Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Entertainment] »Video/PC Games, Models & Toys » Journey Arcade game!
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Journey Arcade game!
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
AllentownDarkWater AllentownDarkWater is a Male
Banned

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 24-01-2010

spacer
Journey Arcade game! Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Now don't tell me you've never heard of Journey. They were one of the most popular bands of the 80's and the late 70's. With hits like Wheel In The Sky, Lights, Any Way You Want It, Don't Stop Believing, Open Arms, Separate Ways (Worlds Apart) and Chain Reaction among others. Well what if I were to tell you that in 1983, Bally Midway made a Journey arcade game? Seriously, they did:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o1Si3TRSmMk&NR=1

This was also the first game to use digitized graphics, which I don't think were ever used again until the late 80's. The game involves the members of the San Francisco rock band needing to recover their stolen instruments. All 5 members have their own stage, and you hear 8-bit versions of Journey songs in the game. After you get all the instruments back, a tape player in the arcade machine will play a looped cassette tape of Journey's hit:Separate Ways (Worlds Apart), and I mean the real song, not an 8-bit version.

Rockband

The cabinet artwork for the game is also based on Journey's album, Frontiers, which I think is their best album. Smile

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by AllentownDarkWater on 16-03-2010 at 13:36.
No new posts 16-03-2010 13:35 AllentownDarkWater is offline Search for Posts by AllentownDarkWater Add AllentownDarkWater to your Buddy List
Transmute Jun Transmute Jun is a Female
Queen of the Bird Missiles

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2007

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

That sounds freaky!!!!! I had no idea they had a game...

No new posts 16-03-2010 13:50 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
amethyst amethyst is a Female
Wanted: $1000 Reward

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 15-07-2009

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Does Father Guido appear in the game just like he did in many of their videos?

No new posts 16-03-2010 20:02 amethyst is offline Send an Email to amethyst Search for Posts by amethyst Add amethyst to your Buddy List
Banned

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by amethyst
Does Father Guido appear in the game just like he did in many of their videos?

I don't think so. Plus I don't even know who he is. By the way, I think it's hilarious how each time you lose a life, the band member you're playing as falls to the bottom of the screen and pounds his fists in disappointment and it plays the last few notes of the chorus to Who's Crying Now. Tongue

No new posts 16-03-2010 20:23 AllentownDarkWater is offline Search for Posts by AllentownDarkWater Add AllentownDarkWater to your Buddy List
Hinotori Hinotori is a Female
Babbling Loonie

I am an Eagle.

2 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 09-10-2007

spacer

Wow... And I thought, back in the day, KISS was the only band to have a game with their name/likeness (pinball machine, not an arcade game). I had no idea Journey had one!!

Though I have to admit that the only song I was able to make out was "Stone in Love". Guess I've lost my ear for 8-bit tracks over the years......

Eagle Condor Swan Swallow Hootie

No new posts 17-03-2010 00:37 Hinotori is offline Send an Email to Hinotori Search for Posts by Hinotori Add Hinotori to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Hinotori72
amethyst amethyst is a Female
Wanted: $1000 Reward

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 15-07-2009

spacer

Thanks Allen. Now I feel old. When I was in high school, when Journey was in their prime, Father Guido was an SNL regular. However, I do have to correct myself, it was not Journey that he appeared in several videos for, it was Jefferson Starship if I'm remembering correctly (which is in doubt since I didn't remember correctly the first time).

No new posts 17-03-2010 00:56 amethyst is offline Send an Email to amethyst Search for Posts by amethyst Add amethyst to your Buddy List
Banned

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Hinotori
Wow... And I thought, back in the day, KISS was the only band to have a game with their name/likeness (pinball machine, not an arcade game). I had no idea Journey had one!!

Though I have to admit that the only song I was able to make out was "Stone in Love". Guess I've lost my ear for 8-bit tracks over the years......

The only ones I've been able to recognize are Lights (introduction and stage select), Don't Stop Believin' (Steve Perry's stage), and Wheel In The Sky (Steve Smith's stage). But I guess that's pretty good since that's most of them.

No new posts 17-03-2010 01:19 AllentownDarkWater is offline Search for Posts by AllentownDarkWater Add AllentownDarkWater to your Buddy List
Members browsing this thread: none
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: