Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Speak Up!] »General Discussion » I'm finally home (after almost a year)
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page I'm finally home (after almost a year)
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
ElectricWhite ElectricWhite is a Female
Gatchamaniac

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 29-12-2011

spacer
I'm finally home (after almost a year) Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Yup, I arrived home this Tuesday (March 22).

Unfortunately, it isn't as happy a homecoming as I had hoped. You see, there is an organization here called LifeSpan Resources that puts elderly and disabled people in touch with the necessary services and agencies to keep them living an independent life as long as possible. When talk about me going home started at Hillcrest, I notified my case manager at LifeSpan got the process going to make sure everything was in place. As the day grew closer, the case manager said, "just call me the minute you're home, and I'll send over the state's approval for your aide to start."

Tuesday came, I got home and made the call. "Great!" she said, "I'll send the form over now."

While I waited, I took care of a few other issues, such as getting the company that supplied my power chair to take it and see if they can either repair or replace it -- when the EMTs came to take me to the hospital last April, my chair quit working altogether, even though it had new batteries and none of the cables had disconnected. (Why didn't I do this while I was in the nursing home? My primary insurance is Medicare, and they won't authorize anyone to even look at my chair unless I'm home.)

I kept waiting...and waiting...and then Shawna, my aide of several years, called to tell me that LifeSpan hadn't sent the authorization to her boss yet. I called the case manager.

"I sent the paperwork as soon as you called." she said, "I'm just waiting for the state to respond."

What?!

"The rules have changed." she said, "I couldn't send in the form for you to have an aide until you're actually home."

That isn't what Shawna, her boss, and I were led to believe.

So, it's now Friday, and I'm bedridden.

I have a manual wheelchair, but my shoulders are now so arthritic that I can't push it. I'm also weaker than I was before I went into the hospital, so I need help getting in and out of bed. My uncle, Larry, is now almost 80 and has a degenerative disk condition, so he can't help me like he once did. (But he has been stopping in to check in on me.)

Shawna's boss has been trying to see if the state will pay Shawna backpay so I wouldn't be without the necessary services. No luck.

However, Shawna has been coming over after seeing her other clients to make sure I'm clean and have enough to eat and drink -- although she can get into serious trouble if her boss or LifeSpan found out.

In the meantime, I hope the state hurries up and gets my aide approved!

No new posts 25-03-2022 07:06 ElectricWhite is offline Send an Email to ElectricWhite Search for Posts by ElectricWhite Add ElectricWhite to your Buddy List
Katblu42 Katblu42 is a Female
Forum God

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 19-10-2016

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Oh wow! That doesn't sound like the welcome home you deserve to be able to enjoy!

I really hope all the red tape gets unraveled in super quick time for you!

No new posts 25-03-2022 10:40 Katblu42 is offline Send an Email to Katblu42 Search for Posts by Katblu42 Add Katblu42 to your Buddy List
stardust stardust is a Female
Boardie

I am a Berg Katse.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 21-05-2004

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Oh wow I am so sorry you are going through this! I hope they get their crap together fast.

A villain must be a thing of power, handled with delicacy and grace. He must be wicked enough to excite our aversion, strong enough to arouse our fear, human enough to awaken some transient gleam of sympathy. - Agnes Repplier

No new posts 30-03-2022 22:41 stardust is offline Send an Email to stardust Search for Posts by stardust Add stardust to your Buddy List
Members browsing this thread: none
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: