Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Gatchaman Library] »Gatchaman » Princesses- yo-yo bomb.
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Princesses- yo-yo bomb.
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Ebonyswanne Ebonyswanne is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Swan.

23 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 25-04-2007

spacer
Princesses- yo-yo bomb. Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

I had a few ideas on the series and I was thinking about the Swans yo-yo bomb. From what I recall off hand she only ever carries one on her into battle.

Its been a while since I've been able to enjoy watching eps all the way through to see if its explained or shown-- and wonder if she carries extras somehow. (Cause he belt pocket only looks like room for one yo-yo bomb.)

She couldn't use it again afterwards obviously since it was blown up?

I doubt she runs back to the ship to top up during a battle. Other than that she's out of a weapon. Same thing she puts a bomb into Mark/Ken's birdrang. Does he carry a spare?

Thoughts?? Is this fic fodder??

No new posts 26-04-2017 11:08 Ebonyswanne is offline Send an Email to Ebonyswanne Search for Posts by Ebonyswanne Add Ebonyswanne to your Buddy List
Katblu42 Katblu42 is a Female
Forum God

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 19-10-2016

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

I guess putting the explosives they all seem to carry (at least Ken, Jun and Jinpei) into their personal weapons would be a last resort option. Once it's blown up they'd be weaponless (but not necessarily less dangerous) until they get back to the Phoenix, or base.

No new posts 26-04-2017 11:29 Katblu42 is offline Send an Email to Katblu42 Search for Posts by Katblu42 Add Katblu42 to your Buddy List
GrumpyGhostOwl GrumpyGhostOwl is a Female
Master Boardie

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-12-2016

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

I think you're right, Ebonyswanne: each team member basically carries one weapon, and when those who can detonate their weapons detonate them, that's it: kablooey. Fill out a form and take it down to the armoury. Again.

I recall the episode you're thinking of, where Mark asks for one of Princess' 'fusion cylinders' and loads his boomerang with it, after which it goes kablooey and after the credits roll, Mark presumably has to fill out a form and see whoever is in charge of the armoury.

If you want to get into speculative territory, would de-transmuting and re-transmuting again restore a full complement of weaponry and/or ammunition? Do they keep spares in hammerspace? What constitutes hammerspace in the battleverse? I suspect hammerspace exists in the battleverse because it's really difficult to explain the apparent absence of conservation of mass without invoking said hammerspace. Let's face it, people in the gatchaverse and the battleverse appear to have a note from their Mum excusing them from physics forever, particularly the mentors. If real science bit one of them on the ankle, he'd be all like, "Dude, what just bit me on the ankle?"

The short answer is that we don't know, so as far as fan-fiction's concerned, you can basically come up with your favourite flavour of phlebotinum and add to taste.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by GrumpyGhostOwl on 26-04-2017 at 14:30.
No new posts 26-04-2017 14:28 GrumpyGhostOwl is offline Send an Email to GrumpyGhostOwl Search for Posts by GrumpyGhostOwl Add GrumpyGhostOwl to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am a Swan.

23 fics uploaded

spacer

The other tjing that cracks me up is the Swan basically carries live explosives on her no matter where she is.

Can you imagine an accident at the snack J. She realizes one of her bombs is a little unstable sitting in her pocket.

Its one way to clear a movie theatre if she was on a date. Too funny.

Really the end credits saved the day. I could see Mark sweating as his sonic boomerang explodes... feeling vunerable... then the music starts and they all collapse relieved.
Laws of physics... nahhhh... why spoil the fun. WinkπŸ˜€

No new posts 26-04-2017 23:12 Ebonyswanne is offline Send an Email to Ebonyswanne Search for Posts by Ebonyswanne Add Ebonyswanne to your Buddy List
ChrisW ChrisW is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 16-01-2012

spacer

LOL so many great suggestions and observations here. It would be fun to use a different set of rules in every fic universe. Smile I will note that I'm pretty sure Ken/Mark also carries explosives in his pouch. I'm pretty sure he's loaded them into his weapon straight from there before.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by ChrisW on 27-04-2017 at 21:07.
No new posts 27-04-2017 21:07 ChrisW is offline Send an Email to ChrisW Search for Posts by ChrisW Add ChrisW to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am a Swan.

23 fics uploaded

spacer

It changes every few eps really. They gave teenagers live explosives to carry around in their pockets. What were they thinking!πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

No new posts 28-04-2017 06:35 Ebonyswanne is offline Send an Email to Ebonyswanne Search for Posts by Ebonyswanne Add Ebonyswanne to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Indeed! It would make more sense if they didn't have their weapons on them ALL THE TIME. Smile

Joe/Jason: "Why don't I get to carry them too?"

Everyone stares at the Condor.

(I wouldn't be surprised if I've forgotten some episode that shows he also carries them.)

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by ChrisW on 28-04-2017 at 19:00.
No new posts 28-04-2017 18:59 ChrisW is offline Send an Email to ChrisW Search for Posts by ChrisW Add ChrisW to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am a Swan.

23 fics uploaded

spacer

Mark/Ken logic. "It's not in your job description."

Joe/Jason grimace. "Since when did I care about that?"

Jun/Princess heavy sigh. " I can make a few mini bird missles explosives if it will make you feel more included."

No new posts 29-04-2017 07:31 Ebonyswanne is offline Send an Email to Ebonyswanne Search for Posts by Ebonyswanne Add Ebonyswanne to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

LOL ...

Jun/Princess: If you want to use them in your gun, though, I'll have to do a lot of testing to make sure you don't blow your hand off.

Trying to remember if Jinpei/Keyop had explosives for his bolos. He might have.

No new posts 29-04-2017 20:36 ChrisW is offline Send an Email to ChrisW Search for Posts by ChrisW Add ChrisW to your Buddy List
KT1972 KT1972 is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 02-11-2011

spacer

he did, in ep 10, The great underground monster war!

No new posts 29-04-2017 21:39 KT1972 is offline Send an Email to KT1972 Search for Posts by KT1972 Add KT1972 to your Buddy List
Master Boardie

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by KT1972
he did, in ep 10, The great underground monster war!

Yep. He keeps them in what looks like a tic-tac box.

Swallow-bombs: the freshmaker.

(Okay, I'm mixing my confectionery there, but you get the drift.)

No new posts 30-04-2017 10:21 GrumpyGhostOwl is offline Send an Email to GrumpyGhostOwl Search for Posts by GrumpyGhostOwl Add GrumpyGhostOwl to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by GrumpyGhostOwl

LOL

Does that make Joe/Jason the only one who doesn't carry explosives, or have I forgot an episode where we see him pull some out?

I seem to recall that at one point Ken/Mark had some in the heel of his boot? That seemed a rather dangerous spot to keep them. Smile

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by ChrisW on 30-04-2017 at 20:46.
No new posts 30-04-2017 20:45 ChrisW is offline Send an Email to ChrisW Search for Posts by ChrisW Add ChrisW to your Buddy List
Master Boardie

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by ChrisW
quote:

LOL

Does that make Joe/Jason the only one who doesn't carry explosives, or have I forgot an episode where we see him pull some out?

I seem to recall that at one point Ken/Mark had some in the heel of his boot? That seemed a rather dangerous spot to keep them. Smile

Don't forget Ryu/Tiny! He carries a cable gun like G-2, unless of course, you're counting the fact that he usually has the command ship strapped to his arse, which carries the heaviest explosive complement by a long chalk.

In the episode with the really creative taxidermy of the mammoth, where G-3 loses her shoe, we are shown that the team's gear is close to indestructible. Perhaps the heel of the boot is supposed to able to contain some kind of really, really, REALLY stable compound that remains inert within its container and only goes 'boom!' when you really, really, REALLY want it to, using a PRD (Plot-Requirement Detonator.)

Now I have a mental image of poor Dr Nambu, who after he died, was sent to atone for his sins. His spirit is subject to the eternal torment of sitting through endless lectures on real science. With pitchforks, chalk that makes that awful squeaky noise on the blackboard, and those old black and white Open University films. And possibly old re-runs of 'Why is it So?' with Professor Julius Sumner-Miller. (He doesn't get to watch the original series of 'Cosmos' with Carl Sagan, though, because that was actually pretty good.)

No new posts 30-04-2017 23:35 GrumpyGhostOwl is offline Send an Email to GrumpyGhostOwl Search for Posts by GrumpyGhostOwl Add GrumpyGhostOwl to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am a Swan.

23 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
LOL ...

Jun/Princess: If you want to use them in your gun, though, I'll have to do a lot of testing to make sure you don't blow your hand off.

Trying to remember if Jinpei/Keyop had explosives for his bolos. He might have.

Bwahhh... the condor has a new NERF gun since is cable gun is in for repairs! Its got mini replica's of bird missiles and he's ready. Bring-it-on.

No new posts 01-05-2017 06:56 Ebonyswanne is offline Send an Email to Ebonyswanne Search for Posts by Ebonyswanne Add Ebonyswanne to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Now I have a mental image of poor Dr Nambu, who after he died, was sent to atone for his sins. His spirit is subject to the eternal torment of sitting through endless lectures on real science. With pitchforks, chalk that makes that awful squeaky noise on the blackboard, and those old black and white Open University films. And possibly old re-runs of 'Why is it So?' with Professor Julius Sumner-Miller. (He doesn't get to watch the original series of 'Cosmos' with Carl Sagan, though, because that was actually pretty good.)

LOLOL

And a few trippy rides in a centrifuge with an injury? Smile

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by ChrisW on 01-05-2017 at 21:20.
No new posts 01-05-2017 21:19 ChrisW is offline Send an Email to ChrisW Search for Posts by ChrisW Add ChrisW to your Buddy List
ElectricWhite ElectricWhite is a Female
Gatchamaniac

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 29-12-2011

spacer

quote:
quote:

LOLOL

And a few trippy rides in a centrifuge with an injury? Smile

...While reading a large-print version of Gray's Anatomy open to the appropriate section?

No new posts 01-05-2017 22:39 ElectricWhite is offline Send an Email to ElectricWhite Search for Posts by ElectricWhite Add ElectricWhite to your Buddy List
Members browsing this thread: none
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: