Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Speak Up!] »General Discussion » deathfics?
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page deathfics?
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Becky Rock Becky Rock is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 16-04-2009

spacer
deathfics? Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

I came across an article today about a genre of fanfic writing called deathfics, where the author kills off their favorite character not of their making. I've never come across any.

I remember back when I saw the Star Trek movie The Wrath of Khan how brave the writers had been to kill off Spock but then they backtracked and brought him back.

Have any of you read any of these deathfics and were any of them about our favorite Gatch/BotP characters?

No new posts 20-02-2020 00:34 Becky Rock is offline Send an Email to Becky Rock Search for Posts by Becky Rock Add Becky Rock to your Buddy List
Katblu42 Katblu42 is a Female
Forum God

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 19-10-2016

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

The writers of Gatchaman already did it when they killed Joe - and then they had to bring him back for Gatch II.

I haven't read any of these deathfics, but I imagine it's just going a (large) step further than those of us who tend to hurt the ones we love in our stories!

No new posts 21-02-2020 09:21 Katblu42 is offline Send an Email to Katblu42 Search for Posts by Katblu42 Add Katblu42 to your Buddy List
Becky Rock Becky Rock is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 16-04-2009

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Yeah, we do like to have our heroes go through hell but we always have them survive it.

Except for a fic here or there that I remember...I'll have to go look for them.

No new posts 22-02-2020 01:25 Becky Rock is offline Send an Email to Becky Rock Search for Posts by Becky Rock Add Becky Rock to your Buddy List
Julieann

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 03-09-2010

spacer

This one had me tearing up when I read it. Well written, but I can't read it right now. Sends me right into tears and shaking.

In Loving Memory
By: GroovyKat

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/4918845/1/In-Loving-Memory

No new posts 12-06-2020 06:02 Julieann is offline Send an Email to Julieann Homepage of Julieann Search for Posts by Julieann Add Julieann to your Buddy List
Ebonyswanne Ebonyswanne is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Swan.

23 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 25-04-2007

spacer

Some of us tend to put them through more hell than in a series... I'm guilty of it. Though, I have it killed off one character, my favourite, then had to find a way to set it right. Hard to even write it, but some stories, it's part of the journey.

No new posts 19-06-2020 13:23 Ebonyswanne is offline Send an Email to Ebonyswanne Search for Posts by Ebonyswanne Add Ebonyswanne to your Buddy List
Members browsing this thread: none
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: