Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Entertainment] »The Music Box » The Monkees, anyone?
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page The Monkees, anyone?
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
AllentownDarkWater AllentownDarkWater is a Male
Banned

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 24-01-2010

spacer
The Monkees, anyone? Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

I haven't really seen the TV show that much I don't think, but I still think The Monkees are great. They made fun songs, and they were also iconic in terms of musical freedom.

No new posts 25-04-2011 03:26 AllentownDarkWater is offline Search for Posts by AllentownDarkWater Add AllentownDarkWater to your Buddy List
amethyst amethyst is a Female
Wanted: $1000 Reward

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 15-07-2009

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Love the Pre-Fab Four!

I own four different versions of "I'm A Believer":

The Monkees original release.

Neil Diamond's version (He wrote the song)

And both Shrek versions

No new posts 25-04-2011 03:36 amethyst is offline Send an Email to amethyst Search for Posts by amethyst Add amethyst to your Buddy List
Springie Springie is a Female
Her Royal Fluffiness...Swan of Swans...

I am a Swan.

6 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 12-06-2006

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

"Here we come, walking down the street, get the funniest looks from, every one we meet...Hey, hey, we're the Monkees!"

I loved them as a teenager...they did a reunion tour when I was in high school, and I went to the concert...I also loved the silly TV shows...good times...

There is no problem that cannot be solved with time, patience, and a judicious amount of high explosives.

No new posts 25-04-2011 09:40 Springie is offline Send an Email to Springie Homepage of Springie Search for Posts by Springie Add Springie to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Springie MSN Screenname: Springie
littlewolf littlewolf is a Female
Forum God

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 10-04-2010

spacer

Daydeam Beleiver and Pleasant Valley Sunshine, got them on my ipod,

Strange as it sound, The Monkeys and the Partridge Family music make house work more interesting

do you remember their walk when they were singing the "here we come" song, ?

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by littlewolf on 25-04-2011 at 12:26.
No new posts 25-04-2011 12:24 littlewolf is offline Send an Email to littlewolf Search for Posts by littlewolf Add littlewolf to your Buddy List
amethyst amethyst is a Female
Wanted: $1000 Reward

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 15-07-2009

spacer

My daughter was Nickelodeon yesterday and just after I posted, Big Time Rush came on and I couldn't help but compare the two shows.

Both were created/formed for TV

Both are comedies which place the groups in ridiculous situations

The Monkees were an actual band, while BTR is just a quartet

At the time of formation two of the Monkees were actual muscians (Peter Tork and Mike Nesmith) and two were actors (Micky Dolenz and Davy Jone); though Micky did eventually learn to play the drums. I don't know if anyone from BTR plays any instrument or if they are all just actors who can sing.

The Monkees are better in my book.
(Okay, yes I'm a total geek!)

No new posts 25-04-2011 17:13 amethyst is offline Send an Email to amethyst Search for Posts by amethyst Add amethyst to your Buddy List
Banned

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Springie
"Here we come, walking down the street, get the funniest looks from, every one we meet...Hey, hey, we're the Monkees!"

I loved them as a teenager...they did a reunion tour when I was in high school, and I went to the concert...I also loved the silly TV shows...good times...

That's really cool! They're doing a 45th anniversary tour this year, but Michael Nesmith isn't joining them. Frown

No new posts 25-04-2011 18:07 AllentownDarkWater is offline Search for Posts by AllentownDarkWater Add AllentownDarkWater to your Buddy List
TheSolarSailor TheSolarSailor is a Male

I am a Galactor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 06-05-2011

spacer

I love the Monkees! My best friend of 30 years now is a huge HUGE fan of theirs and he is responsible for my interest in them. He owns the DVDs of the series and every CD or box set that has come along. He has everything! He has burned me some CDs of my favorite songs, and sometimes we revisit some favorite episodes of the show. It's always good for a laugh. The band really has talent, though they struggled to be recognized for it. They were always seen as being someshat fake, just standins for other people's hard work. Of course, that isn't true.

Funny story from my childhood. My brother had a viewmaster set called "The Monkees". When I looked at it, I didn't see any monkeys, all I saw were some guys with guitars hanging out on a farm. Of course, this viewmaster was an episode of the TV Show. I was so confused. I remember asking mom why there were no monkeys on a viewmaster called "The Monkees"! She told me they were a music group. I was so disappointed. I love that memory!

No new posts 19-05-2011 01:20 TheSolarSailor is offline Send an Email to TheSolarSailor Search for Posts by TheSolarSailor Add TheSolarSailor to your Buddy List
TheSolarSailor TheSolarSailor is a Male

I am a Galactor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 06-05-2011

spacer

quote:
That's really cool! They're doing a 45th anniversary tour this year, but Michael Nesmith isn't joining them. Frown

Will Peter Tork be involved? Last I heard, he was kicked out of the group for reasons I am unsure of.

No new posts 19-05-2011 01:21 TheSolarSailor is offline Send an Email to TheSolarSailor Search for Posts by TheSolarSailor Add TheSolarSailor to your Buddy List
Banned

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Yes, Peter will be there.

No new posts 24-05-2011 21:28 AllentownDarkWater is offline Search for Posts by AllentownDarkWater Add AllentownDarkWater to your Buddy List
Members browsing this thread: none
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: