Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Speak Up!] »The Debating Room » Republican party over democracy?! What the hell!
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Republican party over democracy?! What the hell!
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
AllentownDarkWater AllentownDarkWater is a Male
Banned

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 24-01-2010

spacer
Thumb Down! Republican party over democracy?! What the hell! Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

I cannot believe so many people want Obama out of office and would rather have a lying, sack of **** republican like Ron Paul replace him! The republicans are one of the reasons my country is being rammed into the ground! And the republicans are liars too! They say Obama isn't doing anything for the country. HE'S DOING THE BEST HE CAN. God, it's like they all want him to fix everything all at once! He's not a superhero. He's an ordinary human being just like everyone else on this planet. I guess the end of the world really is coming in 2012, because the majority of the human race is becoming stupider and stupider and stupider as the years go on. It saddens me.

No new posts 04-05-2012 01:58 AllentownDarkWater is offline Search for Posts by AllentownDarkWater Add AllentownDarkWater to your Buddy List
amethyst amethyst is a Female
Wanted: $1000 Reward

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 15-07-2009

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

While I'm not happy with the direction the Republican party has gone over the last few years (I am a recovering Republican without a party; I hold liberal views on too many controversial subjects to stay with them, and too many conservative views to fit with the Democrats), we need to be careful about blaming on party or the other.

I do believe that at present, most Republican politicians would rather court business and corporations and the rich, than common people. But what politician doesn't. The issue is they don't seem to understand the difference between a hand out and a hand up. For example they see Social Security as a hand out, but forget that most people who receive it have paid into it for most of their lives. The money they are receiving is money they have given the government to hold onto until their retirement. (Foolish, yes, but not everyone has 401Ks and other retirement account options).

The Democrats are not much better, they are just better at hiding it at the moment.

Obama has had his hands tied many times thanks to Congress. He is a good president. Is he a great one? Really only time will tell. Breaking the color barrier is a great thing, but not something to judge him as a president. Getting Bin Laden was a great thing, but not necessarily his accomplishment, but something that was accomplished under his command.

Both Bushes had great accomplishments while in office, but neither are considered great presidents.

No new posts 04-05-2012 04:21 amethyst is offline Send an Email to amethyst Search for Posts by amethyst Add amethyst to your Buddy List
UnpublishedWriter UnpublishedWriter is a Female
Gatchamaniac

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 31-08-2009

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

The GOP pandered to the worst of its base. That will backfire in many ways.

Ron Paul doesn't have a chance of being President. He didn't get the GOP nomination, and couldn't of getting it this time around, anyway.

Come November, the people will vote. That means you, me, and the rest of the voting-age public.

No new posts 04-05-2012 04:50 UnpublishedWriter is offline Send an Email to UnpublishedWriter Search for Posts by UnpublishedWriter Add UnpublishedWriter to your Buddy List
Daniella T Daniella T is a Female
GatchaFreak

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 18-09-2011

spacer

Can I butt in here?

Off topic, but we have elections in Greece this Sunday!

Ok, sorry for butting in!

No new posts 04-05-2012 19:35 Daniella T is offline Send an Email to Daniella T Search for Posts by Daniella T Add Daniella T to your Buddy List
jublke
Forum Legend

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 24-10-2009

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Daniella T
Can I butt in here?

Off topic, but we have elections in Greece this Sunday!

Ok, sorry for butting in!

Daniella - are you as frustrated with your elected officials as we seem to be over here in the U.S.? Bash

No new posts 04-05-2012 19:42 jublke is offline Send an Email to jublke Homepage of jublke Search for Posts by jublke Add jublke to your Buddy List
Daniella T Daniella T is a Female
GatchaFreak

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 18-09-2011

spacer

Oh tons, tons more! Argue2

No new posts 04-05-2012 19:51 Daniella T is offline Send an Email to Daniella T Search for Posts by Daniella T Add Daniella T to your Buddy List
KT1972 KT1972 is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 02-11-2011

spacer

don't know about Daniella, or the rest of you, but I certainly am with ours!!!! Wallbash Wallbash Wallbash

No new posts 04-05-2012 19:55 KT1972 is online Send an Email to KT1972 Search for Posts by KT1972 Add KT1972 to your Buddy List
amethyst amethyst is a Female
Wanted: $1000 Reward

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 15-07-2009

spacer

The problem with party politics, politics in general, and representative forms of governments (Republics and Democracies -- note that there are very few true Democracies in the world. The US, for example, is a Republic based on Democratic principles), is that politicians and political parties tend to cater to two types of people: those with money, and those susceptible to mob-mentalities.

Politicians don't want constituents who think for themselves, those who question policies and decisions. They want constituents who are mushrooms. They want people to buy what they are selling and not ask why. They want people who are easily mislead and give in to fear.

A good example of this is look at the world pre-9/11 and the world since. What have we lost in the name of security? Some changes are good, some go to far.

The best political reform we can get, anywhere, is term limits all around. The president of the US is limited to 8 years, yet congress can be a life-time. The US constitution provides for only one life-time appointment: Supreme Court Justice, to keep politics out of the court. Perhaps it is time that we start limiting our Senators and Representatives to 10 to 12 years to keep career politicians to a minimum.

But the other thing we can do is let politicians know that we can think for ourselves and not cave into their fear mongering.

No new posts 04-05-2012 21:41 amethyst is offline Send an Email to amethyst Search for Posts by amethyst Add amethyst to your Buddy List
Members browsing this thread: none
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: