Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Gatchaman Library] »Gatchaman Chat » Battle of the Planets Film News
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): « previous  1  [2]  Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Battle of the Planets Film News
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Becky Rock Becky Rock is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 16-04-2009

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Their process is interesting. I just keep hoping they won't change it too much.

No new posts 07-11-2021 00:39 Becky Rock is offline Send an Email to Becky Rock Search for Posts by Becky Rock Add Becky Rock to your Buddy List
The Other Jason The Other Jason is a Male
Boardie

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 11-08-2010

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Hi all,

Here is a small feature film update reported from Emerald City Comic Con last weekend, where a panel about AGBO's upcoming projects discussed many of the company's plans. Among the panelists were AGBO's co-founder, Mike Larroca, Vice-President of IP/Development Albert Kim, and Vice President of Creative, Kassee Whiting. Kim said the Russo brothers are apparently set to direct the upcoming Battle of the Planets feature themselves. As further reported by Collier "CJ" Jennings on the But Why Tho? podcast website:

"The Russos are also slated to direct an adaptation of the classic anime series Battle of the Planets. Dan Casey, who wrote F9: The Fast Saga, has partnered with AGBO to write the script. Kim briefly discussed how the project would have a universal appeal similar to the original Battle of the Planets show. 'You sort of have to develop everything for a global audience,' he said while also stressing that the film would stay true to the core of the original series. Kim, Whiting, and Larroca also discussed how AGBO approaches crafting franchises, with Whiting aiming for a 'holistic experience' that would build organically upon films rather than attempting to pump out sequels."

You can read the full story here.

The Other Jason
www.battleoftheplanets.info
www.battleoftheplanes.info/cnc

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by The Other Jason on 06-12-2021 at 22:39.
No new posts 06-12-2021 22:39 The Other Jason is offline Send an Email to The Other Jason Homepage of The Other Jason Search for Posts by The Other Jason Add The Other Jason to your Buddy List
Becky Rock Becky Rock is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 16-04-2009

spacer

They said previously it would be their own interpretation vice 'staying true to the core of the original series'. Are they talking Gatchaman, since its the orginal series, vice BoTP? I remember the BotP comic series ended up being too Gatchaman but with BotP character names.

No new posts 19-12-2021 20:46 Becky Rock is offline Send an Email to Becky Rock Search for Posts by Becky Rock Add Becky Rock to your Buddy List
« previous  1  [2]  --> Members browsing this thread: none Pages (2): « previous  1  [2] 
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: