Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Speak Up!] »Introductions » Hello from Condor Joe!
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (4): « first ...  « previous  2  3  [4]  Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Hello from Condor Joe!
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
gatchamarie gatchamarie is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 18-06-2009

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

A warm welcome from Malta, Brian! It's an honour to have you here! You're not just an amazing voice actor but I see that you're also ultra-talented in other creative areas!

I must say that my story regarding Gatchaman is the other way round from that of many of you others! Being Maltese, I've spent my whole childhood watching anime, even all of those that you've mentioned, on Italian channels, since we only had one national channel in the 70's and I think all of the 80's! On this one national channel, I've come across only a very few episodes of BotP, in English, but then I was completely hooked up by all the original series, including Gatchaman, other Italian channels offered!

To be honest, even at a very tender age, I couldn't stand Zark, at all, and really couldn't understand his role, nor the cheesy conversations between Zark, Mark and Princess at the end of the episodes! So, when I discovered the real Gatchaman just after having only watched a few BotP episodes, I couldn't but totally fall in love with the real thing! And, I have also had the great fortune of having been able to watch all three Gatchaman series, one after the other, in a language I've learnt to learn so quickly! By the age of 8 I could talk Italian as if I were talking in my own, native language! How could I not when I have had that luxury?! :p

Having said the above, and maybe having given you the impression of not knowing your work, I assure you that I know you oh so well, through the English version of the Condor! It was only when I've found and joined this site, a few years ago, hence refreshing my love towards this series, that I was tempted to watch episodes in the English language! And, please believe me when I tell you that you make a terrifically awesome Joe, especially when it comes from someone who has grown up listening to another version of Joe like me and didn't know anything other!

Many thanks for your detailed explanations regarding your lovely job and thanks also to all of the others for the awesome links and tips!

No new posts 01-03-2014 16:05 gatchamarie is offline Send an Email to gatchamarie Search for Posts by gatchamarie Add gatchamarie to your Buddy List
BrianJepson BrianJepson is a Male
Former Lurker

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 21-02-2014

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by gatchamarie

Having said the above, and maybe having given you the impression of not knowing your work, I assure you that I know you oh so well, through the English version of the Condor! It was only when I've found and joined this site, a few years ago, hence refreshing my love towards this series, that I was tempted to watch episodes in the English language! And, please believe me when I tell you that you make a terrifically awesome Joe, especially when it comes from someone who has grown up listening to another version of Joe like me and didn't know anything other!

Wow! Thanks for the excellent compliment. I really appreciate it. Living in a place like Malta sounds so, exotic and interesting to me and I must admit that I know nothing of your country. It's incredible to me that something I am involved in can be spread across the world and watched and enjoyed by people everywhere. I lose sight of that when I'm just in a recording booth and then am done with it and moved on to the next thing. These wonderful shows live on far beyond me and my own experience and connect us all. Wonderful. The fact that this show has been around for so long and is remembered by us all from childhood is also a special, unique thing. There are so many Animé titles out there, but this one is a classic.

No new posts 03-03-2014 18:15 BrianJepson is offline Send an Email to BrianJepson Search for Posts by BrianJepson Add BrianJepson to your Buddy List
gatchamarie gatchamarie is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 18-06-2009

spacer

You are more than welcome, Brian! Believe me ... I am not kidding when I say that you're awesome! Smile

Just a little description of my country, trying not to annoy you! Don't worry ... many do not know so much about us as Malta is just a tiny speck in the Mediterranean Sea, its population only juggling around the quarter of a million ... so small that it's almost invisible on the map, but with a history dating way back thousands and thousands of years! Our heritage is based on different cultures, as is our language, since our island had been ruled by different civilisations during both the ancient and the recent past, mostly because of its strategic, geographical position! It was only in 1979 that we finally acquired full reign of our own country! We're always striving to reach modern standards, embracing uses of bigger countries and collaborating with such, whilst trying to keep alive old traditions as much as possible! Speaking for myself, and I think for many others of my nationality, we sometimes feel small, but we surely try to let our voice be heard!! Our weather can surely be described as exotic, marked with very hot summers and cold winters, and always with a high level of dreaded humidity! But, albeit the scorching heat of summer, this surely is my favourite season, as there's nothing compared to those relaxing days at the sea, this last one reachable in less than an hour from every point of our island, since we're surrounded by it and the area of our main island, Malta, is only 245.7 sq km!

I can understand what you mean when you're saying, "I lose sight of that when I'm just in a recording booth and then am done with it and moved on to the next thing."! That's why it's really remarkable, as you yourself are saying, how such a series could bring so many different people from different countries together, across the globe, reminding us that we're all the same and have many similarities, at the end! It's awesome how such a fandom can bring people living so far away from each other to become friends on the same level!

And, I also agree that Gatchaman is a classic amongst many others! I've seen many during my childhood, but this one is the one which surpasses most, if not all, it also being the trampoline in style for other anime following it!

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by gatchamarie on 03-03-2014 at 20:37.
No new posts 03-03-2014 20:35 gatchamarie is offline Send an Email to gatchamarie Search for Posts by gatchamarie Add gatchamarie to your Buddy List
Firebird
Princess Firebird..... Goddess of Swannie Fics

I am a Swan.

63 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 01-07-2002

spacer

Hello Brian and a welcome from the UK!

Like many here have said, I too started with BOTP and then found Gatch.

I want to thank you (and all the other talented voiceover artists) You gave characters we love the little extra dimension they needed to bring them to live and that gift is what keeps shows like this alive.

We hope you enjoy the sometimes insanity but full time love we as fans express for the show here and thank you again for taking the time to join us kissing

No new posts 04-03-2014 05:50 Firebird is offline Send an Email to Firebird Search for Posts by Firebird Add Firebird to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: Taishala YIM Screenname: taishala
msannomalley msannomalley is a Female
Forum God

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 05-05-2014

spacer
Thumb Up! Hello, Back Atcha! Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Hello from South Dakota, home of Mount Rushmore, the model of the sculpture that gave us Lava Jesus! My real name is Kathy and I live in Sioux Falls.

I'm another one of those People of a Certain Age who discovered this show back in the 1970s when it was called Battle of the Planets and I'd have to rush home from school in time to catch it.

I love the voice-over work you did on the DVD set. I think one of my favorite things about the English dub is how it seemed that so many of you were having a blast working on it and it showed in the episodes.

I will have to check out your You Tube channel some time. Shades

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by msannomalley on 05-05-2014 at 18:03.
No new posts 05-05-2014 17:55 msannomalley is offline Send an Email to msannomalley Homepage of msannomalley Search for Posts by msannomalley Add msannomalley to your Buddy List
The Other Jason The Other Jason is a Male
Boardie

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 11-08-2010

spacer
RE: Hello from Condor Joe! Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by BrianJepson
Hi everybody, this is Brian Jepson, the guy that did the voice of Joe Asakura for the entire series of Gatchaman as released by ADV a few years ago. Well, I happened to be searching for info about the release of the Gatchaman OAV's when I came across this little hotbed of Gatchaman fans! Once I found it, I knew that I had to register, if only to say hello.

Hi Brian,

Welcome! I'm a little late to the party but it's great to see you here. Though we never met, I worked on your version of Gatchaman too. I was employed by Sandy Frank, the rightsholder at the time to help manage all things Gatchaman and Battle of the Planets in most of the world.

I worked with Sarah and others at ADV and had some direct input to the lines you read, so I hope you don't remember anything too outrageous!

I think you all did great jobs and imparted just the right moods in the episodes. I never thought we'd see a fresh translation of Gatchaman after G-Force, so I was really glad when ADV picked it up and wanted to do all the work.

It's wonderful to hear you enjoyed Battle of the Planets way back when and cool to know you were aware of the characters going in. Jason/Joe has always been my favorite!

Hope to see you around the boards,

Jason

www.battleoftheplanets.info

No new posts 16-05-2014 01:57 The Other Jason is offline Send an Email to The Other Jason Homepage of The Other Jason Search for Posts by The Other Jason Add The Other Jason to your Buddy List
JohngPR JohngPR is a Male
Exalted Member

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 07-02-2010

spacer

Hey Brian! Greetings from Florida. Just want to say that I really enjoyed your work on Gatchaman and I'm looking forward to hearing the new dub for the OVAs. I recently bought the series on Bluray and am slowly but surely going through all the episodes.

I originally saw the series back in the 80s when I was a little kid living in Puerto Rico (along with Mazinger, Speed Racer, and Astoboy) and but got properly introduced to the series when it aired in the 90s as G-Force.

No new posts 18-08-2014 03:01 JohngPR is offline Send an Email to JohngPR Homepage of JohngPR Search for Posts by JohngPR Add JohngPR to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: JohngPR
« first ...  « previous  2  3  [4]  --> Members browsing this thread: none Pages (4): « first ...  « previous  2  3  [4] 
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: