Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Fun Forums] »The World on the Web » If the election goes wrong
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page If the election goes wrong
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
ElectricWhite ElectricWhite is a Female
Gatchamaniac

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 29-12-2011

spacer
If the election goes wrong Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

The U.S. Presidential election is getting closer every day! Lots of folks have said that they'll move to Canada if their candidate doesn't win. Well, the friendly folks of IFHT have produced something to help those people adjust.....

https://youtu.be/cPX3lEIS4bo

Don'cha think that was awfully nice of them, eh?

No new posts 05-07-2016 12:13 ElectricWhite is offline Send an Email to ElectricWhite Search for Posts by ElectricWhite Add ElectricWhite to your Buddy List
Daniella T Daniella T is a Female
GatchaFreak

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 18-09-2011

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Is it people from both sides who say they will move to Canada if their man/woman doesn't win?

No new posts 05-07-2016 17:43 Daniella T is offline Send an Email to Daniella T Search for Posts by Daniella T Add Daniella T to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

0 fics uploaded

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Yeah, but a lot more of Clinton's supporters say it. (I'd estimate at least 5 Clinton supporters to every Trump.)

No new posts 05-07-2016 19:23 ElectricWhite is offline Send an Email to ElectricWhite Search for Posts by ElectricWhite Add ElectricWhite to your Buddy List
ChrisW ChrisW is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 16-01-2012

spacer

DT: I've seen US conservatives say they'll move to Canada, and it makes me roll my eyes (I'm a dual citizen US and Canadian living in Canada). Canada is pretty much the antithesis of what they often believe in. We've got universal healthcare, strong gun control, etc. Tongue Part of it though is just the "you think it's that easy to just up and move to another country?" Smile

No new posts 05-07-2016 19:27 ChrisW is offline Send an Email to ChrisW Search for Posts by ChrisW Add ChrisW to your Buddy List
msannomalley msannomalley is a Female
Forum God

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 05-05-2014

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by ChrisW
DT: I've seen US conservatives say they'll move to Canada, and it makes me roll my eyes (I'm a dual citizen US and Canadian living in Canada). Canada is pretty much the antithesis of what they often believe in. We've got universal healthcare, strong gun control, etc. Tongue Part of it though is just the "you think it's that easy to just up and move to another country?" Smile

There is a part of me that wonders how they would react when they see that everything is in both English and French, and not just English. Smile

No new posts 05-07-2016 20:03 msannomalley is offline Send an Email to msannomalley Homepage of msannomalley Search for Posts by msannomalley Add msannomalley to your Buddy List
Becky Rock Becky Rock is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 16-04-2009

spacer

So many in the past 25 years have said that, particularly in Hollywood, yet none of them have moved. It's all hot air.

I'd like to see Canada say "No thanks. Fix your country and keep us out of it."

No new posts 05-07-2016 22:47 Becky Rock is offline Send an Email to Becky Rock Search for Posts by Becky Rock Add Becky Rock to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

That too!

No new posts 05-07-2016 22:48 ChrisW is offline Send an Email to ChrisW Search for Posts by ChrisW Add ChrisW to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Becky Rock
I'd like to see Canada say "No thanks. Fix your country and keep us out of it."

They do send back US soldiers who claim to be "conscientious objectors"; unlike the Vietnam War, today's American military is 100% volunteer, so today's soldiers can't use Canada to break their contracts.

BTW, has anybody clicked on the link?

No new posts 06-07-2016 00:59 ElectricWhite is offline Send an Email to ElectricWhite Search for Posts by ElectricWhite Add ElectricWhite to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Yes, I'd already seen that video. It's very cute, eh. Smile

No new posts 06-07-2016 01:19 ChrisW is offline Send an Email to ChrisW Search for Posts by ChrisW Add ChrisW to your Buddy List
GatchaFreak

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

To be honest, guys, if I could, I would also move to Canada: they have the cutest prime minister ever -- don't you, CW? Wink

No new posts 06-07-2016 19:09 Daniella T is offline Send an Email to Daniella T Search for Posts by Daniella T Add Daniella T to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Oh yes, he's a hottie, but that's not why I voted for him. Smile

No new posts 06-07-2016 22:04 ChrisW is offline Send an Email to ChrisW Search for Posts by ChrisW Add ChrisW to your Buddy List
GatchaFreak

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

There's a relevant article on the BBC website today -- but I've forgotten how to add links here.

Anyway, the headline is pretty revealing:

"Bugs and house prices" Smile

No new posts 07-07-2016 19:08 Daniella T is offline Send an Email to Daniella T Search for Posts by Daniella T Add Daniella T to your Buddy List
KT1972 KT1972 is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 02-11-2011

spacer

is this the article, DT?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-36730174

No new posts 07-07-2016 19:22 KT1972 is online Send an Email to KT1972 Search for Posts by KT1972 Add KT1972 to your Buddy List
GatchaFreak

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Yes!

Thank you KT!

No new posts 07-07-2016 19:36 Daniella T is offline Send an Email to Daniella T Search for Posts by Daniella T Add Daniella T to your Buddy List
KT1972 KT1972 is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 02-11-2011

spacer

You're welcome, DT.

I wasn't sure because it wasn't the same headline, but it was the only article from the BBC I found when I googled "Bugs and House Prices".

No new posts 07-07-2016 19:41 KT1972 is online Send an Email to KT1972 Search for Posts by KT1972 Add KT1972 to your Buddy List
Members browsing this thread: none
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: