Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Entertainment] »The Music Box » Chicago - the band, not the city
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Chicago - the band, not the city
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
AllentownDarkWater AllentownDarkWater is a Male
Banned

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 24-01-2010

spacer
Chicago - the band, not the city Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Chicago has been around since the late 60's. They've released more than 30 albums, they've NEVER broken up, and if you ask me, I think they're only getting better with age, since they've been around for almost 50 years. Some people dismiss them because they made a bunch of ballads, and I can understand that, because alot of their big hits were ballads, but they need to look above and beyond and remember there was more to them than that. They were unique for being one of the first rock bands to incorporate a horns section into their sound. I've been a fan of theirs since 2004. And some of their songs I think are some of the greatest songs of all time.

TRIVIA:Many people think that their song "25 or 6 to 4", which is one of my top 10 favorite songs of theirs BTW, is about drugs, but it's not, it's about a musician trying to write a song within 25 or 6 minutes to 4 in the morning. I think that song is also a good song for race car driving IMO. But we can't forget these either:

Does Anybody Really Know What Time It Is?
Beginnings
Make Me Smile
Saturday In The Part
Dialogue (Part I & II)
Call On Me
Happy Man
Feelin' Stronger Every Day
If You Leave Me Now
No Tell Lover
Street Player (aka their disco song)
Hard To Say I'm Sorry/Get Away
Love Me Tomorrow
Stay The Night
Hard Habit To Break
You're The Inspiration
Will You Still Love Me?
If She Would Have Been Faithful...
I Don't Wanna Live Without Your Love
Look Away
What Kind Of Man Would I Be?
Sleeping In The Middle Of The Bed
Here In My Heart
Feel (the version with the horns, not the version you hear on the radio and at Walgreens)

And some of these songs have also really cheered me up when I've had a bad day a couple of times. That's how powerful their music is. The kind of songs that separate the clouds and bring out the sun. Especially the feel good classics like Does Anybody Really Know What Time It Is?, Make Me Smile, and Saturday In The Park. Call On Me is great too! And the cover for Chicago X is one of my all time favorite album covers. Also, I can't think of any other bands who had the balls to make their first three albums double albums, and their fourth a quadruple album. Pimp2

Rockband

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by AllentownDarkWater on 17-11-2010 at 20:30.
No new posts 17-11-2010 20:28 AllentownDarkWater is offline Search for Posts by AllentownDarkWater Add AllentownDarkWater to your Buddy List
Members browsing this thread: none
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: