Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Entertainment] »Film Flam » Ten Crazy Things...
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Ten Crazy Things...
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Springie Springie is a Female
Her Royal Fluffiness...Swan of Swans...

I am a Swan.

6 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 12-06-2006

spacer
Ten Crazy Things... Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

I hope everyone on Facebook doesn't mind me sharing this funny little article here...some of you have this link posted there, and I thought those who aren't on Facebook might be interested. It's got some flawed information, but it's entertaining...

Ten Crazy Things from the Original 70s G...n the New Movie

There is no problem that cannot be solved with time, patience, and a judicious amount of high explosives.

No new posts 14-06-2013 22:52 Springie is offline Send an Email to Springie Homepage of Springie Search for Posts by Springie Add Springie to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Springie MSN Screenname: Springie
KT1972 KT1972 is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 02-11-2011

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

I loved what he had to say about Nambu.... Can't wait to see if he does the BotP version, and read what he says about it!

No new posts 14-06-2013 23:00 KT1972 is offline Send an Email to KT1972 Search for Posts by KT1972 Add KT1972 to your Buddy List
Toneman Toneman is a Male
Forum Legend

I am an Eagle.

10 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 25-11-2007

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Absolutely marvelous

Gatch Eagle Gatch

No new posts 14-06-2013 23:41 Toneman is offline Send an Email to Toneman Search for Posts by Toneman Add Toneman to your Buddy List
Transmute Jun Transmute Jun is a Female
Queen of the Bird Missiles

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2007

spacer

LOL! He certainly pointed out some of the most entertaining episodes!

No new posts 15-06-2013 00:44 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
Daniella T Daniella T is a Female
GatchaFreak

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 18-09-2011

spacer

Brilliant, thanks Springie!

Makers of today's anime, take note!

No new posts 15-06-2013 01:04 Daniella T is offline Send an Email to Daniella T Search for Posts by Daniella T Add Daniella T to your Buddy List
Becky Rock Becky Rock is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 16-04-2009

spacer

He's right about the craziness at times.

No new posts 15-06-2013 01:27 Becky Rock is offline Send an Email to Becky Rock Search for Posts by Becky Rock Add Becky Rock to your Buddy List
jublke
Forum Legend

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 24-10-2009

spacer

Springie, I think I missed the flawed information. What did they get wrong? I'm not as familiar with Gatch as I am BotP, so it might have slipped past me. I thought this article was better written than most.

No new posts 16-06-2013 04:10 jublke is offline Send an Email to jublke Homepage of jublke Search for Posts by jublke Add jublke to your Buddy List
lborgia88 lborgia88 is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 27-06-2007

spacer

Hee, great article, Springie -thanks for finding it!

I can see a few things that are a bit flawed...

"menacing interplanetary crime syndicate Galactor"

It's a bit of a stretch to call Galactor interplanetary -but I recall that in Gatch II, they have some sort of installation on Mars, run by Marstora, so not really inaccurate.

"so when the TV series got a sequel, Gatchaman F, a few years later, they had no choice but to bring Joe back - as a solar-powered living bomb!"

Gatchaman II was the sequel, not Gatchaman Fighter. And I don't think there was any indication that Joe was powered by solar energy.

"The queen of the tiny nation of Monarins is enraptured by the exploits of the famed science ninja team, and holds a fashion show to raise money for Gatchaman."

She's a patron/sponsor of the KNT, but I don't think it's ever said that the fashion show is being held specifically to raise money for them -it's just part of a big festival/celebration they have every year.

"Gatchaman is a series fraught with conflict, and no conflict is higher-stakes than the one that arises when the world's supply of sugar is about to be exhausted. The International Science Organization's successful development of an artificial sweetener, shugare (yep, it's pronounced "sugar ray"), seems like a peaceful solution - until Galactor swoops in and seizes the entire supply, the better to create a monopoly. Needless to say, the team has to fight hard to get that shugare back.

Something like seventy episodes later, when the supply dips again, the kid (Jinpei) and the fat guy (Ryu) on the team freak out, because no more sugar means no more candy and cake. Galactor then creates a flying, super-robotic sugar factory for the Gatcha-team to battle, and tubby ol' Ryu does the trick by using a variation on the "sugar in the gas tank" prank, only on a terrifyingly large scale."

I think the author confuses episode 12, the "Ibukron" episode with the cockroach mecha ("a flying, super-robotic sugar factory") that's stealing all the world's sugar cane, with episode 86, "Galactor's Monopoly Operation," which is the one where sugaré is first mentioned, and where the "sugar in the gas tank" prank is used.

No new posts 16-06-2013 04:48 lborgia88 is offline Send an Email to lborgia88 Search for Posts by lborgia88 Add lborgia88 to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: lborgia88
k2p2 k2p2 is a Female
Babbling Loonie

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 08-12-2011

spacer

Awesome article. Had me laughing out loud, and that can be bloody dangerous with a mouthful of hot coffee.

No new posts 16-06-2013 11:48 k2p2 is offline Send an Email to k2p2 Search for Posts by k2p2 Add k2p2 to your Buddy List
UnpublishedWriter UnpublishedWriter is a Female
Gatchamaniac

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 31-08-2009

spacer

I think they were being sarcastic about the episodes involving sweeteners.

Maybe the killer Buddha and Lava Jesus could go on a rampage together.

No new posts 17-06-2013 00:57 UnpublishedWriter is offline Send an Email to UnpublishedWriter Search for Posts by UnpublishedWriter Add UnpublishedWriter to your Buddy List
Toneman Toneman is a Male
Forum Legend

I am an Eagle.

10 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 25-11-2007

spacer

When religious figures attack. On the next Geraldo....

Gatch Eagle Gatch

No new posts 17-06-2013 01:05 Toneman is offline Send an Email to Toneman Search for Posts by Toneman Add Toneman to your Buddy List
Members browsing this thread: none
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: