Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Gatchaman Library] »Gatchaman Chat » Gatchaman Cameos in Nurse Witch Komugi-chan R
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Gatchaman Cameos in Nurse Witch Komugi-chan R
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
tatsunokofan tatsunokofan is a Male
Gatch Guru

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 03-12-2006

spacer
Gatchaman Cameos in Nurse Witch Komugi-chan R Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Hi all,

The final episode of Tatsunoko's recently ended comedy series "Nurse Witch Komugi-chan R" included cameos from dozens of characters from the studio's history, with characters from Gatchaman getting quite a lot of exposure. If you'd like to check the episode out, it can be found online for viewing, with English subtitles, on the Crunchyroll website. The direct link to that specific episode is here:

http://www.crunchyroll.com/nurse-witch-k...cceeds-r-691763

Surprisingly, many of the Gatchaman characters who turn up are not those you would expect. Along with some of the Gatchaman "big names," a plethora of Gatchaman guest characters also appeared. I won't say who, as not to spoil the surprises, just have fun picking them out of the crowds!

James

No new posts 22-05-2016 03:21 tatsunokofan is offline Send an Email to tatsunokofan Search for Posts by tatsunokofan Add tatsunokofan to your Buddy List
ChrisW ChrisW is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 16-01-2012

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Thanks! Will have to check that out. Smile

No new posts 22-05-2016 20:29 ChrisW is offline Send an Email to ChrisW Search for Posts by ChrisW Add ChrisW to your Buddy List
Springie Springie is a Female
Her Royal Fluffiness...Swan of Swans...

I am a Swan.

6 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 12-06-2006

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

That was too funny! Lots of obscure references! I'm not sure that I found them all! Thanks so much for sharing that!

There is no problem that cannot be solved with time, patience, and a judicious amount of high explosives.

No new posts 22-05-2016 21:37 Springie is offline Send an Email to Springie Homepage of Springie Search for Posts by Springie Add Springie to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Springie MSN Screenname: Springie
msannomalley msannomalley is a Female
Forum God

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 05-05-2014

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Springie
That was too funny! Lots of obscure references! I'm not sure that I found them all! Thanks so much for sharing that!

I would probably have to watch it again to catch them all, too.

No new posts 22-05-2016 23:10 msannomalley is offline Send an Email to msannomalley Homepage of msannomalley Search for Posts by msannomalley Add msannomalley to your Buddy List
Transmute Jun Transmute Jun is a Female
Queen of the Bird Missiles

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2007

spacer

Thanks for posting this link, James! It is much appreciated!

No new posts 24-05-2016 13:02 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
Gatch Guru

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Hi all

Okay, it's been a week since I posted the link to the episode, so I figure that's plenty of time to give people to watch it without feeling like I'd be spoiling anything. So, here are the Gatchaman characters that I spotted in the episode. The big names first:

Dr. Nambu

Joe

Red Impulse, along with Seiji and Ryu's Father

Seiji is Ryu's little brother and Ryu's Father is, well, Ryu's father. They both appeared in Gatchaman #'s 26 and 75, as well as Gatchaman II #30.

Dr. Raphael, along with Hawk Getz

Hawk Getz was to be Joe's replacement on the Science Ninja Team, but he was killed and replaced by a Gallactor spy. He appeared in Gatchaman II #'s 1, 2, and 28.

Berg Katse, along with two Gallactor Members

Egobossler and Gel Sadra, along with a trio of Gallactor Members

And then we have a few guest characters who appeared in only one episode:

Dr. Henjinman and Devil Star 2

Dr. Henjinman was the creator of the cyborg horses in Gatchaman #21. Devil Star 2 tried to assassinate Dr. Nambu, and was later killed by Joe in Gatchaman #31. She was later revealed to be Father Alan's fiancee.

Father Alan and a bunch of Gallactor Members

Speaking of Father Alan, here he is. He was Joe's childhood friend from Gatchaman #81. The Gallactor Members have been appearing since Gatchaman #1.

Dr. Ogawara and Nakamora

Dr. Ogawara and Nakamora appeared in Gatchaman #59. Dr. Ogawara was the Gallactor Mechanical Designer who crafted numerous Iron Beasts. Nakamora was his assistant.

Anyone spot any Gatchaman characters I missed? There were plenty of characters from other Tatsunoko shows, including Gold Lightan, Itadakiman, Casshan, Space Ace, Muteking, Zendaman, and more, but I've concentrated only on the Gatchaman characters here.

One other bit from the episode that I did enjoy was this one:

I'm sure many of you recognized the statue as being based on the "Partners" statue of Walt Disney and Mickey Mouse that can be found at Disneyland, Disney World, and other Disney theme parks. The pair in this statue is Tatsuo Yoshida, Tatsunoko's first company president and the creator of Gatchaman, and Space Ace, the star or Tatsunoko's first TV series. I certainly wouldn't mind visiting a "Tatsunokoland" theme park with a statue like this in it!

James

This post has been edited 3 time(s), it was last edited by tatsunokofan on 29-05-2016 at 00:18.
No new posts 29-05-2016 00:13 tatsunokofan is offline Send an Email to tatsunokofan Search for Posts by tatsunokofan Add tatsunokofan to your Buddy List
ElectricWhite ElectricWhite is a Female
Gatchamaniac

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 29-12-2011

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by tatsunokofan
Okay, it's been a week since I posted the link to the episode, so I figure that's plenty of time to give people to watch it without feeling like I'd be spoiling anything.

Cussing Hey, now, you ruined it for me! Sorry, I just couldn't resist, especially after being reminded of the time I ruined Titanic for my niece and her friends by telling them the boat sank near the end!

No new posts 29-05-2016 01:11 ElectricWhite is offline Send an Email to ElectricWhite Search for Posts by ElectricWhite Add ElectricWhite to your Buddy List
RIgirl RIgirl is a Female
Babbling Loonie

I am a Red Squadron.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 12-04-2010

spacer

Given the state of my (suddenly old) laptop, I thank you very much for posting the screen shots -- it's the only way I would have been able to see them! Nice to see that, for a dead guy, RI is still getting around these days! Winknudge

No new posts 29-05-2016 01:50 RIgirl is offline Send an Email to RIgirl Search for Posts by RIgirl Add RIgirl to your Buddy List
ChrisW ChrisW is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 16-01-2012

spacer

I had to replace my aging laptop so was finally able to watch the video, just in time before seeing the screenshots. Smile I don't think I noticed anyone else! The rows of goons cracked me up. Smile

No new posts 29-05-2016 02:41 ChrisW is offline Send an Email to ChrisW Search for Posts by ChrisW Add ChrisW to your Buddy List
Transmute Jun Transmute Jun is a Female
Queen of the Bird Missiles

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2007

spacer

It was great seeing the Gatchaman characters, but I feel like I killed a bunch of brain cells watching that show.... Hiding 2

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Transmute Jun on 29-05-2016 at 03:26.
No new posts 29-05-2016 03:25 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
Gatch Guru

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Hi all!

I only promised that you'd see Gatchaman characters in the episode, not that your brain wouldn't turn into a puddle of goo in the process...

James

No new posts 29-05-2016 04:53 tatsunokofan is offline Send an Email to tatsunokofan Search for Posts by tatsunokofan Add tatsunokofan to your Buddy List
ElectricWhite ElectricWhite is a Female
Gatchamaniac

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 29-12-2011

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Transmute Jun
It was great seeing the Gatchaman characters, but I feel like I killed a bunch of brain cells watching that show.... Hiding 2

quote:
Originally posted by tatsunokofan
I only promised that you'd see Gatchaman characters in the episode, not that your brain wouldn't turn into a puddle of goo in the process...

I wasn't aware that there was anybody 'round here whose brain has been left intact! Drool2

No new posts 29-05-2016 04:59 ElectricWhite is offline Send an Email to ElectricWhite Search for Posts by ElectricWhite Add ElectricWhite to your Buddy List
Springie Springie is a Female
Her Royal Fluffiness...Swan of Swans...

I am a Swan.

6 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 12-06-2006

spacer

Thanks, James- you caught so many more than I did! I didn't realize the 2nd "Joe" was Hawk Getz! Also, the two Drs- Ogawara and Nakamora- didn't register with me when I watched. I loved the "Tatsunokoland" part at the end, but wanted to see some Gatch characters sprinkled in there - guess they thought they had put in enough Gatch at that point...

There is no problem that cannot be solved with time, patience, and a judicious amount of high explosives.

No new posts 29-05-2016 05:06 Springie is offline Send an Email to Springie Homepage of Springie Search for Posts by Springie Add Springie to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Springie MSN Screenname: Springie
Members browsing this thread: none
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: