Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Speak Up!] »Episode of the Week » Gatchaman episode 10: "The Great Underground Monster War"
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (3): « previous  1  2  [3]  Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Gatchaman episode 10: "The Great Underground Monster War"
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
amethyst amethyst is a Female
Wanted: $1000 Reward

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 15-07-2009

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Candi, thanks for adding GoS for us! I love seeing the similarities and differences between all three shows. I'm being to think if I had seen GoS after seing the original, I might not have been as harsh as I was with it when I first saw it (mostly due to what I've read from your reviews). When I first saw it I was so upset that it was not BotP that I didn't give it much chance, particularly with the characters (they just weren't familiiar).

No new posts 18-06-2010 23:08 amethyst is offline Send an Email to amethyst Search for Posts by amethyst Add amethyst to your Buddy List
condorcandi condorcandi is a Female
Gatchamaniac

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-06-2010

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Aww, thanks! Smile

One thing I'm noticing, now that I've read the reviews of the Gatch eps, is that in some cases the GoS writers stuck very close to the Gatch scripts -and sometimes they deviated course, to varying degrees. Sometimes this is funny, interesting, or fills a bit into a plot hole -and sometimes I wish they would have left well enough alone. Esp. when the corn meter starts rising.

Hollywood is a land of money and cowardice.

-Henry A. Lee, Cracked.com columnist

No new posts 18-06-2010 23:18 condorcandi is offline Search for Posts by condorcandi Add condorcandi to your Buddy List
amethyst amethyst is a Female
Wanted: $1000 Reward

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 15-07-2009

spacer

Yeah, that's my biggest issue with the ADV dubs. I think the voice actors did a good job, but as the actors and writers got more comfortble they began to add more 70's slang (a la BotP) which in moderation worked; however, they let themselves get carried away with it to the point that it weakened the story and the acting.

No new posts 18-06-2010 23:32 amethyst is offline Send an Email to amethyst Search for Posts by amethyst Add amethyst to your Buddy List
Transmute Jun Transmute Jun is a Female
Queen of the Bird Missiles

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2007

spacer

Great recap, Candi! I agree, it makes a lot more sense, reading it right next to the Gatch ep. ANd I love the way Dirk exclaims that Aggie's not scared of anything! Maybe he's wondering if she had ulterior motives for grabbing him... Devil1

I'm hoping that the addition of the ant son was yours, and not actually in the episode? Although we weren't quite as lucky in Eagle Riders, when Joe came back to the Team, whistling that song...

No new posts 18-06-2010 23:43 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
condorcandi condorcandi is a Female
Gatchamaniac

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-06-2010

spacer

The ant song was me being evil. If you look, I changed some of the lyrics in some of the verses to better fit what's going on in the ep.

The Eagle/Swan relationship in GoS pretty much mirrors Gatch. Except for the post-Jigokiller slap. Dirk never hits Aggie, either.

Hollywood is a land of money and cowardice.

-Henry A. Lee, Cracked.com columnist

No new posts 19-06-2010 01:48 condorcandi is offline Search for Posts by condorcandi Add condorcandi to your Buddy List
lborgia88 lborgia88 is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 27-06-2007

spacer

I'm really enjoying learning more about GoS storylines, thanks to you, Candi! One thing that I wasn't expecting was just how much Gatch terminology, like "bird missile," "Red Impulse squadron" or "Galactor" (though this one's not used in quite the same way) was carried over into GoS.

No new posts 19-06-2010 05:43 lborgia88 is offline Send an Email to lborgia88 Search for Posts by lborgia88 Add lborgia88 to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: lborgia88
gatchamarie gatchamarie is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 18-06-2009

spacer

iagree ... to be honest, I didn't even know GoS existed until just some time after returning back to the Gatch fandom! Thanks once again for enlightening us, Candi! And, BTW, I'm enjoying reading your comments, and additions, throughout your write-ups! They're a great way to brighten my mood!

No new posts 19-06-2010 13:07 gatchamarie is offline Send an Email to gatchamarie Search for Posts by gatchamarie Add gatchamarie to your Buddy List
AllentownDarkWater AllentownDarkWater is a Male
Banned

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 24-01-2010

spacer

I like Jun's dancing at the disco in the beginning. I don't know why.

No new posts 20-09-2010 22:51 AllentownDarkWater is offline Search for Posts by AllentownDarkWater Add AllentownDarkWater to your Buddy List
« previous  1  2  [3]  --> Members browsing this thread: none Pages (3): « previous  1  2  [3] 
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: