Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Speak Up!] »General Discussion » Gatchaman Imagi film concept art
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Gatchaman Imagi film concept art
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
The Other Jason The Other Jason is a Male
Boardie

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 11-08-2010

spacer
Gatchaman Imagi film concept art Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Hi all,

I’m not sure how much of this was shared around way back when, but just in case it wasn't, I thought you may be interested in seeing some concept art from the unproduced Gatchaman film from Imagi.

This art is from Charlie Wen and was referenced a few days ago in a CBR article.

I know some of it is probably familiar, like the main poster image, but I don't know if the other designs were widespread.

Back in 2007, I was also shown a concept art package (different from the above) that depicted the Ninja Team as having existed far back into ancient Japanese history. The team would have consisted of mulitiple members through the centuries, leading up to the current team’s story. I think that planning was about the 4th or 5th stab at it.

Some of the art showed the team on horseback using swords as weapons, cleaning up enemies on a battlefield. They had a traditional Japanese battle standard that displayed the bird head symbol, capes and vaguely bird-themed armor. In the current day of that planning, the version of Dr. Nambu looked quite a bit like the Afro Samurai character. I wish I had some of that to show you all.

Hope you enjoy Charlie Wen's look at the Ninja Team!

The Other Jason
www.battleoftheplanets.info

No new posts 12-03-2019 03:48 The Other Jason is offline Send an Email to The Other Jason Homepage of The Other Jason Search for Posts by The Other Jason Add The Other Jason to your Buddy List
ElectricWhite ElectricWhite is a Female
Gatchamaniac

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 29-12-2011

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

OMG!!!! Slam Charlie and I had a couple of college courses together! (He was 16, and I was a wee bit older.) He was a shy kid with a seriously kicking talent.

No new posts 12-03-2019 12:10 ElectricWhite is offline Send an Email to ElectricWhite Search for Posts by ElectricWhite Add ElectricWhite to your Buddy List
Becky Rock Becky Rock is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 16-04-2009

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

EW, that's so cool!

A friend of ours that my DH and I worked with had gone to college with and had been roommates the whole time with Orson Card Scott of the Ender's Game book series. We kept trying to meet him but could never work out the timing.

Jason, I remember seeing the concept art from Imagi and I believe there was a short short video (maybe 30-40 seconds) of them in a battle with that look, but I could be wrong on which version it was, but I didn't see the up close shots Charlie When has there. Thanks for sharing!

No new posts 13-03-2019 02:02 Becky Rock is offline Send an Email to Becky Rock Search for Posts by Becky Rock Add Becky Rock to your Buddy List
Members browsing this thread: none
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: