Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Gatchaman Library] »Gatchaman Fighter » Questions regarding Gatch F
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Questions regarding Gatch F
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
gatchamarie gatchamarie is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 18-06-2009

spacer
Questions regarding Gatch F Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Can someone please help me in answering the following questions?

1. Was it ever mentioned, or described, in the Gatch F series that the Snack J was destroyed or damaged during the final war?
2. During what season of the year did the final battle take place (i.e. last episodes of Gatch F)?
3. What was the last base called (i.e. the base from which they took off to destroy Sosai Z and where Kamo was monitoring their final mission)?

Thank you beforehand for any answers to my questions and sorry for bothering you! Even the slightest hint would be helpful as memories from my childhood are not very clear and no episode that I own of Gatch F includes the above. The screencaps and writeups regarding Gatch F that I found on the web did not help either ... maybe I need to do more searching!

No new posts 06-09-2009 16:54 gatchamarie is offline Send an Email to gatchamarie Search for Posts by gatchamarie Add gatchamarie to your Buddy List
Transmute Jun Transmute Jun is a Female
Queen of the Bird Missiles

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2007

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

The Snack J is seen in the first episode of Gatch F, but not after that. I don't believe it was officially mentioned that it was destroyed, but I could be wrong.

I don't think they specified a season for the final battle, but then, they never really did at any time in any of the series, to my memory (unless you count the misnamed 'Christmas presents' episode).

The last base (which was destroyed before the final battle with Sosai Z) was called the Gatchaman Base. I don't know where they took off from for the final battle with Z.

James, of course, will be able to give you better answers, but hopefully these will tide you over until he logs on. Wink

No new posts 06-09-2009 17:24 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
amyltrer amyltrer is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Egoblosser.

4 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 02-12-2006

spacer
RE: Questions regarding Gatch F Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by gatchamarie
Can someone please help me in answering the following questions?

1. Was it ever mentioned, or described, in the Gatch F series that the Snack J was destroyed or damaged during the final war?!

No, as much as I've seen, there was no hint of the Snack J being damaged or destroyed. I don't know about being closed, since the dubs were in corean.
I suppose there was no one to take care of it, since the team was confined at the mountain base for the rest of F series.

quote:

2. During what season of the year did the final battle take place (i.e. last episodes of Gatch F)?

Final battle (eps 47 & 4Cool took place on Arctic (there was a lot of snow and icebergs) so I guess it's winter.
They battled Gallcator all around the globe before so the climate differed from episode to episde.

quote:
3. What was the last base called (i.e. the base from which they took off to destroy Sosai Z and where Kamo was monitoring their final mission)?

balloon2 No idea. However from the last two eps I got the feeling it either in Utoland, near the ruins of ISO headquarters or close to it! James might know the correct answers.

quote:
The screencaps and writeups regarding Gatch F that I found on the web did not help either ... maybe I need to do more searching!

Headache Heh, tell me about it!

No new posts 06-09-2009 17:49 amyltrer is offline Send an Email to amyltrer Search for Posts by amyltrer Add amyltrer to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: amyltrer MSN Screenname: amyltrer@hotmail.com
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer
RE: Questions regarding Gatch F Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Thanks guys! I think that so far I share your same knowledge and ITA with you about your theories!

Amy, I can take into account that it was winter but you were also right in saying that they battled all around the globe and that the weather and seasons might have differed taking this into account.

I have faith that James will help me, in some way or another, with the knowledge that the questions I asked could somewhat be a bit vague as maybe the things that I referred to where not specified at all in the series (just as TJ said regarding seasons!). Thanks again Hug

No new posts 06-09-2009 19:37 gatchamarie is offline Send an Email to gatchamarie Search for Posts by gatchamarie Add gatchamarie to your Buddy List
tatsunokofan tatsunokofan is a Male
Gatch Guru

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 03-12-2006

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Hi all!

Well, these have been partially answered, but here goes anyway.

1. As has been pointed out, the Snack Jun did make an appearance in Gatchaman Fighter #1, but that was the only time it appeared throughout the third series. Interestingly, the design used for it was different than the way it looked in Gatchaman II. Tatsunoko did do model sheets and color art establishment for the interior and exterior of the place, so it seems likely that they had intended for it to appear more than the one time, but the way the series went pretty much eliminated any scenes of the Ninja Team members relaxing in their civilian lives.

Anyway, here's what the place looked like:

The exterior;

The interior;

What happened to the Snack Jun after the first episode is never said. If it was located in New Jork City (Which seems likely, considering that it didn't seem as though anyone had to travel far to get to the I.S.O. Headquarters in the first episode), it could very well have been destroyed or damaged during any of the numerous disasters and attacks that befell the city during the series, but its final fate was never specified.

2. This question has come up before, and the answer is that they never specified what season it was when the series ended. They showed various climates in different episodes, but this was related mostly to the different locations they were at than a specific season. Besides, depending on what hemisphere they were in, it would be the opposite season from what was happening in the other hemisphere, and since the series was more global than regional, the seasons weren't a major concern.

3. That would be the Space Center. It wasn't really a base in the same sense that Crescent Coral Reef, G-Town, and Gatchaman Base were. It was more or less a convenient location to use for what they needed, which was a place to launch into space.

I hope this helps!

James

No new posts 07-09-2009 01:11 tatsunokofan is offline Send an Email to tatsunokofan Search for Posts by tatsunokofan Add tatsunokofan to your Buddy List
Ebonyswanne Ebonyswanne is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Swan.

23 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 25-04-2007

spacer

Good pictures James, I haven't seen those ones before.

I had it destroyed in a ficcie! Thats the benefit of things like that, great for fanfiction to fill in the gaps.

The very last scene was left open with a huge graceful fire bird leaving the exploding satellite that circled the Earth and Kamo making a speech basically saying the war was over.

No new posts 07-09-2009 01:35 Ebonyswanne is offline Send an Email to Ebonyswanne Search for Posts by Ebonyswanne Add Ebonyswanne to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Thanks a lot, James! It helped more than you can imagine! Those pics of Snack Jun are so detailed and, obviously, you're right about the Space Center! With your aid I finally can put my mind to rest about my uncertainties regarding the final ISO premises ... I was worried that my translations from the Italian language could have been inaccurate, but this one matches perfectly as it was also called "Centro Spaziale" in Italian which is translated as "Space Center" literally speaking!

Ebony, you're right in saying that it's a benefit that gaps were left in order for fic writers to fill them up! I just wanted to make sure that the questions I asked were truely gaps and not part of my absentmindedness!

No new posts 07-09-2009 10:33 gatchamarie is offline Send an Email to gatchamarie Search for Posts by gatchamarie Add gatchamarie to your Buddy List
Ebonyswanne Ebonyswanne is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Swan.

23 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 25-04-2007

spacer

Thats fine, i still feel like I'm learning about the series when people ask questions. I always find out something new or something I haven't thought about in ages. Which is a good thing! It keeps me interested.

No new posts 07-09-2009 11:21 Ebonyswanne is offline Send an Email to Ebonyswanne Search for Posts by Ebonyswanne Add Ebonyswanne to your Buddy List
gatchgirl
Babbling Loonie

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 08-03-2006

spacer

James, your info and wealth of piccs are certainly a blessing to the rest of us.

Ebony, and Gatchamarie I too like the idea that fanfics fill in some of the missing spaces, but also like you, I tend to wonder how much is related to Gatch cannon. Not that I tend to write in that form. Eek3

Ebony, going with the comment about different parts of the world experiencing different seasons, my B/H and I got into a friendly disagreement about that last night... thanks to you and Maddy I won! Biglaugh3

Racer by day, Feather Thrower all the time!

No new posts 07-09-2009 15:52 gatchgirl is offline Send an Email to gatchgirl Search for Posts by gatchgirl Add gatchgirl to your Buddy List
clouddancer clouddancer is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 10-04-2007

spacer

Thank you for those pics James. They are something new that I have never seen before, but then I have not had the pleasure of watching much Gatch F, so what can I expect.

No new posts 07-09-2009 17:10 clouddancer is offline Send an Email to clouddancer Search for Posts by clouddancer Add clouddancer to your Buddy List
Members browsing this thread: none
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: