Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Speak Up!] »Introductions » Hello~~
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (4): « first ...  « previous  2  3  [4]  Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Hello~~
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Becky Rock Becky Rock is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 16-04-2009

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Thank you for sharing your experiences with us, Rachel. I've never heard of many of the things you've told us. We have very different societies.

No new posts 06-04-2014 19:11 Becky Rock is offline Send an Email to Becky Rock Search for Posts by Becky Rock Add Becky Rock to your Buddy List
jublke
Forum Legend

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 24-10-2009

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Rachel, your experiences of school punishments sound very harsh (hard and severe) to me. When I went to Catholic school (I am 45), there were lots of rules about school uniforms, but no one was beaten or had their underwear checked. My best friend did wear fingernail polish to school one day in 7th or 8th grade (she was about 13), and the nuns sent her to the bathroom to chip all of the polish off by hand. That was about as severe as punishments were. You might get yelled at or your parents got yelled at, but no one got bruised. Catholic school today still has lots of rules about length of hair and how much jewelry you can wear and how short the girls' skirts are. You don't see much of this in U.S. public schools.

No new posts 06-04-2014 22:32 jublke is offline Send an Email to jublke Homepage of jublke Search for Posts by jublke Add jublke to your Buddy List
ChrisW ChrisW is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 16-01-2012

spacer

My father went to Catholic school as a kid and was beaten there. I think in the US it's a generation thing, our parents endured it and then it got better.

I love learning about different countries, Rachel, I read all of your posts with great interest! It certainly can be very hard to avoid supporting people/causes/companies you feel are wrong. There always seem to be companies owned by companies owned by companies so it's difficult to be sure. We can only do the best we can, and I think there is great value in using our wallets to avoid sending money into such people's pockets. Your efforts are not in vain even if it is exhausting at times. Real, meaningful change takes time and vigilance.

No new posts 07-04-2014 00:14 ChrisW is offline Send an Email to ChrisW Search for Posts by ChrisW Add ChrisW to your Buddy List
E.D. Darling E.D. Darling is a Female
Boardie

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 16-04-2014

spacer

Hi Rachel! Welcome! Your English is really good!

No new posts 20-04-2014 02:13 E.D. Darling is offline Send an Email to E.D. Darling Search for Posts by E.D. Darling Add E.D. Darling to your Buddy List
« first ...  « previous  2  3  [4]  --> Members browsing this thread: none Pages (4): « first ...  « previous  2  3  [4] 
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: