Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Speak Up!] »General Discussion » Teens think this is all new
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Teens think this is all new
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Ebonyswanne Ebonyswanne is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Swan.

23 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 25-04-2007

spacer
Teens think this is all new Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

My 13 year old daughter is going to Supernova with one on of her besties.
She's planning her costume, and is asking me to make it for her.

She said to me during the planning... "Mum you know nothing about Cosplay and fanfiction." Bwahhhh

Kids they think they invented cosplay and fanfic...

Little do they know.... Wink My daughter isn't going to know my secret identity.

No new posts 28-05-2021 12:24 Ebonyswanne is offline Send an Email to Ebonyswanne Search for Posts by Ebonyswanne Add Ebonyswanne to your Buddy List
stardust stardust is a Female
Boardie

I am a Berg Katse.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 21-05-2004

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

All teenagers think they invented it first, LOL

A villain must be a thing of power, handled with delicacy and grace. He must be wicked enough to excite our aversion, strong enough to arouse our fear, human enough to awaken some transient gleam of sympathy. - Agnes Repplier

No new posts 30-05-2021 20:57 stardust is offline Send an Email to stardust Search for Posts by stardust Add stardust to your Buddy List
Becky Rock Becky Rock is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 16-04-2009

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

And they don't believe us when we answer, "Been there. Done that." Not to mention when they try to get away with things that we tried to get away with, so we know what to look for.

No new posts 31-05-2021 01:02 Becky Rock is offline Send an Email to Becky Rock Search for Posts by Becky Rock Add Becky Rock to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am a Swan.

23 fics uploaded

spacer

Too true Becky,

Two of my teens are now into Japanese anime. Ironically I wasn't the one who introduced them to it.

My eldest daughter is austistic, so going to Supernova has its challenges for her. We are already planning strategies and her costume. I brought the fabric with her, fortunately I can sew, and spent years pattern-making. I can do an outfit from photos.
She's going with a friend who has a brother on the spectrum, so I figured the friends' mother understands and can handle it okay.

Be aware at comic gatherings that there are a lot of autistics that love anime and costumes, they do amazing work of outfits because they are into detail. Crowds, and lots of noise can be hard.

My daughter is a natural at acting and has started writing fanfic for her favourite character. W talk about writing stories and characters. She loves drawing, she draws and draws her character.

No new posts 31-05-2021 11:26 Ebonyswanne is offline Send an Email to Ebonyswanne Search for Posts by Ebonyswanne Add Ebonyswanne to your Buddy List
Becky Rock Becky Rock is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 16-04-2009

spacer

That's great that she's enjoying her love of fanfics and arts. I'd love to read any of her fanfics she cares to share.

No new posts 12-06-2021 01:34 Becky Rock is offline Send an Email to Becky Rock Search for Posts by Becky Rock Add Becky Rock to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am a Swan.

23 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Becky Rock
That's great that she's enjoying her love of fanfics and arts. I'd love to read any of her fanfics she cares to share.

Shes more into fan art. She spends a lot of time drawing her characters.

She a few friends into the same Japanese anime.
Her besties costume was awesome for Supernova in Sydney.
I think she like it that mum treats it as normal. I know of some kids that parents ban then watching it.

As long as the stories are age appropriate I cant see it's an issue.

No new posts 06-07-2021 06:38 Ebonyswanne is offline Send an Email to Ebonyswanne Search for Posts by Ebonyswanne Add Ebonyswanne to your Buddy List
Members browsing this thread: none
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: