Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Speak Up!] »General Discussion » A Question for Skype Users
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page A Question for Skype Users
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
GrumpyGhostOwl GrumpyGhostOwl is a Female
Master Boardie

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-12-2016

spacer
A Question for Skype Users Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Has anyone tried using the screen-sharing functionality of Skype to watch a DVD with others?

Would it work in Google Hangouts since the new version of Skype for Windows 10 sucks more than the original Dyson? (Don't get me started on Skype for Windows 10!)

I ask because I was thinking of having a session with a couple of other fans where we watch an episode of BotP and MST3K the living daylights out of it just for lulz.

No new posts 28-08-2017 03:43 GrumpyGhostOwl is offline Send an Email to GrumpyGhostOwl Search for Posts by GrumpyGhostOwl Add GrumpyGhostOwl to your Buddy List
Ebonyswanne Ebonyswanne is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Swan.

23 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 25-04-2007

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

I haven't tried it in Skype-- Mostly conference video calling than watching a DVD.
Blackboard collaborate is the most I've used, but it was for recordings.

No new posts 28-08-2017 09:09 Ebonyswanne is offline Send an Email to Ebonyswanne Search for Posts by Ebonyswanne Add Ebonyswanne to your Buddy List
ChrisW ChrisW is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 16-01-2012

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Hmm if anything you want to watch and share is on a major streaming service you can use https://www.rabb.it ... Can't upload your own stuff, though.

No new posts 29-08-2017 22:04 ChrisW is offline Send an Email to ChrisW Search for Posts by ChrisW Add ChrisW to your Buddy List
GrumpyGhostOwl GrumpyGhostOwl is a Female
Master Boardie

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-12-2016

spacer

I've shared my own short video files via Skype but never an actual DVD. Some of my American friends can't watch Region 4 BotP PAL DVDs on their Region 1 NTSC AV equipment so I figured that if I played my discs on my PC and shared the screen + system sound, we could watch it together that way... as long as my antiquated rural ADSL1 connection over 25-year-old copper pair can handle it, that is. (I had Cat7 installed to the house but between my pit and the RIM it's all copper.)

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by GrumpyGhostOwl on 30-08-2017 at 05:30.
No new posts 30-08-2017 05:29 GrumpyGhostOwl is offline Send an Email to GrumpyGhostOwl Search for Posts by GrumpyGhostOwl Add GrumpyGhostOwl to your Buddy List
Members browsing this thread: none
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: