Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Speak Up!] »General Discussion » It's AquaOwl!
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page It's AquaOwl!
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
ElectricWhite ElectricWhite is a Female
Gatchamaniac

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 29-12-2011

spacer
It's AquaOwl! Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

I wonder if it has a telepathic link to aquatic life...

https://youtu.be/LQNHJTleMZg

No new posts 14-06-2017 22:31 ElectricWhite is offline Send an Email to ElectricWhite Search for Posts by ElectricWhite Add ElectricWhite to your Buddy List
GrumpyGhostOwl GrumpyGhostOwl is a Female
Master Boardie

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-12-2016

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Owls don't normally swim. It must have accidentally landed in the water and fortunately it was able to find a dry spot before it drowned. They do love to bathe, and some Owls will catch fish from streams, but their feathers can easily become waterlogged. They are not considered water birds.

The people taking the video were pretty lucky not to end up lacerated since they effectively cornered a predator at the end of it, and cornering a predator is generally not a good idea unless -

(a) cornering and capturing said predator is your actual aim;
(b) you have the training to safely deal with said predator; and
(c) you have appropriate equipment to hand.

No new posts 14-06-2017 23:33 GrumpyGhostOwl is offline Send an Email to GrumpyGhostOwl Search for Posts by GrumpyGhostOwl Add GrumpyGhostOwl to your Buddy List
ChrisW ChrisW is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 16-01-2012

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Poor owl's gonna be stuck on that dry spot for a while! At least if it started to drown they could have helped, though as GGO said, they'd have to have done it VERY CAREFULLY.

No new posts 15-06-2017 23:00 ChrisW is offline Send an Email to ChrisW Search for Posts by ChrisW Add ChrisW to your Buddy List
ElectricWhite ElectricWhite is a Female
Gatchamaniac

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 29-12-2011

spacer

I originally saw this on a clips show called Right This Minute, though I didn't use the clip from the show 'cause they had several other clips strung together, so I couldn't isolate the owl.

Anyway, one of the hosts said that a park ranger told him that what we saw happens quite often there, though the owls usually come out of that unharmed.

No new posts 16-06-2017 01:55 ElectricWhite is offline Send an Email to ElectricWhite Search for Posts by ElectricWhite Add ElectricWhite to your Buddy List
Members browsing this thread: none
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: