Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Speak Up!] »Introductions » Back to the fandom
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Back to the fandom
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
cherry cat cherry cat is a Female
Former Lurker

I am a Swan.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 30-11-2004

spacer
Back to the fandom Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Hello everyone!

I can't believe that after like... 12 years from my registration I still remember my username and password Eekdrool
I've been a fan of Gatchaman since the eighties, when I first watched the series. Then my interest revamped around 2003, after reading the comics, and back then I fairly checked the Yahoo Mailing List.
I registered here but never used my account. I just read tons of fan-fictions!
Few weeks ago I had a chance to watch some episodes of Infini-T Force and... oops! I got hooked again!
I suppose I'll remain a fan for the rest of my life... Luvu3

Few info about me: I'm Italian, living in the north of the country. The fist Gatchaman series broadcast here was the dubbed american version, with the cuts and 7-Zark-7. Even back then, I hated it... Uhoh1

My favorite birdie is the Swan, and then Joe, but I have also so much love for poor Berg Katze and his minions. Poor dears, always beaten up Tongue

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by cherry cat on 02-12-2017 at 21:05.
No new posts 02-12-2017 21:04 cherry cat is offline Send an Email to cherry cat Search for Posts by cherry cat Add cherry cat to your Buddy List
KT1972 KT1972 is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 02-11-2011

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Welcome, Cherry.

It's good to see you here, and I'm glad you've decided to take the plunge and post. I hope you'll have fun joining in with many other threads.

No new posts 02-12-2017 22:04 KT1972 is online Send an Email to KT1972 Search for Posts by KT1972 Add KT1972 to your Buddy List
ElectricWhite ElectricWhite is a Female
Gatchamaniac

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 29-12-2011

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Well, hello! I'm glad you've decided to join, and I'm looking forward to knowing what you think about things.

No new posts 02-12-2017 22:46 ElectricWhite is offline Send an Email to ElectricWhite Search for Posts by ElectricWhite Add ElectricWhite to your Buddy List
ChrisW ChrisW is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 16-01-2012

spacer

Welcome! Nice to meet you. Smile

No new posts 03-12-2017 02:06 ChrisW is offline Send an Email to ChrisW Search for Posts by ChrisW Add ChrisW to your Buddy List
GrumpyGhostOwl GrumpyGhostOwl is a Female
Master Boardie

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-12-2016

spacer

Welcome. Glad you've decided to join in the fun.

If you like fanfic, there's a fair amount to be had here.

There's a lot over at the Gatchfanfic.com website, with the caveat that they've been having difficulties with DNS hijacking, which can randomly turn the site into a plain blue page full of advertising links that have nothing to do with Gatchaman or fanfic (I wouldn't click on any of them in case of malware.)

There's more and more going up at An Archive of Our Own as well.

Once the gift exchange is complete, you'll see a whole lot of stories posted here, a veritable festive feast of fanfic.

Enjoy.

No new posts 03-12-2017 05:23 GrumpyGhostOwl is offline Send an Email to GrumpyGhostOwl Search for Posts by GrumpyGhostOwl Add GrumpyGhostOwl to your Buddy List
Former Lurker

I am a Swan.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Thank you ladies for the welcome! Smile Luvu1

And thank you GrumpyGhostOwl for the info!
Actually I thought that Gatchfanfic.com was totally down. I checked it a couple of times in the latest weeks but I got only that blue page of doom. Glad to know it's still somewhat alive Smile

Do you have any good fanfic to recommend there or on AO3?
I prefer adventure and sci-fi stories, and I do not mind sexual content to spice up the story Eyebrows

No new posts 03-12-2017 08:30 cherry cat is offline Send an Email to cherry cat Search for Posts by cherry cat Add cherry cat to your Buddy List
Master Boardie

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Well, you could always check out the Shameless self-promotion thread.

Ebonyswanne's stuff is popular - she's quite the prolific writer so you won't get run out of things to read in a hurry and I believe she's merging Gatch into BotP by making BotP take place in the same universe, just quite some time after the Gatch timeline, a nice device.

Katblu42 is just starting out with her stories but the quality so far is very high.

Madilayn is writing a BotP series which I'm enjoying thus far.

IF you can get onto Gatchfanfic (try clearing your cookies for the site, it might help) then Jane Lebak and Naa-Dei Nikoi are both excellent writers of exceptional quality. Also recommended are Terri-Anne Smith, Becky Rock, Cricket, Nish... too many to mention. I just hope they can get their DNS issues sorted out.

And if you like a bit of sci-fi adventure with a dash of humour and copious footnotes, there's my stuff. Be warned: Zark is in it, but I've tried to throttle him back to where he ought to be, unless I'm playing him for laughs.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by GrumpyGhostOwl on 03-12-2017 at 10:52.
No new posts 03-12-2017 10:39 GrumpyGhostOwl is offline Send an Email to GrumpyGhostOwl Search for Posts by GrumpyGhostOwl Add GrumpyGhostOwl to your Buddy List
Master Boardie

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Some links:

Ebonyswanne's Tangled Web series and its follow-on can be found here http://archiveofourown.org/users/Ebonysw...nyswanne/series

Madilayn's Generations series is here: http://archiveofourown.org/series/845595

Katblu42's The Two Years Between is here: http://archiveofourown.org/works/8593183...g/series/394162

No new posts 03-12-2017 11:39 GrumpyGhostOwl is offline Send an Email to GrumpyGhostOwl Search for Posts by GrumpyGhostOwl Add GrumpyGhostOwl to your Buddy List
Former Lurker

I am a Swan.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Thank you so much for the suggestions!
I think I already read something from Jane Lebak and Madilayn but, eh, too many years have passed. I need to check and maybe to read everything again (oh oh oh, not that I would mind... :party2Smile

I'll get a look at yours too! Humor is also as good as sex in the stories I like to read Smile

What I absolutely do not like is pure romance. Romance is good if it's part of the mix, but I suppose I'm too old to read verbose fictions of endless musings where in the end Ken proposes to Jun... or Joe to Ken, Joe to Jun, Jun to Zoltar or whatever combination you might think to....

No new posts 03-12-2017 19:07 cherry cat is offline Send an Email to cherry cat Search for Posts by cherry cat Add cherry cat to your Buddy List
Redbird Redbird is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-08-2013

spacer

Looks like I'm late to the party, but welcome! Smile

Hope you enjoy our little corner of the web!

No new posts 03-12-2017 19:38 Redbird is offline Search for Posts by Redbird Add Redbird to your Buddy List
Master Boardie

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

I left out the link to my own series!

http://archiveofourown.org/series/394162

No new posts 03-12-2017 21:55 GrumpyGhostOwl is offline Send an Email to GrumpyGhostOwl Search for Posts by GrumpyGhostOwl Add GrumpyGhostOwl to your Buddy List
Ebonyswanne Ebonyswanne is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Swan.

23 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 25-04-2007

spacer

Welcome back to the Fandom Cherry Cat, and to Gatchamania. I hope you have time to take a seat and mingle.

The next lot of bulk postings will be in a few weeks with the Christmas exchange, Amethyst is preparing herself for it.

Its a good mix of themes and variations the fanfic side of the fandom here. Which is good because that way its not all the same adds Variety.

GGO; I'm blushing.... speechless...

I'm not really good at self-promoting, I tend to like a real plotline especially in longer stories and series. I like spice but it all has to fit too. I like exploring relationships/friendships, and how people tick... both romantic an platonic.

(But at times here people have written fun stuff there too in musings and challenges over the years and a mix.) Depends on the day! LOL Plenty in the threads.

To be honest I love the whole team. But I do tend to like the Swan and Eagle. I have love of the Condor too and actually enjoy writing his story.

G-Ghostowl has a lot of RL writing experience, and prolific herself. I like how she portrays her characters and has witty content.

No new posts 03-12-2017 23:33 Ebonyswanne is offline Send an Email to Ebonyswanne Search for Posts by Ebonyswanne Add Ebonyswanne to your Buddy List
Madilayn Madilayn is a Female
Mistress of Ebil

I am a Swan.

24 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 01-02-2006

spacer

Welcome back Cherry!! Glad to see you return

"When I'm old, I don't want them to say of me, "She's so charming." I want them to say, "Be careful, I think she's armed." -G. Stoddart

No new posts 04-12-2017 03:57 Madilayn is offline Send an Email to Madilayn Homepage of Madilayn Search for Posts by Madilayn Add Madilayn to your Buddy List
Former Lurker

I am a Swan.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Thank you again, my Ladies, for the warm welcome and all the suggestions! Luvu4
Waiting for the Christmas exchange I'll enjoy your stories. I possess a
AO3 account but I never posted anything there... I'll put it to a good use reviewing your ff.

Ebonyswanne and Madilayn, your avatars are superb! Do they have a story behind?

No new posts 04-12-2017 15:29 cherry cat is offline Send an Email to cherry cat Search for Posts by cherry cat Add cherry cat to your Buddy List
Ebonyswanne Ebonyswanne is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Swan.

23 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 25-04-2007

spacer

A professional artist from Deviant art did them for Gatchamania members about 7 years ago. He did 2 of mine but I liked the one without the helmet more. He has a wallpaper for them in Deviant. I'll look up his name again.

No new posts 04-12-2017 19:26 Ebonyswanne is offline Send an Email to Ebonyswanne Search for Posts by Ebonyswanne Add Ebonyswanne to your Buddy List
ChrisW ChrisW is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 16-01-2012

spacer

He takes commissions in DeviantArt as well.

No new posts 04-12-2017 22:45 ChrisW is offline Send an Email to ChrisW Search for Posts by ChrisW Add ChrisW to your Buddy List
Madilayn Madilayn is a Female
Mistress of Ebil

I am a Swan.

24 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 01-02-2006

spacer

He's Thunderbird here and Inspector97 on DeviantArt

"When I'm old, I don't want them to say of me, "She's so charming." I want them to say, "Be careful, I think she's armed." -G. Stoddart

No new posts 05-12-2017 03:49 Madilayn is offline Send an Email to Madilayn Homepage of Madilayn Search for Posts by Madilayn Add Madilayn to your Buddy List
Former Lurker

I am a Swan.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Great! I'll look for him on Deviantart where I've an account Smile

No new posts 05-12-2017 08:34 cherry cat is offline Send an Email to cherry cat Search for Posts by cherry cat Add cherry cat to your Buddy List
Members browsing this thread: none
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: