Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Speak Up!] »General Discussion » Are You Okay?
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Are You Okay?
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
ElectricWhite ElectricWhite is a Female
Gatchamaniac

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 29-12-2011

spacer
Are You Okay? Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Since Mother Nature has gone crazy and forced Europe to experience Australian- and American-level heat, I want to know how things are going for the Gatchamaniacs Across the Pond. Have you all found a way to cope?

No new posts 20-07-2022 21:34 ElectricWhite is offline Send an Email to ElectricWhite Search for Posts by ElectricWhite Add ElectricWhite to your Buddy List
KT1972 KT1972 is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 02-11-2011

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

I've survived to tell the tale, thanks to a fellow Gatchamaniac from Australia posing some useful tips on Facebook.

Her "damp cloth in the freezer" tip was particularly useful, as was the "ice cubes in pet's water bowls" Thanks Maddy, it quite possibly saved a few lives.

Otherwise, I stayed home and drank lots!

Oh, and fun fact.... 9 of the last 10 hottest UK days on record have all been in the past 20 years.

No new posts 21-07-2022 08:59 KT1972 is offline Send an Email to KT1972 Search for Posts by KT1972 Add KT1972 to your Buddy List
Daniella T Daniella T is a Female
GatchaFreak

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 18-09-2011

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Hi everyone, long time since I posted on this forum.

Missed you all, and it was nice to see you online at the latest GatchaCon Line.

I was in Greece in July, which was HOT but most of the time I was on an island, now I'm back in Brussels and, guess what, we are having a summer! It's very, very hot but I'm really enjoying, as summers are rare here...

Plus the leak on my ceiling hasn't been fixed so I'm not too keen on rain.

The negative aspect are the forest fires raging in Greece and in the rest of Europe...

No new posts 10-08-2022 15:29 Daniella T is offline Send an Email to Daniella T Search for Posts by Daniella T Add Daniella T to your Buddy List
stardust stardust is a Female
Boardie

I am a Berg Katse.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 21-05-2004

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Daniella T
Hi everyone, long time since I posted on this forum.

Missed you all, and it was nice to see you online at the latest GatchaCon Line.

I was in Greece in July, which was HOT but most of the time I was on an island, now I'm back in Brussels and, guess what, we are having a summer! It's very, very hot but I'm really enjoying, as summers are rare here...

Plus the leak on my ceiling hasn't been fixed so I'm not too keen on rain.

The negative aspect are the forest fires raging in Greece and in the rest of Europe...

It was a pleasure to meet you as well Daniella, it's always nice for me to put faces to names, so the zoom session after was especially fun for me.

A villain must be a thing of power, handled with delicacy and grace. He must be wicked enough to excite our aversion, strong enough to arouse our fear, human enough to awaken some transient gleam of sympathy. - Agnes Repplier

No new posts 10-08-2022 19:48 stardust is offline Send an Email to stardust Search for Posts by stardust Add stardust to your Buddy List
Ebonyswanne Ebonyswanne is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Swan.

23 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 25-04-2007

spacer

I'm glad you survived the heatwave. I haven't watched much news lately, so I was behind on the extent of it in England.

Its been many years since we used to freeze ice-cream tubs of water to keep cool and keep pets cool as the ice melts.

I always have a washer in the freezer for various things, or is it simply habit??

Air conditioning makes a big difference in Australia these days.

No new posts 16-08-2022 06:20 Ebonyswanne is offline Send an Email to Ebonyswanne Search for Posts by Ebonyswanne Add Ebonyswanne to your Buddy List
GrumpyGhostOwl GrumpyGhostOwl is a Female
Master Boardie

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-12-2016

spacer

I still freeze ice cream tubs full of water to put in bird drinkers for my raptors and the poultry. But yes, life without air conditioning is a frightening thought.

Those little neckerchiefs with the water beads in them are pretty good if you're outside in the heat. Hats are essential. Viscose and hemp are more absorbent and breathable than cotton.

Ironically I'm snug in my favourite chair by the fire right now as it's a cold night in the forest.

No new posts 10-09-2022 15:31 GrumpyGhostOwl is offline Send an Email to GrumpyGhostOwl Search for Posts by GrumpyGhostOwl Add GrumpyGhostOwl to your Buddy List
Ebonyswanne Ebonyswanne is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Swan.

23 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 25-04-2007

spacer

The temps have been erratic in NSW, we have gone from floods to chills and its mid September. They're still repairing flood damage around town.

Today its warm temps cold winds. I'm staying indoors!

No new posts 17-09-2022 21:23 Ebonyswanne is offline Send an Email to Ebonyswanne Search for Posts by Ebonyswanne Add Ebonyswanne to your Buddy List
Members browsing this thread: none
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: