Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Entertainment] »Video/PC Games, Models & Toys » Ken the Eagle 1/4 scale statue by Prime 1 Studio
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Ken the Eagle 1/4 scale statue by Prime 1 Studio
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
GirlCondor GirlCondor is a Female

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 03-05-2018

spacer
Ken the Eagle 1/4 scale statue by Prime 1 Studio Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Hey. Gatchapeeps! I don't know if anyone has posted this already and my apologies if it has already been brought to your attention. Also, he's probably going to be stupid expensive.

From NerdReverse's Instagram Account (There are multiple photos!) -
https://www.instagram.com/p/BoB53JPHg1m/...id=6vnhu8qkz1eo

Prime Studios Instagram account in case anyone feels like watching their announcements like a hawk. For reasons. -
https://www.instagram.com/prime1studio/

And Prime 1 Studio's website. He isn't on there yet, but ya know, for comparison. -
https://www.prime1studio.com/scale/1-4-scale.html

The face is ehhhhhh close, but those eyebrows seem a bit too thin. I don't know why everyone makes Ken's eyebrows too thin. (I am finicky little twerp when it comes to the portrayal of my ninja birds)...BUT, he is still pretty and wow that is a nice sculpt/paint/nifty costume design that I don't hate. I WANT THEM TO MAKE A JOE. And then I can whine about how expensive he is and also debate being a totally irresponsible adult and buying one anyway because I am a grown woman who can buy dumb stuff if she wants to and ain't no one gonna stop me. (Except my bank account.)

If they plan on making the whole team...I might be in trouble.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by GirlCondor on 23-09-2018 at 18:47.
No new posts 23-09-2018 18:46 GirlCondor is offline Homepage of GirlCondor Search for Posts by GirlCondor Add GirlCondor to your Buddy List
ElectricWhite ElectricWhite is a Female
Gatchamaniac

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 29-12-2011

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Gimme a minute, I need to get my jaw off the floor...

That's an impressive piece of work! ...And now I'm feeling bummed out 'cause I already know I won't be able to afford it even if I didn't eat or pay rent for a couple of months.

Dammit dammit dammit! Protest

No new posts 23-09-2018 19:10 ElectricWhite is offline Send an Email to ElectricWhite Search for Posts by ElectricWhite Add ElectricWhite to your Buddy List

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

I am wincing at that price tag. I mean. Yowza. Their statues are crazy expensive...But. Sooooooo good.

I'm still losing my mind over the fact that his base is part of a destroyed Galactor mecha and there is an actual Galactor helmet hanging off it. Eeeeeeeeee wantwantwanwant. Can'taffordcan'taffordcan'tafford. Maybe I can start a separate money stash via art sales for "useless overly expensive paperweights that look very pretty".

*pouts*

No new posts 23-09-2018 19:19 GirlCondor is offline Homepage of GirlCondor Search for Posts by GirlCondor Add GirlCondor to your Buddy List
The Other Jason The Other Jason is a Male
Boardie

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 11-08-2010

spacer

Hi all,

It looks very nice. I like the modern takes on the suit materials. They add some interesting realism. I like the amount of fine detail in the statue and I think most of it works quite well. I agree the face isn't exactly Ken, but it's decent. The base is pretty cool with the destroyed machinery and Galactor soldier helmet. Nice touches!

However, they did all that work on it, and one thing immediately stuck out... where's his bracelet? Maybe it's there but not painted? It was a little difficult to tell. Either missing or unpainted, hopefully this is just a prototype and that will be corrected on the final.

Thanks for sharing about it!

The Other Jason
www.battleoftheplanets.info

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by The Other Jason on 23-09-2018 at 21:20.
No new posts 23-09-2018 21:19 The Other Jason is offline Send an Email to The Other Jason Homepage of The Other Jason Search for Posts by The Other Jason Add The Other Jason to your Buddy List

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

I just caught the missing bracelet!!! (after ogling it for the 500th time XD) Kind of an important detail there. This is a first reveal so here's to hoping they take a second pass at the prototype before manufacturing. Also, if we're gonna nitpick...that feather cape is the wrong shape. It should be partially split up the back, long on the outside and short on the inside, like wings! (I remember counting feather separations and most of the reference screen shots I use show seven on each wing. I can't help myself on this stuff either). I'm just happy it's hinted that he has long hair. I am so sick of redesigns sheering the Eagle's mane.

Imperfections aside, I still want one. Tongue

No new posts 23-09-2018 21:46 GirlCondor is offline Homepage of GirlCondor Search for Posts by GirlCondor Add GirlCondor to your Buddy List
KT1972 KT1972 is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 02-11-2011

spacer

Eek2 Eek2 Eek2

No new posts 24-09-2018 10:56 KT1972 is offline Send an Email to KT1972 Search for Posts by KT1972 Add KT1972 to your Buddy List
Katblu42 Katblu42 is a Female
Forum God

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 19-10-2016

spacer

Wow.
Drool2

Some very nice detail there! (And some mistakes as already stated)

I need a better paying job.

No new posts 24-09-2018 11:58 Katblu42 is offline Send an Email to Katblu42 Search for Posts by Katblu42 Add Katblu42 to your Buddy List
Becky Rock Becky Rock is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 16-04-2009

spacer

I love that. Like Jason said, little tweaks to the uniform that I really like. I missed the missing bracelet. I was too busy looking at other parts.

Like GC, I'd love to see the Joe version.

No new posts 24-09-2018 23:24 Becky Rock is offline Send an Email to Becky Rock Search for Posts by Becky Rock Add Becky Rock to your Buddy List
Ebonyswanne Ebonyswanne is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Swan.

23 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 25-04-2007

spacer

Wow!! The artwork is beautiful, and I love his base. I'm in love all over again...
Sculpting is difficult to do, from experience here. I had some lessons from a top artist in sculpting heads out of clay and creating facial features, ready for mold making for resins or other mediums.
I admire anyone who gets it close. His torso... oh my...oh my...

His brows and bracelet are fixable with some paint, a brush... Just sayin... Wink

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Ebonyswanne on 25-09-2018 at 09:43.
No new posts 25-09-2018 09:39 Ebonyswanne is offline Send an Email to Ebonyswanne Search for Posts by Ebonyswanne Add Ebonyswanne to your Buddy List

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

GUYS. THEY FIXED IT. ACK. It's getting a lot harder to talk myself out of financing this stupid thing.
55 pictures have been added to Prime1Studio's Facebook Album. The initial prototype looked good, this one looks amazing. They added the band, improved on the face a bit, and he has multiple helmets/heads/hands. I kind of like the angry face. This is a 29 inch statue. I might have my nitpicks as I am a nitpicker, but good grief this is pretty and I wants it for my own. Now if you'll excuse me, I better get back to work and perhaps go sell my blood because this is going to be damn expensive...

No new posts 07-01-2019 14:37 GirlCondor is offline Homepage of GirlCondor Search for Posts by GirlCondor Add GirlCondor to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

*GROWL* I don't do Facebook and the login screen refused to go down to let me see it.

This might force me to join just to see it.

No new posts 08-01-2019 01:11 Becky Rock is offline Send an Email to Becky Rock Search for Posts by Becky Rock Add Becky Rock to your Buddy List

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

He's up for pre-order! All photos are available here, so no need for stupid FB. Big Grin

https://www.prime1studio.com/gatchaman/g...-pmgm-01ex.html

$849 for the exclusive version, $700 for the regular version. Intallment payments are an option for anyone who is interested, and the statue should be released sometime March-May 2020.There will only be 500 of the exclusive versions, regular version TBD. No word on if they are going to make the rest of the team. That might depend on how fast this guy sells.

No new posts 08-01-2019 19:06 GirlCondor is offline Homepage of GirlCondor Search for Posts by GirlCondor Add GirlCondor to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Thanks GC!

That is a bit pricey, but so tempting!

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Becky Rock on 09-01-2019 at 01:29.
No new posts 09-01-2019 01:29 Becky Rock is offline Send an Email to Becky Rock Search for Posts by Becky Rock Add Becky Rock to your Buddy List
Springie Springie is a Female
Her Royal Fluffiness...Swan of Swans...

I am a Swan.

6 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 12-06-2006

spacer

So amazing! I’m enjoying looking at the pictures- he looks great!

There is no problem that cannot be solved with time, patience, and a judicious amount of high explosives.

No new posts 13-01-2019 03:26 Springie is offline Send an Email to Springie Homepage of Springie Search for Posts by Springie Add Springie to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Springie MSN Screenname: Springie
Members browsing this thread: none
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: