Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Gatchaman Library] »Gatchaman Fighter » Seizo Kato
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Seizo Kato
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
tatsunokofan tatsunokofan is a Male
Gatch Guru

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 03-12-2006

spacer
Seizo Kato Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Hi all!

I’ve some sad news to share; voice actor Seizo Kato has passed away. Mr. Kato was the voice of Sosai Z in Gatchaman Fighter. He died on January 17th from bladder cancer. He was 86 years old.

Mr. Kato was born in Tokyo on February 14, 1927. A long-time veteran voice actor, Mr. Kato began working in anime in 1965 as the voice of Totto, a black leopard in “Jungle Emperor” (Better known as “Kimba, the White Lion” over here). His breakout role came in 1968 when he was cast as Ittetsu Hoshi, the stern father of Hyuuma Hoshi in the classic baseball series “Star of the Giants.” Mr. Kato is also well known for having voiced Galvatron and Megatron in the early Transformers TV series.

Mr. Kato made his first appearance in the world of Gatchaman during the run of “Gatchaman II,” when he played the role of Old Man Rocco in episode #10 of that series.

His funeral is scheduled for the morning of Wednesday, January 22nd. His widow, Setsuko Kato, will be the chief mourner at the service.

James

No new posts 19-01-2014 01:57 tatsunokofan is offline Send an Email to tatsunokofan Search for Posts by tatsunokofan Add tatsunokofan to your Buddy List
ChrisW ChrisW is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 16-01-2012

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

He certainly will be remembered.

No new posts 19-01-2014 02:03 ChrisW is offline Send an Email to ChrisW Search for Posts by ChrisW Add ChrisW to your Buddy List
Springie Springie is a Female
Her Royal Fluffiness...Swan of Swans...

I am a Swan.

6 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 12-06-2006

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Such sad news...thanks for letting us know!

There is no problem that cannot be solved with time, patience, and a judicious amount of high explosives.

No new posts 19-01-2014 05:50 Springie is offline Send an Email to Springie Homepage of Springie Search for Posts by Springie Add Springie to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Springie MSN Screenname: Springie
gatchamarie gatchamarie is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 18-06-2009

spacer

I echo the others in thanking you for letting us know, James! On hearing you mentioning all those series, which have so many childhood memories connected to them and in which he took part, nostalgia is kicking in! Yes ... he will be remembered!

No new posts 19-01-2014 11:00 gatchamarie is offline Send an Email to gatchamarie Search for Posts by gatchamarie Add gatchamarie to your Buddy List
RIgirl RIgirl is a Female
Babbling Loonie

I am a Red Squadron.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 12-04-2010

spacer

I'm very sorry to hear of his passing. While I did not know his name, I certainly remember Mr. Kato's voice in "Kimba"! I loved that show growing up -- to this day, I still can't bring myself to watch "The Lion King" because I don't want it to obscure my memory of Kimba. May he rest in peace and know that his work will live on.

No new posts 19-01-2014 20:03 RIgirl is offline Send an Email to RIgirl Search for Posts by RIgirl Add RIgirl to your Buddy List
Becky Rock Becky Rock is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 16-04-2009

spacer

I think a lot of us used to watch Kimba. It's a sad loss.

No new posts 19-01-2014 23:43 Becky Rock is offline Send an Email to Becky Rock Search for Posts by Becky Rock Add Becky Rock to your Buddy List
Members browsing this thread: none
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: