Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Gatchaman Library] »Gatchaman Chat » Were There Moments That Scared You As a Child?
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Were There Moments That Scared You As a Child?
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
tatsunokofan tatsunokofan is a Male
Gatch Guru

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 03-12-2006

spacer
Were There Moments That Scared You As a Child? Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Hi all!

When you were a wee tot first watching the series, were there any times that the show that left you scared? Please share with us those traumatizing moments. We're all just glad that they didn't scare you away from the series forever!

James

No new posts 06-09-2016 02:46 tatsunokofan is offline Send an Email to tatsunokofan Search for Posts by tatsunokofan Add tatsunokofan to your Buddy List
KT1972 KT1972 is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 02-11-2011

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

This is an easy one for me.

The Fierce Flowers part 1. i could tolerate the thought of any of the guys being in mortal danger, but Princess was different, especially when they kept us waiting until the next episode to find out if she was rescued or not! (I don't know why though) Of course I couldn't not watch the next part because I needed to know she was safe.

No new posts 06-09-2016 06:45 KT1972 is offline Send an Email to KT1972 Search for Posts by KT1972 Add KT1972 to your Buddy List
msannomalley msannomalley is a Female
Forum God

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 05-05-2014

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

I can't say that I remember anything from the show that truly terrified me, but there are a things I remember that creeped me out.

Like KT mentioned, the Jigokillers/Fierce Flowers were creepy. I think for me it was the idea of flowers that could eat people.

The Mecha Budda kind of creeped me out as a kid. I think it was because one of the four faces on it was smiling as it was stomping around and destroying everything.

No new posts 06-09-2016 12:29 msannomalley is offline Send an Email to msannomalley Homepage of msannomalley Search for Posts by msannomalley Add msannomalley to your Buddy List
Transmute Jun Transmute Jun is a Female
Queen of the Bird Missiles

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2007

spacer

I don't recall ever being scared, as in frightened, but I do recall thinking on a couple of occasions that one of the characters had died, and feeling upset about it for the instant before they revealed the fact that no, they were actually alive. Wink

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Transmute Jun on 06-09-2016 at 13:39.
No new posts 06-09-2016 13:38 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
ElectricWhite ElectricWhite is a Female
Gatchamaniac

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 29-12-2011

spacer

For me, it was whenever that damned cockroach mecha was on screen! I've always had a phobia of those nasty bugs, and I still go through hell when I try to watch that ep., even though it gets destroyed in the end!

No new posts 06-09-2016 16:55 ElectricWhite is offline Send an Email to ElectricWhite Search for Posts by ElectricWhite Add ElectricWhite to your Buddy List
Becky Rock Becky Rock is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 16-04-2009

spacer

I was too old but I did find the Jigokiller episodes disturbing, that they would actually risk burning Jun/Princess alive.

No new posts 06-09-2016 17:52 Becky Rock is offline Send an Email to Becky Rock Search for Posts by Becky Rock Add Becky Rock to your Buddy List
ChrisW ChrisW is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 16-01-2012

spacer

Y'all have much better memories than I do. Smile Nothing particular stands out for me, but given the way I'd rush home from the bus so I wouldn't miss anything, I'm sure that I was on the edge of my seat!

No new posts 06-09-2016 19:58 ChrisW is offline Send an Email to ChrisW Search for Posts by ChrisW Add ChrisW to your Buddy List
Springie Springie is a Female
Her Royal Fluffiness...Swan of Swans...

I am a Swan.

6 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 12-06-2006

spacer

I was scared for Princess when the flowers ate her, and worried that she was going to die. However, the mech that scared me the most was the giant mummy that deteriorated in 2 stages... *shudder*

There is no problem that cannot be solved with time, patience, and a judicious amount of high explosives.

No new posts 06-09-2016 21:46 Springie is offline Send an Email to Springie Homepage of Springie Search for Posts by Springie Add Springie to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Springie MSN Screenname: Springie

I am a Swan.

6 fics uploaded

spacer

This was followed closely by the neon giant and that weird music...

...and Lava Jesus...

...and mecha Buddha...

...so basically all of the "giant humanoid figures" freaked me out...but in a good way. I liked being scared to a point (does that make any sense?) I liked "Sesame Street" for the same reasons (remember those freaky acid-trip cartoons? )

There is no problem that cannot be solved with time, patience, and a judicious amount of high explosives.

No new posts 06-09-2016 21:49 Springie is offline Send an Email to Springie Homepage of Springie Search for Posts by Springie Add Springie to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Springie MSN Screenname: Springie

I am a Swan.

6 fics uploaded

spacer

Also, the episode with the newlyweds who were kidnapped and turned into "robots" freaked me out, too. The robot-rocket-kidnapping stewardess was freaky!

No new posts 06-09-2016 21:51 Springie is offline Send an Email to Springie Homepage of Springie Search for Posts by Springie Add Springie to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Springie MSN Screenname: Springie
ChrisW ChrisW is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 16-01-2012

spacer

I think at some level many people like to be scared for entertainment's sake, or we wouldn't have a huge horror/thriller/etc industry. Smile

No new posts 07-09-2016 03:59 ChrisW is offline Send an Email to ChrisW Search for Posts by ChrisW Add ChrisW to your Buddy List
RIgirl RIgirl is a Female
Babbling Loonie

I am a Red Squadron.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 12-04-2010

spacer

I was pretty okay with all of the mechas and such, but the one scene that disturbed me more than most was the one in the "Perilous Pleasure Cruise" when the grandfather grabbed and bomb and blew himself up. To this day, I'm still surprised that managed to get by the BOTP "everything's okay" police.

I mean, even Orion was okay in the end (even though they seemed to leave him there, but that's a different problem ...lol).

No new posts 26-09-2016 00:04 RIgirl is offline Send an Email to RIgirl Search for Posts by RIgirl Add RIgirl to your Buddy List
Members browsing this thread: none
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: