Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Gatchaman Library] »Gatchaman Merchandise, old & new » Let's see your collection!
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Let's see your collection!
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Wonderpants
Former Lurker

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 11-07-2004

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

As you may have guessed, I only have the 6" and 12" Princess figures (despite appearances, I'm not some mad Princess obsessed freak Wink ), although I briefly had the Region 1 volume 1 DVD, and am looking for the Top Cow TPBs.

Some pics are here, if you're interested. I'm planning on customising Princess a bit so she doesn't always have to resort to unarmed combat.

Princess

No new posts 16-07-2004 17:14 Wonderpants is offline Send an Email to Wonderpants Search for Posts by Wonderpants Add Wonderpants to your Buddy List
Berg Katse Berg Katse is a Female
Pleather Goddess

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 06-06-2001

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

My Gatchaman collection is, to say the least, extensive. I've a fair number of the books, all three series on their original Laser Discs (complete with all the extras), the Playstation game and computer software--the OAV game and the U-Print card design program. I've also the 12" figures and the Ken plush. I also have some of the LPs. But the best in the entire collection is the super rare promotional video and literature Sammy put out when trying to sell their Gatchaman pachinko machines.

It'd take me forever to put up images of everything I have, so for now, the words will have to suffice.

Katse

No new posts 16-07-2004 21:24 Berg Katse is offline Send an Email to Berg Katse Homepage of Berg Katse Search for Posts by Berg Katse Add Berg Katse to your Buddy List MSN Screenname: Katse (d9yaa@unb.ca)
Wonderpants
Former Lurker

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Pachinko machines?

No new posts 16-07-2004 21:53 Wonderpants is offline Send an Email to Wonderpants Search for Posts by Wonderpants Add Wonderpants to your Buddy List
Berg Katse Berg Katse is a Female
Pleather Goddess

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 06-06-2001

spacer

They're a video gambling/gaming machine, that functions like a slot machine. You can take a look at it here, and for further exploration, just click any of the four titled bars at the bottom of this page.

You'll see what I mean about how super rare--and super cool--the promotional info is! Big Grin

Katse

No new posts 17-07-2004 01:28 Berg Katse is offline Send an Email to Berg Katse Homepage of Berg Katse Search for Posts by Berg Katse Add Berg Katse to your Buddy List MSN Screenname: Katse (d9yaa@unb.ca)
lyon
Boardie

I am an Eagle.

4 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 06-12-2002

spacer

hmm .. i don't have piles of stuff Gatchaman (my taste in anime is all over the board).

i have the first season on DVD, the OAV on videotape sent to me by another fan, all the main TopCow comics and the b&w manga as well.

oh, one of Alex Ross's posters (mounted and framed) and an Ippei Kurei wall scroll!

a pile of figurines and none of them Gatch because i refuse to pay $30 for a shoddily made piece of plastic. i try and stick to McFarlane where available.

No new posts 17-07-2004 02:11 lyon is offline Send an Email to lyon Homepage of lyon Search for Posts by lyon Add lyon to your Buddy List Add lyon to your Contact List YIM Screenname: tuxedo_lyon
Elvin Ruler Elvin Ruler is a Female
Forum God

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 09-01-2003

spacer

If I could find the original Joe and Ken dolls, and I had the money at the same time (^_^), I'd probably get them. Same with the Jun doll. The BotP versions of the 12" Joe and Ken dolls just don't cut it. The BotP figures don't impress me much, either. The problem with some action figures is that finding ones with good faces and such can be difficult. For example, WP's Princess action figure is probably the best made one I've seen. The ones I've found at comic shops and the like don't seem as well made. *shrugs* Or maybe I'm just really picky. ^_^

I do, however, have all the BotP comics (no cover variations, though), including the manga, volumes 2-4 of the Rhino dvds, the OAV, and pictures I printed off all over my bedroom wall (along with other series, of course).

Edit: I do want to mention that Anime Castle has some great Gatch merchandise, including dvds, wallscrolls, soundtracks, shirts, and more. It's really cool how much this site has.

No new posts 17-07-2004 17:34 Elvin Ruler is offline Send an Email to Elvin Ruler Search for Posts by Elvin Ruler Add Elvin Ruler to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: Elvnruler
Wonderpants
Former Lurker

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Elvin Ruler
If I could find the original Joe and Ken dolls, and I had the money at the same time (^_^), I'd probably get them. Same with the Jun doll. The BotP versions of the 12" Joe and Ken dolls just don't cut it. The BotP figures don't impress me much, either. The problem with some action figures is that finding ones with good faces and such can be difficult. For example, WP's Princess action figure is probably the best made one I've seen. The ones I've found at comic shops and the like don't seem as well made. *shrugs* Or maybe I'm just really picky. ^_^

Yeah, the Mark and Jason 12" figures (I hate calling them dolls) haven't impressed me much. The faces look unrealistic, especially compared to Princess's, the costumes are very badly fitting, and there's some lack of articulation.

And I managed to get the Tiny and Keyop figures tonight so Princess doesn't get lonely, and one of the TPBs. All for £5.25. Smile

No new posts 18-07-2004 21:52 Wonderpants is offline Send an Email to Wonderpants Search for Posts by Wonderpants Add Wonderpants to your Buddy List
stardust stardust is a Female
Boardie

I am a Berg Katse.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 21-05-2004

spacer

quote:

Edit: I do want to mention that Anime Castle has some great Gatch merchandise, including dvds, wallscrolls, soundtracks, shirts, and more. It's really cool how much this site has.

Yes Elvin, thanks for that. I went to the site and found out they are in College Point, which is not far from me at all. I may go check them out in person.

A villain must be a thing of power, handled with delicacy and grace. He must be wicked enough to excite our aversion, strong enough to arouse our fear, human enough to awaken some transient gleam of sympathy. - Agnes Repplier

No new posts 19-07-2004 01:28 stardust is offline Send an Email to stardust Search for Posts by stardust Add stardust to your Buddy List
meridianday meridianday is a Female
Galaxy Girl

I am a Devilstar.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 27-06-2001

spacer

Now seems to be a great time to buy the recent action figures because they're all cut price Wink

The faces on the Mark and Jason action figures are the same as those on the Medicom Ken and Joe - about the only thing that is the same. I thought the faces were pretty good, since they're trying to make a 3d version of cartoon faces not real faces.

I've been collecting since '97, I really should categorise my stuff. I have a lot of the older items, but also lots of videotapes & DVDs. I recently got the DVD version of "la bataille des planetes", which is just as much fun as the french version of Eagle Riders, "la patrouille des aigles" - all the dialogue just sounds so wrong in french Big Grin (just my personal feelings - I'm sure it sounds right to anyone who heard it first in french - but the ER names Kelly, Mickey, Ollie do sound very odd with french pronunciation, and french Mallanox isn't a patch on the american one).

My favourite silly item has to be the magic sandals - how is the kid supposed to see the moving pictures when they're wearing them? I recently saw on Yahoo Japan that there were two different kinds, so now I'm hankering for another pair Wink

Devilstar Mallanox : "My mother was Irish and my father was an alien. I was an only child and I dress funny." Devilstar

No new posts 19-07-2004 06:56 meridianday is offline Send an Email to meridianday Homepage of meridianday Search for Posts by meridianday Add meridianday to your Buddy List
Elvin Ruler Elvin Ruler is a Female
Forum God

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 09-01-2003

spacer

Yeah, I like the faces on them...just not the body swap.

Stardust - Definitely go. Almost all of their stuff is below retail price (some of their dvds aren't as low as I've seen them, but they definitely aren't the highest). Add in the fact that you wouldn't have to pay shipping, and you have a great deal.

No new posts 19-07-2004 13:04 Elvin Ruler is offline Send an Email to Elvin Ruler Search for Posts by Elvin Ruler Add Elvin Ruler to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: Elvnruler
Members browsing this thread: none
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: