Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Gatchaman Library] »Gatchaman II » Gatchaman II Gets North American DVD Release
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): « previous  1  [2]  Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Gatchaman II Gets North American DVD Release
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Katblu42 Katblu42 is a Female
Forum God

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 19-10-2016

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

My copy has been shipped to my friend's US address . . . while he is here in Australia for two weeks! Great timing. I was not expecting them to ship pre-orders until the release date in mid April.

No new posts 25-03-2017 11:31 Katblu42 is offline Send an Email to Katblu42 Search for Posts by Katblu42 Add Katblu42 to your Buddy List
Redbird Redbird is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-08-2013

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Well, my Gatch II set arrived on my doorstep today. It's your standard run-of-the-mill release, in a hard DVD case. No slipcover or anything. The discs aren't stacked but are in those "flipper" things that you well....flip/turn.

One disappointing thing is that there's NO insert. Nothing included with the DVD that has an episode listing or anything. Nada.

Will pop a disc in later to see what the episode translations are like, etc.

No new posts 27-03-2017 21:40 Redbird is offline Search for Posts by Redbird Add Redbird to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

OK I played a bit of some of the discs. The set is labeled Region 1. Everything pretty much looks like it did before, so I don't think anything's been cleaned up. The only subs on the disc is English, (for those who speak Japanese--you are able to disable them.)

The translations seem ok, but I usually tend to like the fan translations better--probably because they know the show/characters better than a translator and get the small nuances of how a character might speak,etc.

One of the episodes I watched was #28, "Love Stolen by a Feather Shuriken". In the beginning, when Joe is being chased by the pack of motorcycles, the translation has him as saying : "I've got no time to be playing with the likes of you"

When he jumps a wall with his car, and they follow him (with one rider wiping out after he clears the wall), Joe says: "Damn persistent little bastards"

After Mako attacks him on her bike, and her helmet falls off (etc), Joe says "I don't know what you're trying to do but you've got the wrong person. Watch it lady"

On the fansub it's translated as: "I don't have time to play with you guys" and "Sheesh stupid kids" and "I don't know who you're after, but I don't think it's me sweetie"

Interesting to see the differences....

No new posts 29-03-2017 22:50 Redbird is offline Search for Posts by Redbird Add Redbird to your Buddy List
tatsunokofan tatsunokofan is a Male
Gatch Guru

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 03-12-2006

spacer

Hi all!

Those of you who haven't bought this set already might be interested to know that DeepDiscount.com is selling it for $43.99, which is 45% off of the $79.88 suggested retail price. On top of that, until Thursday at noon, Central Time, you can get an additional 15% off using the promo code SHOWERS. That lowers the set to just $37.39. With their free shipping, but pesky sales tax added, the set costs $40.38 delivered to your door. If you're interested, their listing for the set can be found here:

http://www.deepdiscount.com/gatchaman-ii/816726022604

Has anyone else found a better price out there?

James

No new posts 19-04-2017 04:02 tatsunokofan is offline Send an Email to tatsunokofan Search for Posts by tatsunokofan Add tatsunokofan to your Buddy List
ChrisW ChrisW is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 16-01-2012

spacer

Looks like they have Fighter too? (as a pre-order anyway)

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by ChrisW on 19-04-2017 at 19:52.
No new posts 19-04-2017 19:52 ChrisW is offline Send an Email to ChrisW Search for Posts by ChrisW Add ChrisW to your Buddy List
tatsunokofan tatsunokofan is a Male
Gatch Guru

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 03-12-2006

spacer

Hi all!

quote:
Originally posted by ChrisW
Looks like they have Fighter too? (as a pre-order anyway)

Yes, they do have it available for preorder. However, from my past experiences with DeepDiscount.com, I know that they are likely to have a greater discount at the time when the set is actually released, as part of their "New Release Deal Grabbers." When that coincides with one of their sales, as this one did, it can be a tremendous bargain.

James

No new posts 21-04-2017 04:00 tatsunokofan is offline Send an Email to tatsunokofan Search for Posts by tatsunokofan Add tatsunokofan to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Good to know!

No new posts 21-04-2017 20:02 ChrisW is offline Send an Email to ChrisW Search for Posts by ChrisW Add ChrisW to your Buddy List
Daniella T Daniella T is a Female
GatchaFreak

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 18-09-2011

spacer

Watching Gatchaman II for the first time -- ever! (I'm more of a BoTP person), and I've got some first comments:

The good bits:

-Joe looks great.

-Sounds a bit strange to hear the team speaking Japanese -- strange but good!

-It's Gatchaman -- lots of new (for me) storylines to explore.

The bad bits:

-WHAT'S WITH THE ROBOT? What's this little robot that's outZarking Zark? Hmmmm?

No new posts 26-05-2017 06:21 Daniella T is offline Send an Email to Daniella T Search for Posts by Daniella T Add Daniella T to your Buddy List
KT1972 KT1972 is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 02-11-2011

spacer

Got my copy today too, and I'm finding it hard to get over the robot's voice!

Zark may have been annoying, but at least he had a normal (pitched) voice.

No new posts 26-05-2017 12:37 KT1972 is offline Send an Email to KT1972 Search for Posts by KT1972 Add KT1972 to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Daniella T
The bad bits:

Honestly, I liked Pimer's purpose (I think I spelled that right). It offered Ryu the chance to leave the ship during missions without giving up their option of a quick get-away.

No new posts 26-05-2017 22:13 ChrisW is offline Send an Email to ChrisW Search for Posts by ChrisW Add ChrisW to your Buddy List
Daniella T Daniella T is a Female
GatchaFreak

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 18-09-2011

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by ChrisW
quote:
Originally posted by Daniella T
The bad bits:

Honestly, I liked Pimer's purpose (I think I spelled that right). It offered Ryu the chance to leave the ship during missions without giving up their option of a quick get-away.

Aaaaah that's what he does! To be honest, I wasn't paying too much attention to the robot (only to Joe!) and hadn't realised what his job is. So, the good thing is, we will see more of Ruy Smile

No new posts 27-05-2017 14:05 Daniella T is offline Send an Email to Daniella T Search for Posts by Daniella T Add Daniella T to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Daniella T I wasn't paying too much attention to the robot (only to Joe!)

We totally understand, DT! Tongue

No new posts 27-05-2017 15:59 Redbird is offline Search for Posts by Redbird Add Redbird to your Buddy List
« previous  1  [2]  --> Members browsing this thread: none Pages (2): « previous  1  [2] 
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: