Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Speak Up!] »General Discussion » GatchaFan Chat - Meet and Greet
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page GatchaFan Chat - Meet and Greet
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
The Other Jason The Other Jason is a Male
Boardie

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 11-08-2010

spacer
GatchaFan Chat - Meet and Greet Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Hi everyone!

One of the goals with reopening my chat room was to encourage more frequent gatherings like many fans used to enjoy. But I also know the times are different and lives are complicated, so dropping into a chat room isn't usually the first thing on anyone's mind. The recent series of special video events has reminded me how much fun it is when fans get together, and I'm hoping to promote more of that.

Therefore, I would like to try scheduling a regular, or semi-regular, meeting time in the chat room. Those who have attended any of the online events in the past couple years know what it's like, but for any who have not, it's a simple old-style, text-based (IRC) chat room. There is no video or audio, although I will definitely consider those options if they're desired.

For this first chat, I thought I would simply leave it open for people to say hello, introduce themselves and get comfortable if they're new to talking with the group. Future chats can possibly be themed around a specific topic, or series, or anything else that may be of interest from the world of Gatchaman, Battle, and (slightly) beyond. If things go well, I may even be able to include some special guests.

After the last online viewing event, I asked the participants what the best time would be for a scheduled chat. The majority agreed to Saturdays, 7pm Eastern US time, so that's what I'm going to try.

Please join us if you can on Saturday, May 21st at my chat room. It is accessible through my home page, by clicking here, or by pasting this link into your browser:
https://qchat.rizon.net/?channels=gcon&uio=OT10cnVlJjExPTA51

Despite what the screen says, no authentication or password is required to join. Just enter a nickname and click on "Connect."

Here is a chart for international timings:

4PM to 6PM Pacific (Los Angeles)
7PM to 9PM Eastern (New York)
Midnight to 2AM (London)
1AM to 3AM Sunday morning, May 22 (Amsterdam)
8AM to 10AM Sunday morning, May 22 (Tokyo)
9AM to 11AM Sunday morning, May 22 (Sydney)

I know these hours may not be the most convenient for everyone around the world, but we can see how it works and maybe adjust in the future. Or even schedule others specifically at better times for our international friends. Also, the two hour time is just a suggestion, we can be there as long as people like.

Please remember the chat room is always open! A few friends and I can usually be found there nightly from about 11PM - 4AM Eastern.

I hope to see you there, to talk with old friends and meet new fans!

The Other Jason ("drazuma" in the chat room)
www.battleoftheplanets.info
www.battleoftheplanets.info/cnc (message board)

No new posts 07-05-2022 21:13 The Other Jason is offline Send an Email to The Other Jason Homepage of The Other Jason Search for Posts by The Other Jason Add The Other Jason to your Buddy List
Katblu42 Katblu42 is a Female
Forum God

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 19-10-2016

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

This sounds like a great idea. Hopefully I will only have to work in the afternoon that day, so I'll try and drop in for a chat!

No new posts 10-05-2022 11:33 Katblu42 is offline Send an Email to Katblu42 Search for Posts by Katblu42 Add Katblu42 to your Buddy List
The Other Jason The Other Jason is a Male
Boardie

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 11-08-2010

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Hi everyone!

Don't forget, tomorrow's the day for our fan chat. Hope to see you there!

The Other Jason
www.battleoftheplanets.info
www.battleoftheplanets.info/cnc (message board)

No new posts 20-05-2022 23:20 The Other Jason is offline Send an Email to The Other Jason Homepage of The Other Jason Search for Posts by The Other Jason Add The Other Jason to your Buddy List
Members browsing this thread: none
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: