Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Entertainment] »Comics & Manga » BOTP Comic Art for sale
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page BOTP Comic Art for sale
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Springie Springie is a Female
Her Royal Fluffiness...Swan of Swans...

I am a Swan.

6 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 12-06-2006

spacer
BOTP Comic Art for sale Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Hey guys... Glass House Graphics is now selling Wilson Tortosa's art from the BOTP comics. Prices range from $20 to $70 a page. Thought you might like to know...it is interesting to look at the original sketches!

http://www.artandcomicsstore.com/servlet...-art/Categories

There is no problem that cannot be solved with time, patience, and a judicious amount of high explosives.

This post has been edited 3 time(s), it was last edited by Springie on 19-02-2009 at 18:14.
No new posts 19-02-2009 18:03 Springie is offline Send an Email to Springie Homepage of Springie Search for Posts by Springie Add Springie to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Springie MSN Screenname: Springie
shamrokchick shamrokchick is a Female
Forum Legend

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 02-08-2008

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Interesting... thanks for the link!

No new posts 19-02-2009 20:22 shamrokchick is offline Send an Email to shamrokchick Search for Posts by shamrokchick Add shamrokchick to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: shamrokchick
clouddancer clouddancer is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 10-04-2007

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Thank you for the link Springie. There are some nice images there.
i like how they show the "rough" with the finished product.

No new posts 19-02-2009 21:39 clouddancer is offline Send an Email to clouddancer Search for Posts by clouddancer Add clouddancer to your Buddy List
Transmute Jun Transmute Jun is a Female
Queen of the Bird Missiles

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2007

spacer

Neat link, Springie! Thanks for posting!

No new posts 20-02-2009 16:25 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
veritas veritas is a Female
Exalted Member

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 20-10-2008

spacer

Well I resisted for a while but my names not
Veritas 'no will power' Lamb, for nothing.

Funnily enough the ones I picked are Joe / Jason ones.

No new posts 25-02-2009 13:06 veritas is offline Send an Email to veritas Search for Posts by veritas Add veritas to your Buddy List

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

spacer

I'm wondering how many of these Tatsunokofan has picked up.... Big Grin

No new posts 25-02-2009 14:19 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
tatsunokofan tatsunokofan is a Male
Gatch Guru

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 03-12-2006

spacer

Hi all!

quote:
I'm wondering how many of these Tatsunokofan has picked up....

None of them, actually. I have little to no interest in Tortosa's artwork, just as I have little to no interest in the Top Cow BotP comic. I own a couple of pages from the run, but I got those just to have some example of the comic art and because they were cheap (Like $10.00 for two pages).

I know some people loved Tortosa's art, but I wasn't grabbed by it. The first issue of the comic was very much on-model for the characters, but as the comic run progressed, Tortosa's artwork became less and less faithful and more and more like the standard "anime-esque" style that people outside of Japan seem to think is what all anime looks like. Tatsunoko's classic anime had a style that was unique and did not follow the standard design pattern, and Tortosa failed to deliver on that count. If the writing of the comic hadn't been so bad, I suspect that fans would have complained about it more, but even with the off-model style, the artwork was stellar compared to the writing.

Let me make one thing clear, I'm not trying to say that Tortosa is a bad artist. He has a lot of talent, and has shown more than once that he has the ability to do fantastic work. Unfortunately, beyond the first issue of the comic, he didn't stretch himself to do an anime-syle comic that was drawn in something other than the standard anime-style look. Had he done as well with issue #'s 2 and up, I'd be a big fan of his work on this comic. But as things stand, I'd rather get more of Winslow Mortimer's artwork from the Gold Key BotP comic.

James

No new posts 25-02-2009 17:29 tatsunokofan is offline Send an Email to tatsunokofan Search for Posts by tatsunokofan Add tatsunokofan to your Buddy List
veritas veritas is a Female
Exalted Member

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 20-10-2008

spacer

quote:
The first issue of the comic was very much on-model for the characters, but as the comic run progressed, Tortosa's artwork became less and less faithful

I agree, however Ive just decorated the upstairs landing and I think the 3 I got will look good in frames at the top of the stairs with the Rogue Squadron art work. I'm like, totally an interior designer, but cheaper. Wink2

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by veritas on 25-02-2009 at 18:52.
No new posts 25-02-2009 18:50 veritas is offline Send an Email to veritas Search for Posts by veritas Add veritas to your Buddy List
Ebonyswanne Ebonyswanne is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Swan.

23 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 25-04-2007

spacer

I never warmed to his version of Princess. But he a fantastic artist, I think Tats is right in that he slipped as he progressed with the comics in staying true to the style unique to anime.

I'm not much of a fan of the current way anime is drawn. Something about it...I dunno how to put it....its all pointy noses and they all look the same.

No new posts 25-02-2009 22:19 Ebonyswanne is offline Send an Email to Ebonyswanne Search for Posts by Ebonyswanne Add Ebonyswanne to your Buddy List
Forum Legend

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

I agree... I'm not a fan of modern anime, seems like every girl has the same face. But I do appreciate Tortosa's artwork.

No new posts 25-02-2009 23:21 shamrokchick is offline Send an Email to shamrokchick Search for Posts by shamrokchick Add shamrokchick to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: shamrokchick
lborgia88 lborgia88 is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 27-06-2007

spacer

Your avatar is adorable, Shamrokchick! The little birdie, especially, is sooo cute!

No new posts 27-02-2009 05:15 lborgia88 is offline Send an Email to lborgia88 Search for Posts by lborgia88 Add lborgia88 to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: lborgia88

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

spacer

iagree It's very cute!!! And fits in with the current weather!

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Transmute Jun on 27-02-2009 at 14:22.
No new posts 27-02-2009 14:21 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
Forum Legend

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Thanks! A friend sent me the pic to cheer me up after having the flu/cold all week Sick2. The cuteness did make me smile Smirk

No new posts 27-02-2009 16:26 shamrokchick is offline Send an Email to shamrokchick Search for Posts by shamrokchick Add shamrokchick to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: shamrokchick
JohngPR JohngPR is a Male
Exalted Member

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 07-02-2010

spacer

I'll have to check these out sometime. Right now my "Gatchaman money" is tied to grabbing the collections on DVD.

Smile

No new posts 07-02-2010 18:48 JohngPR is offline Send an Email to JohngPR Homepage of JohngPR Search for Posts by JohngPR Add JohngPR to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: JohngPR
Becky Rock Becky Rock is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 16-04-2009

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by tatsunokofan
Hi all!

quote:
I'm wondering how many of these Tatsunokofan has picked up....

None of them, actually. I have little to no interest in Tortosa's artwork, just as I have little to no interest in the Top Cow BotP comic. I own a couple of pages from the run, but I got those just to have some example of the comic art and because they were cheap (Like $10.00 for two pages).

I know some people loved Tortosa's art, but I wasn't grabbed by it. The first issue of the comic was very much on-model for the characters, but as the comic run progressed, Tortosa's artwork became less and less faithful and more and more like the standard "anime-esque" style that people outside of Japan seem to think is what all anime looks like. Tatsunoko's classic anime had a style that was unique and did not follow the standard design pattern, and Tortosa failed to deliver on that count. If the writing of the comic hadn't been so bad, I suspect that fans would have complained about it more, but even with the off-model style, the artwork was stellar compared to the writing.

Let me make one thing clear, I'm not trying to say that Tortosa is a bad artist. He has a lot of talent, and has shown more than once that he has the ability to do fantastic work. Unfortunately, beyond the first issue of the comic, he didn't stretch himself to do an anime-syle comic that was drawn in something other than the standard anime-style look. Had he done as well with issue #'s 2 and up, I'd be a big fan of his work on this comic. But as things stand, I'd rather get more of Winslow Mortimer's artwork from the Gold Key BotP comic.

James

I agree with you, James. I don't like most anime art because of the large eyes and disproportional bodies.

No new posts 07-02-2010 19:13 Becky Rock is offline Send an Email to Becky Rock Search for Posts by Becky Rock Add Becky Rock to your Buddy List
Reboekah
Master Boardie

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 12-03-2005

spacer

Found another link of the comic art (and some sketches by various comic artists) over here

Thought some of the sketches deserve visibility.

No new posts 29-12-2010 22:45 Reboekah is offline Send an Email to Reboekah Homepage of Reboekah Search for Posts by Reboekah Add Reboekah to your Buddy List
clouddancer clouddancer is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 10-04-2007

spacer

Thank you for that link Boeke!
It is always nice to see other peoples depictions of the team. There are some really nice pieces there.

No new posts 30-12-2010 00:03 clouddancer is offline Send an Email to clouddancer Search for Posts by clouddancer Add clouddancer to your Buddy List
Springie Springie is a Female
Her Royal Fluffiness...Swan of Swans...

I am a Swan.

6 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 12-06-2006

spacer

Really neat stuff! Thanks for sharing those with us, Boeke! Thumbsup

There is no problem that cannot be solved with time, patience, and a judicious amount of high explosives.

No new posts 30-12-2010 04:02 Springie is offline Send an Email to Springie Homepage of Springie Search for Posts by Springie Add Springie to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Springie MSN Screenname: Springie
gatchamarie gatchamarie is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 18-06-2009

spacer

That's really a cool find, Boeke! Thanks a lot for sharing! It's always nice to see more drawings of other, different artists!

No new posts 30-12-2010 07:14 gatchamarie is offline Send an Email to gatchamarie Search for Posts by gatchamarie Add gatchamarie to your Buddy List

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

spacer

Great link! Thanks for sharing, Boeke!

No new posts 30-12-2010 17:00 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
Members browsing this thread: none
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: