Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Speak Up!] »General Discussion » New Tatsunoko book (with Gatchaman content!)
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page New Tatsunoko book (with Gatchaman content!)
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
The Other Jason The Other Jason is a Male
Boardie

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 11-08-2010

spacer
New Tatsunoko book (with Gatchaman content!) Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Hi all,

Genkosha Publishing just announced a new book titled Tatsunoko Pro. Design Archive - 70s Era SF Edition

It will be a three volume set including, as the information puts it, "Almost every planning image (model sheet) that exists at Tatsunoko." This includes Gatchaman, Gatchaman II and Gatchaman Fighter in Volume 1, Casshan in Volume 2 and Polimar and Tekkaman in Volume 3. There will be over 500 separate images spread through the three volumes.

The Gatchaman volume will include character, mechanical and location planning images from all three series, as well as an interview with animator Masami Suda.

The information is saying the title will include a number of images that have been included in previous books, but that are long out-of-print. It will also feature collections of color model sheets, and color images used for posters and product packaging.

The book will be in Japanese, but will obviously be heavy on artwork and images.

The specs:
Title: Tatsunoko Pro. Design Archive - 70s Era SF Edition
Release Date: 8/24/2020
376 pages, 21 x 28cm (approximately 8.25 x 11")
¥7,700 (approximately $73.06 USD)
Publisher: Genkosha Publishing
ISBN 4768313612

It can be ordered at Amazon Japan, which also has some images from the interior.

The Other Jason
www.battleoftheplanets.info

This post has been edited 4 time(s), it was last edited by The Other Jason on 27-07-2020 at 21:13.
No new posts 27-07-2020 20:59 The Other Jason is offline Send an Email to The Other Jason Homepage of The Other Jason Search for Posts by The Other Jason Add The Other Jason to your Buddy List
Katblu42 Katblu42 is a Female
Forum God

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 19-10-2016

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

This sounds awesome. Would be even better if they did one in English! Might be a bit too expensive for me to buy one though.

No new posts 28-07-2020 07:46 Katblu42 is offline Send an Email to Katblu42 Search for Posts by Katblu42 Add Katblu42 to your Buddy List
Becky Rock Becky Rock is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 16-04-2009

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Very interesting. Thanks for sharing, Jason.

No new posts 30-07-2020 23:53 Becky Rock is offline Send an Email to Becky Rock Search for Posts by Becky Rock Add Becky Rock to your Buddy List
Members browsing this thread: none
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: