Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[The Latest News] »Announcements! » Scheduled Maintenance
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Scheduled Maintenance
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Cep Cep is a Male
Board Pirate

I am a Galactor.

Registration Date: 22-01-2004

spacer
Scheduled Maintenance Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

I have had a mail from our host service about planned maintenance which will be carried out tomorrow! (So much for early warning!)

To continue to provide better services to all customers across all of our servers, it is constantly necessary to upgrade server hardware to keep up with the demands of today's applications. Therefore, we will be upgrading the ram (random access memory) on your server on Tuesday March 1st at 10:00PM PST.

So the site will be down temporarily.

Gatchamania.net Administrator Gatch

No new posts 28-02-2011 22:40 Cep is offline Send an Email to Cep Homepage of Cep Search for Posts by Cep Add Cep to your Buddy List Add Cep to your Contact List AIM Screenname: cepeleon
Springie Springie is a Female
Her Royal Fluffiness...Swan of Swans...

I am a Swan.

6 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 12-06-2006

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Thanks for letting us know, Cep! See everyone at our "refuge" site until Gatchamania is back up!

There is no problem that cannot be solved with time, patience, and a judicious amount of high explosives.

No new posts 28-02-2011 22:47 Springie is offline Send an Email to Springie Homepage of Springie Search for Posts by Springie Add Springie to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Springie MSN Screenname: Springie
amethyst amethyst is a Female
Wanted: $1000 Reward

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 15-07-2009

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

If it is just down for a little while, it shouldn't impact too many of us. It will hit in the middle of the night or early morning.

Thanks for the heads up, Cep!

No new posts 28-02-2011 22:57 amethyst is offline Send an Email to amethyst Search for Posts by amethyst Add amethyst to your Buddy List
clouddancer clouddancer is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 10-04-2007

spacer

That is what I was thinking. Mostly it will affect those living in Britain, Malta and our Aussies.
For those of us in NA, we will probably all be asleep.

Thanks for the update Cep. Any idea if it will help the problem I am having with downloading/opening the site pages. These day it seems to be taking much longer than usual. Has anyone else noticed this?

No new posts 28-02-2011 23:04 clouddancer is offline Send an Email to clouddancer Search for Posts by clouddancer Add clouddancer to your Buddy List
Becky Rock Becky Rock is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 16-04-2009

spacer

Thanks Cep!

No new posts 28-02-2011 23:14 Becky Rock is offline Send an Email to Becky Rock Search for Posts by Becky Rock Add Becky Rock to your Buddy List
Transmute Jun Transmute Jun is a Female
Queen of the Bird Missiles

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2007

spacer

At least we know not to freak out if we try to access the site and it's not there! Thanks for letting us know, Cep!

Hopefully this will fix the speed issues the site has been having lately.

No new posts 01-03-2011 02:56 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
gatchamarie gatchamarie is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 18-06-2009

spacer

Thanks for the information, Cep! So far, this didn't affect me at all ... I've been able to access the site at the time I needed!

No new posts 01-03-2011 15:59 gatchamarie is offline Send an Email to gatchamarie Search for Posts by gatchamarie Add gatchamarie to your Buddy List
UnpublishedWriter UnpublishedWriter is a Female
Gatchamaniac

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 31-08-2009

spacer

It's 12:25 pm, EST, Marie. Hasn't happened yet.

Yet.

No new posts 01-03-2011 17:25 UnpublishedWriter is offline Send an Email to UnpublishedWriter Search for Posts by UnpublishedWriter Add UnpublishedWriter to your Buddy List
clouddancer clouddancer is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 10-04-2007

spacer

She is in Malta so I have no idea what time she is on UW. Although I suspect she maybe just waking up or maybe heading into work.

No new posts 01-03-2011 17:33 clouddancer is offline Send an Email to clouddancer Search for Posts by clouddancer Add clouddancer to your Buddy List
amethyst amethyst is a Female
Wanted: $1000 Reward

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 15-07-2009

spacer

Malta is 9 hours ahead of PST and 1 hour ahead of London (according to the world clock online: timeanddate.com/worldclock/), so that would put the down time at around 7 am on March 3.

For those in Australia: the down time will start around 4 pm March 3. Please note, I used Brisbane in the World Clock converter, other time zones will be different.

No new posts 01-03-2011 20:34 amethyst is offline Send an Email to amethyst Search for Posts by amethyst Add amethyst to your Buddy List
Madilayn Madilayn is a Female
Mistress of Ebil

I am a Swan.

24 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 01-02-2006

spacer

In Brisbane it is about 8am on March 3.

"When I'm old, I don't want them to say of me, "She's so charming." I want them to say, "Be careful, I think she's armed." -G. Stoddart

No new posts 01-03-2011 21:09 Madilayn is offline Send an Email to Madilayn Homepage of Madilayn Search for Posts by Madilayn Add Madilayn to your Buddy List
gatchamarie gatchamarie is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 18-06-2009

spacer

Amethyst is right regarding the number of hours Malta is ahead of PST and London! I felt this meaningful difference between Maltese and PST time, and kept it in mind, especially after I've spent the very beginning of the Year 2000 at Las Vegas together with my DH! It was somewhat strange, us doing the countdown when knowing that the New Year had already started nine whole hours earlier back at home! So, no wonder I'd be sleeping when most of you would be up and about, and conversing online, and vice versa!

No new posts 03-03-2011 12:21 gatchamarie is offline Send an Email to gatchamarie Search for Posts by gatchamarie Add gatchamarie to your Buddy List
lborgia88 lborgia88 is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 27-06-2007

spacer

That's something I've always thought was cool about this site and its international membership -no matter what time it is, someone's bound to be here.

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by lborgia88 on 03-03-2011 at 13:13.
No new posts 03-03-2011 13:13 lborgia88 is offline Send an Email to lborgia88 Search for Posts by lborgia88 Add lborgia88 to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: lborgia88
Swan_Jun Swan_Jun is a Male

I am a Swan.

Registration Date: 31-01-2010

spacer
Will Gatchamania Be Down? Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Hey Will Gatchamania Be Down Again?

let Me Know

Jun

BIRD GO!

No I don't Suffer From A Swan Obsession. Being a Swan Is Graceful and beautiful

No new posts 01-04-2011 02:31 Swan_Jun is offline Send an Email to Swan_Jun Search for Posts by Swan_Jun Add Swan_Jun to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: God_phoenix45 YIM Screenname: Shadow_ranger2004 MSN Screenname: Cockatiel_2007
Members browsing this thread: none
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: