Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Speak Up!] »Rave! » Published!
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Published!
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Daniella T Daniella T is a Female
GatchaFreak

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 18-09-2011

spacer
Published! Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

I am now officially a published author!

In April, I took part in a short-story competition run by one of the major book-stores in Athens, with the theme "Athens and the book".
The top fifty stories were published together in a volume, and mine was one of them! I wrote it under a pen-name (a Greek one, this time).

But that's not all: the top ten stories were read out at a special event held at the bookshop, in the presence of the evaluation panel, the ten "winners" and lots and lots of people. So last week they called me from the bookshop, to ask me whether I could come to this event (I had written in my CV that I live abroad) as my story was among the top ten! As you can imagine, I bought a ticket immediately, took two days off work and was in Athens Wednesday morning.

The event was held Wednesday evening, and, for me, it was quite moving -- also because the story is a very personal one, relating to events I had experienced as a student during the student demonstrations of 1990-1991. Anyway, the crowd seemed to like it Smile.

Now I'm back in Cyprus, trying to recover from all the excitement Smile, and looking forward to NaNo 2018!

No new posts 28-09-2018 06:50 Daniella T is offline Send an Email to Daniella T Search for Posts by Daniella T Add Daniella T to your Buddy List
KT1972 KT1972 is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 02-11-2011

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Oh wow! Congratulations DT, that's fantastic.

I hope this gives you the encouragement and confidence to submit more stories for publication.

No new posts 28-09-2018 08:26 KT1972 is offline Send an Email to KT1972 Search for Posts by KT1972 Add KT1972 to your Buddy List
ElectricWhite ElectricWhite is a Female
Gatchamaniac

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 29-12-2011

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Animeclap Congrats! This has been a long time coming. I can't wait to hear about your next work! Mosh

No new posts 28-09-2018 12:24 ElectricWhite is offline Send an Email to ElectricWhite Search for Posts by ElectricWhite Add ElectricWhite to your Buddy List
Ebonyswanne Ebonyswanne is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Swan.

23 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 25-04-2007

spacer

Congratulations that exciting new for you Daniela T. Would love to read your story.

No new posts 28-09-2018 22:17 Ebonyswanne is offline Send an Email to Ebonyswanne Search for Posts by Ebonyswanne Add Ebonyswanne to your Buddy List
Becky Rock Becky Rock is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 16-04-2009

spacer

Congrats DT! There's nothing like that feeling.

Keep your momentum and write some more!

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Becky Rock on 30-09-2018 at 01:20.
No new posts 29-09-2018 00:26 Becky Rock is offline Send an Email to Becky Rock Search for Posts by Becky Rock Add Becky Rock to your Buddy List
mylari mylari is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 03-09-2014

spacer

Congrats DT! That’s awesome news, I can’t imagine how exciting that must have been for you. 😊

Find me on the web at Mylari's Anime Website

No new posts 30-09-2018 00:00 mylari is offline Send an Email to mylari Homepage of mylari Search for Posts by mylari Add mylari to your Buddy List
Katblu42 Katblu42 is a Female
Forum God

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 19-10-2016

spacer

Wow. That's awesome! Congratulations DT.

No new posts 30-09-2018 11:40 Katblu42 is offline Send an Email to Katblu42 Search for Posts by Katblu42 Add Katblu42 to your Buddy List
Daniella T Daniella T is a Female
GatchaFreak

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 18-09-2011

spacer

Thank you all!
Your encouragement and kind words mean a lot!

The story is in Greek, otherwise it would already be on one forum or another Smile

No new posts 30-09-2018 17:37 Daniella T is offline Send an Email to Daniella T Search for Posts by Daniella T Add Daniella T to your Buddy List
Reboekah
Master Boardie

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 12-03-2005

spacer

Absolutely fabulous!
Congrats!

No new posts 02-10-2018 01:31 Reboekah is offline Send an Email to Reboekah Homepage of Reboekah Search for Posts by Reboekah Add Reboekah to your Buddy List
jublke
Forum Legend

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 24-10-2009

spacer

Wonderful news, Daniella!

No new posts 07-02-2021 04:15 jublke is offline Send an Email to jublke Homepage of jublke Search for Posts by jublke Add jublke to your Buddy List
Redbird Redbird is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-08-2013

spacer

Way to go DT! Congrats! : )

No new posts 09-02-2021 01:13 Redbird is offline Search for Posts by Redbird Add Redbird to your Buddy List
Members browsing this thread: none
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: