Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Gatchaman Library] »Gatchaman Fighter » Gatchaman f episodes
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Gatchaman f episodes
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
minerboh
Former Lurker

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 05-04-2009

spacer
Gatchaman f episodes Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Hello guys ! I am new to this forum and i am glad to be here! I wanted to ask a question if you don't mind! Where i can find gatchaman f episodes? I am from Greece and i do not have access to the amazon order availability. Please i have sharced everywhere in the net to no avail! Can you help me? Thanks for listening ! Stretch

No new posts 05-04-2009 14:04 minerboh is offline Send an Email to minerboh Search for Posts by minerboh Add minerboh to your Buddy List
lborgia88 lborgia88 is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 27-06-2007

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Greetings, Minerboh!

Does it matter to you if the Gatch F episodes are only in Japanese?

I believe that official releases of Gatchaman Fighter, as with Gatchaman II, are available, but are solely in Japanese and in the DVD region format for Japan.

I will quote the words of our resident expert, Tatsunokofan, from an older thread where someone asked a very similar question:

"Just to clarify, none of the Japanese releases of Gatchaman II or Gatchaman Fighter have any sort of subtitle/caption options, not even in Japanese.

So, if you were thinking of using them as a means to get the dialogue in a text format to translate, they'll be of no help. Both series have been released in Taiwan, dubbed into Mandarin, with optional Chinese subtitles, if that will help anyone. At least those sets are supposed to be Region 0, so they could be played on DVD players in North America!

As far as an official dubbed/subbed release in North America goes, there isn't one, and doesn't appear to be one on the horizon. Fansubs are pretty much your only option, if you can track them down, and I don't believe anyone has done the entire run of either series."

So, if you want Gatch F in a language other than Japanese, it necessitates tracking down unofficial fansubs (which won't be on Amazon) or the later episodes of Eagle Riders (although here the Gatch F footage is heavily edited and rearranged!). Others here may have some better advice as to where to look...

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by lborgia88 on 05-04-2009 at 15:38.
No new posts 05-04-2009 15:37 lborgia88 is offline Send an Email to lborgia88 Search for Posts by lborgia88 Add lborgia88 to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: lborgia88
Transmute Jun Transmute Jun is a Female
Queen of the Bird Missiles

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2007

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

It's great to see you here, Minerboh!

LB pretty much summed it up. I think you can still get the Japanese Gatchaman Fighter episodes from CD Japan and maybe Amazon in Japan. I believe the show was also shown in Italy (in Italian, obviously) and occasionally VHS tapes or Youtube episodes will show up. For awhile, the final episode of Gatchaman Fighter was available in Italian on Youtube. Unfortunately, the overly zealous censors have removed it.

Do you have specific questions about the series, or do you just want to see it?

No new posts 05-04-2009 15:54 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
Springie Springie is a Female
Her Royal Fluffiness...Swan of Swans...

I am a Swan.

6 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 12-06-2006

spacer

Wink1 LB had some great advice there...so I don't have much to add except...welcome!

There is no problem that cannot be solved with time, patience, and a judicious amount of high explosives.

No new posts 05-04-2009 15:56 Springie is offline Send an Email to Springie Homepage of Springie Search for Posts by Springie Add Springie to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Springie MSN Screenname: Springie
minerboh
Former Lurker

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 05-04-2009

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by lborgia88
Greetings, Minerboh!

Does it matter to you if the Gatch F episodes are only in Japanese?

I believe that official releases of Gatchaman Fighter, as with Gatchaman II, are available, but are solely in Japanese and in the DVD region format for Japan.

I will quote the words of our resident expert, Tatsunokofan, from an older thread where someone asked a very similar question:

"Just to clarify, none of the Japanese releases of Gatchaman II or Gatchaman Fighter have any sort of subtitle/caption options, not even in Japanese.

So, if you were thinking of using them as a means to get the dialogue in a text format to translate, they'll be of no help. Both series have been released in Taiwan, dubbed into Mandarin, with optional Chinese subtitles, if that will help anyone. At least those sets are supposed to be Region 0, so they could be played on DVD players in North America!

As far as an official dubbed/subbed release in North America goes, there isn't one, and doesn't appear to be one on the horizon. Fansubs are pretty much your only option, if you can track them down, and I don't believe anyone has done the entire run of either series."

So, if you want Gatch F in a language other than Japanese, it necessitates tracking down unofficial fansubs (which won't be on Amazon) or the later episodes of Eagle Riders (although here the Gatch F footage is heavily edited and rearranged!). Others here may have some better advice as to where to look...
I don't mind if it is without subtitles, i know how to watch and understand the japanese up to a certain capasity. As for those fansubs you mentioned i have contucted a search within the net and i haven't found nothing yet! Can you give me a lead?

No new posts 05-04-2009 16:10 minerboh is offline Send an Email to minerboh Search for Posts by minerboh Add minerboh to your Buddy List
clouddancer clouddancer is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 10-04-2007

spacer

Welcome minerboh.
Nice to see another lover of Gatch join our group.

No new posts 05-04-2009 16:10 clouddancer is offline Send an Email to clouddancer Search for Posts by clouddancer Add clouddancer to your Buddy List
tatsunokofan tatsunokofan is a Male
Gatch Guru

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 03-12-2006

spacer

Hi all!

If you're interested in purchasing a set of Gatchaman Fighter on DVD, you might try ordering it directly from Japan. Amazon Japan does ship internationally, and they do have the set available. They also offer assistance in setting up an account and ordering in English. A search for Gatchaman-related items on Amazon Japan can be found here:

http://tinyurl.com/ca5vpu

If for some reason you are restricted from using Amazon Japan to ship to Greece (Since you mention that you do not have Amazon order availability), you could try someplace like CD Japan, an online business in Japan that will ship internationally. A search for the Gatchaman related items on their website can eb found here:

http://tinyurl.com/crpb24

A third alternative would be to purchase a used set from someone selling it on Yahoo! Japan Auctions. If you wanted to use this method, you'd need to use a proxy service like Celga (http://www.celga.com/beta/index.php?page=welcome) or Rinkya (http://www.rinkya.com/) to handle the auction (For a fee, of course), and there's no way of knowing how often sets will turn up or how expensive they may be. If you wish to use this method, here's a serach for Gatchaman DVDs on Yahoo! Japan Auctions:

http://tinyurl.com/c2jm2o

I hope this helps!

James

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by tatsunokofan on 05-04-2009 at 23:36.
No new posts 05-04-2009 23:36 tatsunokofan is offline Send an Email to tatsunokofan Search for Posts by tatsunokofan Add tatsunokofan to your Buddy List
Ebonyswanne Ebonyswanne is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Swan.

23 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 25-04-2007

spacer

Hi Mineboh!!!

I so wish the Gatch 2 and Fighter are eventually made into english!I'm tempted to buy them in Japanese, only my luck a few months later they'll announce them being translated...

No new posts 05-04-2009 23:38 Ebonyswanne is offline Send an Email to Ebonyswanne Search for Posts by Ebonyswanne Add Ebonyswanne to your Buddy List
Members browsing this thread: none
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: