Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Entertainment] »Comics & Manga » Say It Isn't So!
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Say It Isn't So!
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Hinotori Hinotori is a Female
Babbling Loonie

I am an Eagle.

2 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 09-10-2007

spacer
Say It Isn't So! Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

First Saban, then the American licensing rights to Studio Ghibli, now Marvel???

My condolences to all the Marvel fans out there....

Disney Buys Marvel

Eagle Condor Swan Swallow Hootie

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Hinotori on 31-08-2009 at 23:23.
No new posts 31-08-2009 23:23 Hinotori is offline Send an Email to Hinotori Search for Posts by Hinotori Add Hinotori to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Hinotori72
Transmute Jun Transmute Jun is a Female
Queen of the Bird Missiles

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2007

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Interesting... But Disney tends to now how to leave a good property alone. But I'd bet we're likely to see Marvel attractions at he Disney Resorts, and Marvel cross-branding.

No new posts 01-09-2009 00:45 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
gatchgirl
Babbling Loonie

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 08-03-2006

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Disney with Marvel now..... hopefully they don't do to it, what they did to the name G-Force.

Racer by day, Feather Thrower all the time!

No new posts 01-09-2009 18:02 gatchgirl is offline Send an Email to gatchgirl Search for Posts by gatchgirl Add gatchgirl to your Buddy List
tatsunokofan tatsunokofan is a Male
Gatch Guru

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 03-12-2006

spacer

Hi all!

I wouldn't be too worried about it. As has been pointed out, Disney does tend to leave a good property alone. Besides, this is hardly the first time Disney has bought out another company. They bought Capitol Cities/ABC/ESPN back in 1995, Fox Family (And with it Saban) in 2001, the Muppets in 2004, and Pixar in 2005. With how many of those have you been horrified with the results? Heck, with most of them, you probably never even noticed a change. Marvel will probably be the same.

Okay, we'll probably see some Marvel characters turn up in some of the Disney parks at some point, but they will likely integrate them fairly well. They've done this already with Star Wars, Indiana Jones, Pixar characters, and even a little with the Power Rangers, so it's not like they don't have experience in that area.

So, really, in the grand scheme of things, I don't see what the big deal is.

Of far more interest to the subject of this list, I do wonder what, if any, effect this will have on the agreement made between Takara-Tomy and Marvel Entertainment to create animated productions using both Marvel characters and Tatsunoko characters like Gatchaman and Yatterman. Will these still go forward as planned, or will this end up cancelling that deal? If they are made, does that mean we might see Tatsunoko characters appearing along with Marvel characters in Disney parks? This could be interesting...

James

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by tatsunokofan on 01-09-2009 at 18:43.
No new posts 01-09-2009 18:34 tatsunokofan is offline Send an Email to tatsunokofan Search for Posts by tatsunokofan Add tatsunokofan to your Buddy List
Transmute Jun Transmute Jun is a Female
Queen of the Bird Missiles

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2007

spacer

James, you certainly dream big! ROFL 2

No new posts 01-09-2009 19:18 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
Gatch Guru

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Hi all!

quote:
James, you certainly dream big!

Well, depending on whether the Tatsunoko-Marvel collaborations even go through now, and if they're successful enough, it could happen. To be fair, it would be more likely to happen at Tokyo Disneyland than our own domestic prks, but it could happen.

James

No new posts 01-09-2009 19:56 tatsunokofan is offline Send an Email to tatsunokofan Search for Posts by tatsunokofan Add tatsunokofan to your Buddy List
Cain Highwind Cain Highwind is a Male
Exalted Member

I am a Swallow.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 13-11-2008

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by tatsunokofan
Hi all!

I wouldn't be too worried about it. As has been pointed out, Disney does tend to leave a good property alone. Besides, this is hardly the first time Disney has bought out another company. They bought Capitol Cities/ABC/ESPN back in 1995, Fox Family (And with it Saban) in 2001, the Muppets in 2004, and Pixar in 2005. With how many of those have you been horrified with the results? Heck, with most of them, you probably never even noticed a change. Marvel will probably be the same.

Okay, we'll probably see some Marvel characters turn up in some of the Disney parks at some point, but they will likely integrate them fairly well. They've done this already with Star Wars, Indiana Jones, Pixar characters, and even a little with the Power Rangers, so it's not like they don't have experience in that area.

So, really, in the grand scheme of things, I don't see what the big deal is.

Of far more interest to the subject of this list, I do wonder what, if any, effect this will have on the agreement made between Takara-Tomy and Marvel Entertainment to create animated productions using both Marvel characters and Tatsunoko characters like Gatchaman and Yatterman. Will these still go forward as planned, or will this end up cancelling that deal? If they are made, does that mean we might see Tatsunoko characters appearing along with Marvel characters in Disney parks? This could be interesting...

James
Sums up my thoughts exactly. I'm surprised how many people are joking and fearing Marvel comics getting censored all of a sudden.

As far as licensing deals, it's been said that current deals in the works will stay on track, but that's been for movies and video games. And hearing from Greg Weisman, it seems the TV rights for Spiderman have reverted from Sony back to Marvel (movie rights are still Sony).

As far as upcoming movie go, there's been discussion that Disney influence may affect upcoming adaptations (No let's not spend 150 million on this series; How about we make this more PG than PG-13)

Marvel stuff at Disneyland would be cool for sure!

No new posts 01-09-2009 21:14 Cain Highwind is offline Send an Email to Cain Highwind Search for Posts by Cain Highwind Add Cain Highwind to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: Cain Sakazaki YIM Screenname: mog1138 MSN Screenname: mog1138@yahoo.com
Hinotori Hinotori is a Female
Babbling Loonie

I am an Eagle.

2 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 09-10-2007

spacer

It'll be interesting to see what happens with Disney and the idea of integrating some of the Marvel characters into their parks, though I don't think that would happen for a long long time. Universal currently has the licensing rights, and has the "Marvel Superhero Island" at their Islands of Adventure theme park in Orlando, Florida. I find the dynamic of that interesting, since Universal is the direct competition of Disney (at least in Orlando).

Eagle Condor Swan Swallow Hootie

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Hinotori on 02-09-2009 at 22:26.
No new posts 02-09-2009 22:26 Hinotori is offline Send an Email to Hinotori Search for Posts by Hinotori Add Hinotori to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Hinotori72
Gatch Guru

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Hi all!

Don't forget, while the Marvel Superhero Island wil likely be unaffected by the purchase (And you can be sure the the lawyers for both Disney and Universal are checking this thoroughly), this will probably prevent Universal from adding any Marvel-themed rides to their other parks. Conversely, while the Marvel Superhero Island will probably prevent Disney from adding Marvel characters to any great degree to their Florida parks, there's probably nothing to prevent them from adding the characters to their non-Florida parks. Once the purchase is approved by Marvel shareholders and the FTC, of course.

James

No new posts 02-09-2009 22:52 tatsunokofan is offline Send an Email to tatsunokofan Search for Posts by tatsunokofan Add tatsunokofan to your Buddy List
Metaliant Metaliant is a Male
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 06-06-2005

spacer

I have been thinking about this today at work and I think Disney might do spoofs of the Marval comics with some of their Disney charactors.

Dsiney's Fantastic Four -

Mickey Mouse as Mr Fantastic
Minnie Mouse as The Invisble Woman
Chip 'n' Dale as The Torch and The Thing

Dareduck (Daredevil) -

Donald Duck as a blind lawyer fighting crime.

X-Dwarfs -

Snow White as Professor X type charactor
The 7 Dwarfs as X-Men type charactors

Plutovine (Wolveine) -

Captain Disneyland (Captain America) -

Goofy

The Incredible Tinkerhulk -

Tinkerbell from Peter Pan cartoon and don't make her angry or mention Wendy because you won't like it when she's angry

Also starring Captain Hook as Capatin "Thunderbolt" Hook (General "Thunderbolt" Ross charactor)

Iron Duck (Iron Man) -

Scrooge McDuck

No new posts 09-09-2009 19:58 Metaliant is offline Send an Email to Metaliant Homepage of Metaliant Search for Posts by Metaliant Add Metaliant to your Buddy List MSN Screenname: The Legend
Gatch Guru

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Hi all!

They likely will do something like that at some point, once the notion of Disney and Marvel being together has settled in with people. They might not go as far as full-blown parodies of the characters, but I can easily see Disney characters in Marvel hero costumes appearing, at least as merchandise. Already in the parks, you can find items with Mickey as Indiana Jones or Luke Skywalker, Minnie as Leia, Goofy as Darth Vader, and Stitch as Yoda. I would be amazed if they don't do the same with Marvel.

James

No new posts 09-09-2009 20:38 tatsunokofan is offline Send an Email to tatsunokofan Search for Posts by tatsunokofan Add tatsunokofan to your Buddy List
Members browsing this thread: none
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: