Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Fun Forums] »The World on the Web » Im just grateful there are no kids in my family
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Im just grateful there are no kids in my family
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Tengu
Forum Legend

20 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 22-07-2001

spacer
Im just grateful there are no kids in my family Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

http://deadspin.com/my-kids-insane-christmas-wish-list-annotated-1476311653

This made me laugh a lot.

May Kwampus get them.

No new posts 07-12-2013 15:39 Tengu is offline Send an Email to Tengu Search for Posts by Tengu Add Tengu to your Buddy List
ElectricWhite ElectricWhite is a Female
Gatchamaniac

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 29-12-2011

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Whoa.

The sad thing is this list is a lot like the type my 62-year-old brother would write! Tongue

No new posts 07-12-2013 16:39 ElectricWhite is offline Send an Email to ElectricWhite Search for Posts by ElectricWhite Add ElectricWhite to your Buddy List
Becky Rock Becky Rock is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 16-04-2009

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

And I'm freaking because my son decided to tell us after Black Friday he wants the X-Box One bundle for $700. That's all he wants. So we'll spot him $300 towards it. He can pay the rest from his job. But the problem is finding one of those bundles before Easter.

But that list is cute.

No new posts 07-12-2013 16:50 Becky Rock is offline Send an Email to Becky Rock Search for Posts by Becky Rock Add Becky Rock to your Buddy List
KT1972 KT1972 is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 02-11-2011

spacer

ROFL 2 Oh yeah.... sound so familiar. I'm lucky now my boy is getting older, all he's asking for is the latest (age appropriate) consol games. Only he wants them for the Wii AND 3DS!! if it's Mario or Pokemon, he's happy.

I've already put my foot down to the 2DS and WiiU consoles themselves since he's only has his existing units for 5 minutes, and I'm still scratching my head as to what to do with his now practically obsolete PS2 and gameboy!

No new posts 07-12-2013 16:54 KT1972 is offline Send an Email to KT1972 Search for Posts by KT1972 Add KT1972 to your Buddy List
amethyst amethyst is a Female
Wanted: $1000 Reward

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 15-07-2009

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Becky Rock
And I'm freaking because my son decided to tell us after Black Friday he wants the X-Box One bundle for $700. That's all he wants. So we'll spot him $300 towards it. He can pay the rest from his job. But the problem is finding one of those bundles before Easter.

I'll trade you! My son wants a $1400 Alienware system. I told him I'd give him cash instead of presents for whatever the Christmas budget turns out to be, but he'd have to save up the rest, around getting a passport and paying for a trip to Northern Tier this summer. He seems to think he can do it. (Of course most of the trip will be paid for by money he's earned from the troop's fundraisers.)

No new posts 07-12-2013 21:15 amethyst is offline Send an Email to amethyst Search for Posts by amethyst Add amethyst to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

What is Alienware?

No new posts 07-12-2013 22:52 Becky Rock is offline Send an Email to Becky Rock Search for Posts by Becky Rock Add Becky Rock to your Buddy List
ChrisW ChrisW is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 16-01-2012

spacer

My dog is asking for what she always asks for. "A cow." Smile

I can remember sitting there with the Sears catalog giddily circling things ...

No new posts 08-12-2013 00:01 ChrisW is offline Send an Email to ChrisW Search for Posts by ChrisW Add ChrisW to your Buddy List
Redbird Redbird is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-08-2013

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Becky Rock
What is Alienware?

It's a computer brand (like HP or Dell,etc).

No new posts 08-12-2013 00:07 Redbird is offline Search for Posts by Redbird Add Redbird to your Buddy List
amethyst amethyst is a Female
Wanted: $1000 Reward

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 15-07-2009

spacer

It's a brand of computers (owned by Dell, I believe) that is specifically for gaming.

I don't think he realizes that after he spends all his money on the system, he won't be able to afford the games.

No new posts 08-12-2013 00:17 amethyst is offline Send an Email to amethyst Search for Posts by amethyst Add amethyst to your Buddy List
k2p2 k2p2 is a Female
Babbling Loonie

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 08-12-2011

spacer

My elderly children (17 and 20) are content with stocking stuffers…granted I made them a bit larger than normal stockings.

Daughter is getting a new I-home alarm clock type thing as her old CD player alarm clock is dying. She also found a scarf she liked at the craft show we worked yesterday, and tha Malala biography we saw on John Stewart.

Son who is in college (tuition, tuition, tuition) is getting underwear, he realy wanted that, and a new back pack.

We really scaled things back a number of years ago with the extended family to homemade items, and mostly just buy for the kids that remain (hey I am a grand auntie now)

No new posts 08-12-2013 12:57 k2p2 is offline Send an Email to k2p2 Search for Posts by k2p2 Add k2p2 to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Ame- that's why he wants the bundle, since it comes with a game and extra control, since it might be the last game he get for a while for it.

K2- You know your kid has become an adult when they want underwear for X-Mas.

No new posts 08-12-2013 18:54 Becky Rock is offline Send an Email to Becky Rock Search for Posts by Becky Rock Add Becky Rock to your Buddy List
Members browsing this thread: none
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: