Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Gatchaman Library] »Gatchaman II » Spacesuit uniforms
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Spacesuit uniforms
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
ChrisW ChrisW is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 16-01-2012

spacer
Spacesuit uniforms Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

I can't remember if the spacesuit uniforms first appear in GII or GF, and I can't seem to find any screenshots. Anyone have some on hand?

No new posts 04-01-2014 05:41 ChrisW is offline Send an Email to ChrisW Search for Posts by ChrisW Add ChrisW to your Buddy List
Springie Springie is a Female
Her Royal Fluffiness...Swan of Swans...

I am a Swan.

6 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 12-06-2006

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Chris- I'm not sure if this is the "first" appearance, but a quick glane at TJ's Eagle Riders episode guide showed me that Gatch II- episode 8 (G-II #8: Firebird on the Moon) has Joe in space using Jun's "Swan Rocket".

Here are a couple of shots of Joe:

There is no problem that cannot be solved with time, patience, and a judicious amount of high explosives.

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by Springie on 04-01-2014 at 06:32.
No new posts 04-01-2014 06:25 Springie is offline Send an Email to Springie Homepage of Springie Search for Posts by Springie Add Springie to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Springie MSN Screenname: Springie

I am a Swan.

6 fics uploaded

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Ken wears the space suit in "G-II #44: Fight the Evil Mars Base!" (Thanks again, TJ!)

There is no problem that cannot be solved with time, patience, and a judicious amount of high explosives.

No new posts 04-01-2014 06:31 Springie is offline Send an Email to Springie Homepage of Springie Search for Posts by Springie Add Springie to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Springie MSN Screenname: Springie
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Woo, thanks. Will take a closer look at those episodes. Smile

No new posts 04-01-2014 06:37 ChrisW is offline Send an Email to ChrisW Search for Posts by ChrisW Add ChrisW to your Buddy List

I am a Swan.

6 fics uploaded

spacer

Also, here's a link to her ER Episode Guide:

TJ's ER Episode Guide

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Springie on 04-01-2014 at 06:39.
No new posts 04-01-2014 06:37 Springie is offline Send an Email to Springie Homepage of Springie Search for Posts by Springie Add Springie to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Springie MSN Screenname: Springie
gatchamarie gatchamarie is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 18-06-2009

spacer

Springie is right ... spacesuit uniforms first appeared in GII. Sorry for not having any screenshots at hand to share! This is also a good reminder that I soooo need to refresh my GII memories!!

No new posts 04-01-2014 08:23 gatchamarie is offline Send an Email to gatchamarie Search for Posts by gatchamarie Add gatchamarie to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

I was trying to figure out how I never saw her guides then remembered it's for Eagle Riders, and I haven't searched on that. Smile Thanks for the pointer!

No new posts 04-01-2014 08:34 ChrisW is offline Send an Email to ChrisW Search for Posts by ChrisW Add ChrisW to your Buddy List
tatsunokofan tatsunokofan is a Male
Gatch Guru

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 03-12-2006

spacer

Hi all!

The spacesuits only appeared in a small number of episodes.

In Gatchaman II:

Episode # 8 - Joe wears his
Episode #44 - Ken wears his
Episode #45 - Ken and Joe wear theirs

In Gatchaman Fighter:

Episode #22 - Ken wears his

While only Ken and Joe are seen wearing their spacesuits in the episodes themselves, designs for were done for the entire Ninja Team. Alas, the only time you see Jun, Jinpei, or Ryu in their spacesuits is during the opening credits for Gatchaman II.

James

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by tatsunokofan on 04-01-2014 at 09:05.
No new posts 04-01-2014 09:05 tatsunokofan is offline Send an Email to tatsunokofan Search for Posts by tatsunokofan Add tatsunokofan to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Thanks for the info, James! I did notice their use in the credits when I was looking at eps 8 and 44. Do you know if there are any products/figures/whatever that use those space uniforms? I know there's pictures of them in Gatchaman Graffiti.

No new posts 04-01-2014 09:26 ChrisW is offline Send an Email to ChrisW Search for Posts by ChrisW Add ChrisW to your Buddy List
Transmute Jun Transmute Jun is a Female
Queen of the Bird Missiles

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2007

spacer

It still drives me nuts that you see those suits in the opening credits, but never in the show. Where is that animation from? Is it a list episode! I want to see it! Frown

And I'm glad the ER Guide is coming in handy!

No new posts 04-01-2014 15:37 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
tatsunokofan tatsunokofan is a Male
Gatch Guru

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 03-12-2006

spacer

Hi all!

quote:
Originally posted by ChrisW
Do you know if there are any products/figures/whatever that use those space uniforms? I know there's pictures of them in Gatchaman Graffiti.

Beyond printing some of the model sheets in a few books, there's no merchandise using them in Japan. However, they have turned up on a few items in other countries. For example, South Korea released a series of inexpensive plastic figures, including one of Joe in his spacesuit. Also, an image of Joe in his spacesuit appears on the game board for the U.S. Battle of the Planets game (Gel Sadra's on there too!).

quote:
Originally posted by Transmute Jun
It still drives me nuts that you see those suits in the opening credits, but never in the show. Where is that animation from? Is it a list episode! I want to see it! :(

No, not a lost episode. The animation seen in the opening and closing credits of most anime series is original, created just for those credit sequences, and Gatchaman was no exception. Yes, the second version of the original Gatchaman opening credits used some footage of Gallactor mecha lifted from episodes, but the first opening credits was completely original. The same goes for Gatchaman II and Gatchaman Fighter.

The Gatchaman II opening credits were storyboarded and animated by Masami Suda, who had worked as a Key Animator on many of the better looking episodes of the original Gatchaman series.

James

No new posts 05-01-2014 01:55 tatsunokofan is offline Send an Email to tatsunokofan Search for Posts by tatsunokofan Add tatsunokofan to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

James, it's so awesome to have our very own personal Gatch encyclopedia! I'll have to keep an eye out for those. I'd really love one of Ken in his spacesuit. If I wanted to be very bad I suppose I could get a mould of Joe in a spacesuit, make a resin replica, and paint it as Ken. Of course I wouldn't do that, though. *flutters lashes*

I've seen some interesting custom figures people have done. I just wish people would stop making stuff with the guys so muscled up they wouldn't be able to bend or move like a ninja. What is it with the muscles on top of muscles craze? Smile

No new posts 05-01-2014 02:48 ChrisW is offline Send an Email to ChrisW Search for Posts by ChrisW Add ChrisW to your Buddy List
Transmute Jun Transmute Jun is a Female
Queen of the Bird Missiles

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2007

spacer

Chris, before making a mold, have you looked into using a 3-D printer?

Thanks for the info, James!

No new posts 05-01-2014 05:41 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

I'm well aware of 3D printers. Smile I'd have to digitally build a 3D model from scratch or use a 3D scan of something real. The old school (mould and resin) method can be simpler. Of course there's also carving/sculpting an original then making a mould. I've been wanting to get into trying to sculpt but that requires supplies and equipment I don't have, and I really need to knuckle down and use the supplies I already have before buying new stuff! I always seem to want to move to some new thing.

No new posts 05-01-2014 06:06 ChrisW is offline Send an Email to ChrisW Search for Posts by ChrisW Add ChrisW to your Buddy List
Becky Rock Becky Rock is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 16-04-2009

spacer

I didn't like the spacesuits' helmets and its weird seeing them without their wings. I didn't notice the others in spacesuits in the credits. I'll have to pull out my ER DVDs to take a look.

No new posts 11-01-2014 20:49 Becky Rock is offline Send an Email to Becky Rock Search for Posts by Becky Rock Add Becky Rock to your Buddy List
Members browsing this thread: none
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: