Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Gatchaman Library] »Gatchaman II » Gatchaman II episode recaps - Episode 11
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Gatchaman II episode recaps - Episode 11
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Crescent_Moon
Exalted Member

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 17-12-2010

spacer
Gatchaman II episode recaps - Episode 11 Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Disclaimer: Gatchaman belongs to Tatsunoko, no infringement is intended.

Screencaps: Reboekah has graciously given me access to Gatchaman II screencaps for inclusion in the recaps, thank you! : )

Episode 11:

The opening scene shows a shipyard with many cranes and a marching band. They're about to launch a new ship. People are having a party as they overlook the scene.

A crow approaches. More crows come (perhaps even a murder of them). The crows' eyes gleam menacingly and one takes off and snatches the glass out of the hand of one of the guests.

Cut to a desert road, a car is broken down on the shoulder. It's Jinpei and Ken. Ken's working on the engine as Jinpei kicks the side of the car in frustration.

A car approaches and Jinpei tries to flag it down. It ignores him and he's not happy. Another car pulls up, this one has a beautiful young woman in it. Jinpei blushes (we don't get to see Ken's reaction, but it looks like he's admiring her when he's in the car). The car takes off with Jinpei in the back and Ken riding shotgun.

For some reason the car stops at the shipyards (maybe they were on their way here?) They get out of the car and find the place deserted, discarded band instruments litter the ground. They explore and the girl comes with them.

Jinpei yells out to attract attention. A man comes out of a door and warns them. A mass of crows comes hurtling over the top of narby buildings. They're under attack. Ken hits a bird but it shrugs the damage off.

Ken shields the woman as they make a mad dash for the safety of a door. Inside they see the party-goers from before. The crows take their frustration out on some nearby gas tanks, blowing them to smithereens.

Jinpei calls out to Ken, the young woman is hurt and unconscious. Cut to the hospital and a well-dressed man who is probably her boyfriend (nope, brother, still an idiot though ; ) is visibly upset.

He seems to blame Ken and Jinpei for the mess. Meanwhile, Sosai X and Gel Sadra are shooting the breeze. They come to some understanding and we cut to G-Town to ominous sounding music.

The crows are mechanical and we see what's left of one on a table. Nambu gives some back-story about Queen's bridge which has been partially destroyed. Apparently Gel Sadra has left a message for the team. The team are not impressed. Nambu orders them to go and the God Phoenix takes off (stock footage)

At the hospital a helicopter is broadcasting something as people scream and moan. Inside we see the woman on the operating table and her boyfriend decides to take some action. We see a clock, he thinks he still has some time (enough to change his clothes apparently) and runs off somewhere.

Out in the desert on a farm, he activates some kind of sensor and a massive underground base opens up (ISO I believe, not Galactor). Inside are what look like dump trucks, lots of them.

He knocks out some of the people who are operating the control room and opens up a secret compartment that contains some unpleasant looking machinery.

Commercial break!

This post has been edited 3 time(s), it was last edited by Crescent_Moon on 24-03-2011 at 07:48.
No new posts 24-03-2011 07:26 Crescent_Moon is offline Send an Email to Crescent_Moon Search for Posts by Crescent_Moon Add Crescent_Moon to your Buddy List
Crescent_Moon
Exalted Member

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Zoom in to the ISO Building where the president and Nambu are discussing something. Nambu mentions the ninja team as a lady interrupts on the view screen. The president looks concerned.

Cut to the base where the boyfriend is stealing one of the trucks. Guards try to cut him off but he blasts past them. They don't seem to be trying too hard to stop him. One of the guards says something like "The fool, what does he think he's doing, this could be really bad.."

Pima mutters something on board the God Phoenix. We get a close up of the truck and its driver and Ken and Jinpei recognise him. There's some discussion, probably along the lines of "We know that guy, he's an idiot but we probably shouldn't kill him".

Ken exits the God Phoenix by jumping off the top using his cloak to make himself more aerodynamic (is it my imagination or does he jump forwards?).

He bursts in through the side door. There's a struggle and the truck careens out of control.

We see a structure up ahead, it looks like this might be what idiot boyfriend is aiming for. Ken punches him and he gets winded. They lose control of the tuck which falls off a bridge , throwing both Ken and boyfriend onto the ground.

The structure up ahead transforms into a Galactor base, Gel Sadra says "Gatchaman!' and the top opens up to release many murders of crows.

The God Phoenix is on its way as the crows congregate. A funny looking shark missile is readied and dropped out the bottom of the God phoenix as the crows approach. The missile has some kind of field around it that attracts the crows (magnetic?) and they stick to it in a big clump.

Unfortunately, more crows approach and they coalesce into a giant crow shaped beast. The God Phoenix survuves the first onslaught but is covered in crows (it kind of looks like a 3-day growth : )

Joe grabs the controls causing the God Phoenix to bank sharply. Ryu and Jinpei fly acrosss the bridge. Joe's aiming at the Galactor base. He tells Jun to ready the missile.

The crows are stripped from the God Phoenix's hull by the strong winds and the shark missile is released straight into the Galactor base. It explodes. Boom! Gel Sadra escapes (I should make that a macro : )

The God Phoenix crash lands but the team survives. Jun is very pleased.

On the ground we see the boyfriend. He's unhurt. Ken goes to talk to him. The boyfriend pulls out a gun and is about to shoot himself in the head. Ken backhands him with his healing hands and says something like "idiot, the base is destroyed."

Back at the hospital he is reunited with the girl (Julia) who awakens. The nurse gives her some flowers. She seems to be in a daze (maybe she's thinking about Ken? ; )

We see the God Phoenix flying off into pastelly clouds as the narrator concludes the story.

Next episode preview:
Some flying contraptions zoom past an installation and destroy it with beam weapons. Ken and Jun take out some goons, we see Dr Raphael and his reunion with Joe.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Crescent_Moon on 24-03-2011 at 07:51.
No new posts 24-03-2011 07:44 Crescent_Moon is offline Send an Email to Crescent_Moon Search for Posts by Crescent_Moon Add Crescent_Moon to your Buddy List
Madilayn Madilayn is a Female
Mistress of Ebil

I am a Swan.

24 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 01-02-2006

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

I love how the crow goes for the glass!!

Crows aren't dumb - probably knew it was doomed and was going to drown its sorrows!!

"When I'm old, I don't want them to say of me, "She's so charming." I want them to say, "Be careful, I think she's armed." -G. Stoddart

No new posts 24-03-2011 08:31 Madilayn is offline Send an Email to Madilayn Homepage of Madilayn Search for Posts by Madilayn Add Madilayn to your Buddy List
gatchamarie gatchamarie is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 18-06-2009

spacer

Thanks a lot for another great recap, CM! I'm loving reading your comments!

No new posts 24-03-2011 09:07 gatchamarie is offline Send an Email to gatchamarie Search for Posts by gatchamarie Add gatchamarie to your Buddy List
Transmute Jun Transmute Jun is a Female
Queen of the Bird Missiles

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2007

spacer

Ken seems very protective of Julia... you have to wonder.... Wink But then never followed up on that, of course...

No new posts 24-03-2011 13:10 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
lborgia88 lborgia88 is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 27-06-2007

spacer

Feelings for the Swan aside, he was probably put off by the fact that she's got an over-protective, armed, idiot brother. Laugh1

Lucky for her she didn't meet Joe, though -then she'd have died...

No new posts 25-03-2011 17:51 lborgia88 is offline Send an Email to lborgia88 Search for Posts by lborgia88 Add lborgia88 to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: lborgia88
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by lborgia88

pound pound Oh yes ... she was soooo lucky!!

No new posts 25-03-2011 19:30 gatchamarie is offline Send an Email to gatchamarie Search for Posts by gatchamarie Add gatchamarie to your Buddy List
Crescent_Moon
Exalted Member

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:

Hahaha, poor Joe : ) It looks like no one gets to be happy in this show! Either they don't get who they want (Ken, Jun, Jinpei, Ryu, any of Ken's romantic interests) or their potential romantic interests die (Joe, sometimes Ken, sometimes Jun)

No new posts 27-03-2011 00:40 Crescent_Moon is offline Send an Email to Crescent_Moon Search for Posts by Crescent_Moon Add Crescent_Moon to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Crescent_Moon
quote:

Hahaha, poor Joe : ) It looks like no one gets to be happy in this show! Either they don't get who they want (Ken, Jun, Jinpei, Ryu, any of Ken's romantic interests) or their potential romantic interests die (Joe, sometimes Ken, sometimes Jun)

We can say that, at least, there's a reason for Ken's and Jun's unfortunate failure of any of their individual romantic relationships throughout all the series as we know they were meant to be for each other, even if I may be speaking for myself!Wink But, we also know that any hero could be distracted with any long-term relationship going on so any love interest has to be stopped, in any way possible!

No new posts 27-03-2011 08:16 gatchamarie is offline Send an Email to gatchamarie Search for Posts by gatchamarie Add gatchamarie to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Sometimes I wish the writers hadn't been quite so keen to eliminate "love interests" before the end of each episode though. Poor Joe, he had barely 23 minutes between meeting a girl and watching her die. A two-parter at least would have allowed for a fuller storyline.

No new posts 27-03-2011 15:59 lborgia88 is offline Send an Email to lborgia88 Search for Posts by lborgia88 Add lborgia88 to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: lborgia88

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

spacer

True... Joe could have benefited from a 2-part love interest storyline! Although, you could claim that occurred with Dr. Pandora... Puke2

No new posts 27-03-2011 16:36 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Transmute Jun
Although, you could claim that occurred with Dr. Pandora...

I know I like to think she doesn't really count as a "love interest" (though maybe she thought she did), despite the fact that she does die!

Even though Joe tells Ken he dreamed about her in the first ep of Gatch F... Erm1

No new posts 27-03-2011 17:43 lborgia88 is offline Send an Email to lborgia88 Search for Posts by lborgia88 Add lborgia88 to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: lborgia88

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

spacer

Well... Joe finds her attractive, even whistles at her, then has an adversarial (read, emotional) relationship with her. Afetr that, he has something of a mild 'confidant' style relationship with her (she sees him off solo at least once on a mission) and he also accompanies her (and seems close to her) on another mission... not that I think it was intended, but you could make a good case for a cougar-style relationship there.

No new posts 27-03-2011 23:28 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Yeah, I've dabbled on occasion with the idea of trying to write something Joe/Pandora but the inspiration has just never been there. Really, I'm more familiar with her Eagle Riders counterpart, Dr. Aikens! Laugh1

If I recall, Dr. Pandora's supposedly not that much older than Joe (~23?), though I find that pretty unrealistic, as she's supposed to have advanced scientific degrees while somehow also finding time to get married and have a kid!

No new posts 28-03-2011 00:05 lborgia88 is offline Send an Email to lborgia88 Search for Posts by lborgia88 Add lborgia88 to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: lborgia88
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Even though Joe tells Ken he dreamed about her in the first ep of Gatch F... Erm1

Yeah ... and, Ken told him that she had been a really beautiful woman!!

But, continuing with TJ's line of thought, Joe clearly described her as one of the few persons who really understood his situation and helped him to cope with the idea of being a cyborg! This was said in quite a nostalgic way and not that lovingly as when speaking about someone to whom one's attracted! Even Ken spoke in a longing, nostalgic voice ... but then, both of them forgot all about her from the second episode onwards!!Biglaugh1

No new posts 28-03-2011 07:57 gatchamarie is offline Send an Email to gatchamarie Search for Posts by gatchamarie Add gatchamarie to your Buddy List

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

spacer

Well, you know, there was a massive Z pyramid to deal with... I guess it took their minds off of things!

Okay, so who is going to write the Condor/Pandora fic? ROFL 2

No new posts 28-03-2011 13:50 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

If there were English translations out there for more of the second half of Gatch II, maybe then I could more of a feel for Dr. Pandora and what makes her tick and ideas would come to me. As it is, I can't really see Joe Thax/Dr. Aikens, especially as it always seems to me that Joe Thax has more going on with Kelly. Wink1

No new posts 29-03-2011 06:33 lborgia88 is offline Send an Email to lborgia88 Search for Posts by lborgia88 Add lborgia88 to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: lborgia88
Members browsing this thread: none
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: