Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Gatchaman Library] »Gatchaman » Question about Corporations/Businesses in Gatch
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Question about Corporations/Businesses in Gatch
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Springie Springie is a Female
Her Royal Fluffiness...Swan of Swans...

I am a Swan.

6 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 12-06-2006

spacer
Question about Corporations/Businesses in Gatch Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Ok, I am researching some names on Jason's BOTP site for BOTP...but does anyone have suggestions for businesses/corporations that could sponsor a sporting event in Gatchaman? (for example, the ISO might sponsor Ryu's kickboxing match and have a logo posted on the side of the ring)

All I can think of is the ISO or the Snack J as sponsors...trying to recall what other comapanies might work...

There is no problem that cannot be solved with time, patience, and a judicious amount of high explosives.

No new posts 03-01-2017 03:54 Springie is offline Send an Email to Springie Homepage of Springie Search for Posts by Springie Add Springie to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Springie MSN Screenname: Springie
GrumpyGhostOwl GrumpyGhostOwl is a Female
Master Boardie

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-12-2016

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

In BotP canon, Quanto Tobor Laboratories built Zark (and presumably Susan) so they probably need all the positive PR they can get.

No new posts 03-01-2017 05:55 GrumpyGhostOwl is offline Send an Email to GrumpyGhostOwl Search for Posts by GrumpyGhostOwl Add GrumpyGhostOwl to your Buddy List
Ebonyswanne Ebonyswanne is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Swan.

23 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 25-04-2007

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

How about Dr Nambu since they guys extremely wealthy could sponsor one of them.
Nambu Science Labs-- saving bird species and other winged people.

No new posts 03-01-2017 06:02 Ebonyswanne is offline Send an Email to Ebonyswanne Search for Posts by Ebonyswanne Add Ebonyswanne to your Buddy List

I am a Swan.

6 fics uploaded

spacer

I thought about quanto tobor... hmmm... I'm thinking this may be easier to do in BOTP than Gatch...

I was also thinking Takahara Industries? Was it Dr Takahara who Ken tried to save in one of the beginning eps? I need to look it up now.

Thanks for those great suggestions, ladies!

There is no problem that cannot be solved with time, patience, and a judicious amount of high explosives.

No new posts 03-01-2017 18:28 Springie is offline Send an Email to Springie Homepage of Springie Search for Posts by Springie Add Springie to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Springie MSN Screenname: Springie
ElectricWhite ElectricWhite is a Female
Gatchamaniac

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 29-12-2011

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Ebonyswanne
How about Dr Nambu since they guys extremely wealthy could sponsor one of them.
Nambu Science Labs-- saving bird species and other winged people.

For some reason the slogan Flighty since 1972 popped in my head.

No new posts 03-01-2017 20:05 ElectricWhite is offline Send an Email to ElectricWhite Search for Posts by ElectricWhite Add ElectricWhite to your Buddy List
tatsunokofan tatsunokofan is a Male
Gatch Guru

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 03-12-2006

spacer

Hi all!

Gatchaman really didn't focus much on specific businesses, at least by name. Most of what we saw were facilities that were run by either the I.S.O. or the U.N., and the people we saw in charge of them were employees of those organizations, not individuals who owned them. As a result, it would be a mistake to assume that Nakahara owned the Oriental Earthquake Institute that he ran in episode #4, or that Dr. Takahara had incorporated himself before he created Uraniumless in episode #3. The same goes for Dr. Nambu making himself a business entity.

The only true business that I can think of by name is the Gilman Concern from episode #86. Run by Martin Gilman (At least until he is killed by Katse), the Gilman Concern has its fingers in everything from toilet paper to missiles, and Gallactor used it to buy up all the Sugare and divert it to Gallactor for their own use.

Another possible business would be the World Beauty Center from episode #74. Gallactor opened this in Utoland as a front for the Cinderella Operation, and the "World" part of the World Beauty Center name could imply that this is part of a larger, global chain of beauty centers. However, it must be remembered that the episode itself does nothing to support or deny this notion, and I mention it here only to give you an option to work with.

On a similar note is the "TYA" behind TYA Stadium from episode #62. No explanation is given for what "TYA" stands for, and it could easily be implied to be the initials of a business that runs (Or has bought naming rights to) the stadium, similar to the way that "TWA" stood for Trans World Airlines.

There are some things in the series that are likely run by larger, unnamed corporations, like the Leisureland Amusement Park (Episode #28), the Monsters baseball team (Episode #63), and the Yahiro Amusement Park (Episode #87), but you could possibly use those entities themselves as potential business names and ignore the corporations that likely own them.

I hope this helps!

James

No new posts 04-01-2017 02:39 tatsunokofan is offline Send an Email to tatsunokofan Search for Posts by tatsunokofan Add tatsunokofan to your Buddy List

I am a Swan.

6 fics uploaded

spacer

Those are fantastic suggestions, James! I will keep them in mind for future reference! Thanks so much!!

I decided for this particular idea to go with BOTP since I was having such a hard time with Gatch businesses...and no wonder...like you said, they didn't focus on individual businesses in their storylines!

Jason's BOTP website gave me some ideas- they're a stretch, but they worked out ok. Stay tuned to see why I was asking this question! Wink

No new posts 04-01-2017 03:21 Springie is offline Send an Email to Springie Homepage of Springie Search for Posts by Springie Add Springie to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Springie MSN Screenname: Springie
Ebonyswanne Ebonyswanne is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Swan.

23 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 25-04-2007

spacer

Why not make some up based on Episodes.

Wrecking ball inc.

I was watching EP 23 today thats what made me think of it. You could really take the mickey outta Galactor/ISO/Mecha captains outfits.

Things like "Mega Captain Fashions"- They place all aspiring leaders in fashion wanting to make a statement flock too.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Ebonyswanne on 04-01-2017 at 10:08.
No new posts 04-01-2017 06:50 Ebonyswanne is offline Send an Email to Ebonyswanne Search for Posts by Ebonyswanne Add Ebonyswanne to your Buddy List
Katblu42 Katblu42 is a Female
Forum God

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 19-10-2016

spacer

The only "brands" or corporate names I remeber from Gatch eps would be things seen in the background. A few adverts in race backgrounds are almost readable - I recall one that looks like a BP shield (complete with lettering) and another sign that almost says Ferodo (I think it actually says Feroo).

There's also the lettering on the plane Joe catches to the Himalayas in one of the final eps - pretty sure it has JAL on the wings - Japan Airlines.

I agreee with those suggesting you'll have more fun making them up!

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Katblu42 on 04-01-2017 at 09:06.
No new posts 04-01-2017 09:05 Katblu42 is offline Send an Email to Katblu42 Search for Posts by Katblu42 Add Katblu42 to your Buddy List
The Other Jason The Other Jason is a Male
Boardie

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 11-08-2010

spacer

Hi Springie,

quote:
Originally posted by Springie
Those are fantastic suggestions, James! I will keep them in mind for future reference! Thanks so much!!

I decided for this particular idea to go with BOTP since I was having such a hard time with Gatch businesses...and no wonder...like you said, they didn't focus on individual businesses in their storylines!

Jason's BOTP website gave me some ideas- they're a stretch, but they worked out ok. Stay tuned to see why I was asking this question! Wink

As with Gatchaman, Battle of the Planets didn't mention a whole lot of businesses. Most names were part of, or associated with, the Federation in one form or another. Others were just referred to in generic terms. You and others had mentioned Quanto-Tobor Labs, where both 7-Zark-7 and Susan were created (episode 92). Plus, 1-Rover-1 was created in Laboratory K-9 (episode 8)

Additionally there was Tomorrow's Woman Cosmetics (episode 74) that was run by Spectra agent Madam Dumane and Disco Dog's (episode 79)
where Tiny thought the best hot chocolate in the galaxy was made (I could use some tonight!). The 3-in-one oil company was mentioned by 7-Zark-7 (episode 21). Although that is a real company and was used in Battle of the Planets against the wishes of the woman in charge of standards and practices.

I'll mention others in later posts if I remember any.

The Other Jason
www.battleoftheplanets.info

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by The Other Jason on 04-01-2017 at 10:11.
No new posts 04-01-2017 10:06 The Other Jason is offline Send an Email to The Other Jason Homepage of The Other Jason Search for Posts by The Other Jason Add The Other Jason to your Buddy List

I am a Swan.

6 fics uploaded

spacer

Ack! It's ep 79 it was Disco Dog's? Where did I get Disco Don's from? I may need to fix s logo...haha!

Oh- you have some great suggestions there, Jason! I used Quanto-ToborLabs, IFPP , Conway, Telecom , Oceanographic Research and Jill's ( Eat at Jill's-haha). I forgot about Tomorrow's Woman, and the Three in One Oil Company would have worked perfectly!

No new posts 04-01-2017 15:26 Springie is offline Send an Email to Springie Homepage of Springie Search for Posts by Springie Add Springie to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Springie MSN Screenname: Springie

I am a Swan.

6 fics uploaded

spacer

Ebony and Katblu, those are great suggestions! I agree, making them up is fun. Katblu- why didn't I think of looking at the backgrounds? Thanks so much for the ideas!

No new posts 04-01-2017 15:29 Springie is offline Send an Email to Springie Homepage of Springie Search for Posts by Springie Add Springie to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Springie MSN Screenname: Springie

I am a Swan.

6 fics uploaded

spacer

Ok- just checked- I got Disco Don's from the episode review...

No new posts 04-01-2017 15:45 Springie is offline Send an Email to Springie Homepage of Springie Search for Posts by Springie Add Springie to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Springie MSN Screenname: Springie
Master Boardie

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

<<FACEPALM!>>

It's taken me this long to realise what I missed.

G-2 drives a Nissan Skyline.

Therefore, Nissan must exist in the Gatchaverse and the BotP-verse.

Also, Nissan dealerships.

Edit: the really embarrassing part? I drive a Nissan. How dumb do I look right now?

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by GrumpyGhostOwl on 13-01-2017 at 13:42.
No new posts 13-01-2017 13:41 GrumpyGhostOwl is offline Send an Email to GrumpyGhostOwl Search for Posts by GrumpyGhostOwl Add GrumpyGhostOwl to your Buddy List
ElectricWhite ElectricWhite is a Female
Gatchamaniac

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 29-12-2011

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by GrumpyGhostOwl
Edit: the really embarrassing part? I drive a Nissan. How dumb do I look right now?

I've seen far, far worse, GGO! Some of those times, I was looking in a mirror.

No new posts 13-01-2017 14:16 ElectricWhite is offline Send an Email to ElectricWhite Search for Posts by ElectricWhite Add ElectricWhite to your Buddy List
ChrisW ChrisW is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 16-01-2012

spacer

LOL ...

So much great info!

No new posts 14-01-2017 20:17 ChrisW is offline Send an Email to ChrisW Search for Posts by ChrisW Add ChrisW to your Buddy List
Master Boardie

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

If you're setting the story in the BotP-verse, I've found another potential company:

Well, I would have, but the site won't display the image. Frown

This post has been edited 3 time(s), it was last edited by GrumpyGhostOwl on 29-01-2017 at 07:21.
No new posts 29-01-2017 00:12 GrumpyGhostOwl is offline Send an Email to GrumpyGhostOwl Search for Posts by GrumpyGhostOwl Add GrumpyGhostOwl to your Buddy List

I am a Swan.

6 fics uploaded

spacer

Nissan would've been great, GhostOwl!
I'm loving "Fukitol", too! That would've been hilarious in the picture! Maybe I need to try another one...

No new posts 29-01-2017 03:34 Springie is offline Send an Email to Springie Homepage of Springie Search for Posts by Springie Add Springie to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Springie MSN Screenname: Springie
Master Boardie

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

I managed to upload the image (the same one that gatchamania.net insists "contains errors") at Crescent Coral:

http://crescentcorallibrary.com/gatchama...ttach=257;image

No new posts 29-01-2017 07:24 GrumpyGhostOwl is offline Send an Email to GrumpyGhostOwl Search for Posts by GrumpyGhostOwl Add GrumpyGhostOwl to your Buddy List
Members browsing this thread: none
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: