Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Gatchaman Library] »Gatchaman OAV » OPinions
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): « previous  1  [2]  Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page OPinions
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Hinotori Hinotori is a Female
Babbling Loonie

I am an Eagle.

2 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 09-10-2007

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by amyltrer
here's a link with flashes from the show:

I love this vid. I thought using Dead or Alive was so appropriate. I give major kudos to the person who created it!

Eagle Condor Swan Swallow Hootie

No new posts 01-02-2008 23:26 Hinotori is offline Send an Email to Hinotori Search for Posts by Hinotori Add Hinotori to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Hinotori72
Transmute Jun Transmute Jun is a Female
Queen of the Bird Missiles

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2007

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Toneman
I thought you swan was the NTT Swan when I saw her.. But I wasn't sure. She looks ready to rip someones arms off...

::Toneman waves his hand frantically in the air, and jumps up and down::

"Oooh... Oooh... Pick me! Pick me!!"

Hmmmm..... rip off RI's arm... tempting... Big Grin

No new posts 02-02-2008 01:13 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
Madilayn Madilayn is a Female
Mistress of Ebil

I am a Swan.

24 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 01-02-2006

spacer

I love Solaris/Katse in the OAV's - absolutely wonderful characterisation whether in English or Japanese and with some wonderful detail!

I like how Galactor is actually competent with this one - and am in awe of the numbers in Rat Bastard's squadron....

But I must admit, to be totally drooling over Joe......

I actually like the OAV's - well except for Ken the dork and Nambu the Pimp.

"When I'm old, I don't want them to say of me, "She's so charming." I want them to say, "Be careful, I think she's armed." -G. Stoddart

No new posts 02-02-2008 07:57 Madilayn is offline Send an Email to Madilayn Homepage of Madilayn Search for Posts by Madilayn Add Madilayn to your Buddy List
Raggletag Raggletag is a Male

I am a Berg Katse.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 22-01-2007

spacer

I think Joe had the best characterization in the OAVs. He may have been a bit TOO brooding for my taste, but it was still a good fit for the OAV. Let's be honest though, the OAV series was prettymuch all about the eye candy and not so much deep character development. It was a neat little update, but no match for the original series imo.

And Nambu's new sideburns could put an eye out! Poke

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Raggletag on 14-02-2008 at 03:43.
No new posts 14-02-2008 03:43 Raggletag is offline Send an Email to Raggletag Homepage of Raggletag Search for Posts by Raggletag Add Raggletag to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: raggletag11

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

spacer

You're totally right, Raggletag. that's why I call the OAVs 'Gatchaman with the LOTR treatment'! Wink

No new posts 14-02-2008 14:10 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
meg meg is a Female
Boardie

I am a Swan.

Registration Date: 06-02-2008

spacer

I saw only the first episode. I'm a big fan of Gatchaman I, and I would prefer if they would not redesign the characters too much. I agree about Jinpei and Joe. They came out good, and I don't like too much Ken and Jun. I'm not sure if I want to see the rest of OAV.

TJ, what does "LOTR treatment" mean? (question from a non native English person - I don't understand some things Elfconfused1 )

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by meg on 28-08-2008 at 11:50.
No new posts 28-02-2008 12:36 meg is offline Send an Email to meg Search for Posts by meg Add meg to your Buddy List

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

spacer

LOTR = Lord of the Rings

What I meant by that was that the LOTR movies are beautiful, but underneath it's just a bunch of wooden, uninspiring characters.

No new posts 28-02-2008 14:06 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
meg meg is a Female
Boardie

I am a Swan.

Registration Date: 06-02-2008

spacer

I get it. Thanks Elfsmile1

No new posts 28-02-2008 14:37 meg is offline Send an Email to meg Search for Posts by meg Add meg to your Buddy List

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by meg
I get it. Thanks Elfsmile1

No problem! I'm always happy to explain, especially to further discussions on my favourite subject. Wink

No new posts 28-02-2008 14:39 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
Metaliant Metaliant is a Male
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 06-06-2005

spacer

I tried listening to the OAVs dubbed version first, but like the Gatchaman dubbed version, I hated it, the sub version is much better.

Nambu looks like he's from the early 70s wherre fashion disappeared for several years.

Katse was probably my favourite charactor as he/she wasn't so much of a cowardly idiot as in the Gatchaman or BOTP. Also there was a fleet of those mechs which was a good idea.

I think having the Jupiter ninjas was stupid and they should have the Blackbird ninjas and as for the Red Impulse army, well.........

I think I will watch them again.

No new posts 28-02-2008 15:21 Metaliant is offline Send an Email to Metaliant Homepage of Metaliant Search for Posts by Metaliant Add Metaliant to your Buddy List MSN Screenname: The Legend
clouddancer clouddancer is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 10-04-2007

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Metaliant
as for the Red Impulse army, well.........

I think I will watch them again.

What I loved was the fact that Red Impulse HAD an army. I do not think only three men could do what they did in the original series. That was one thing I liked about the OAVs.

It sounds like I am one of the few who liked Ken's clean haircut. What I did not like was the sharp angular boyish/feminine face.

No new posts 28-02-2008 19:04 clouddancer is offline Send an Email to clouddancer Search for Posts by clouddancer Add clouddancer to your Buddy List
amyltrer amyltrer is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Egoblosser.

4 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 02-12-2006

spacer

They also had flat faces. Typicaly to the animes today! They looked better in the originals. Even Katse.

No new posts 28-02-2008 19:58 amyltrer is offline Send an Email to amyltrer Search for Posts by amyltrer Add amyltrer to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: amyltrer MSN Screenname: amyltrer@hotmail.com
Hinotori Hinotori is a Female
Babbling Loonie

I am an Eagle.

2 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 09-10-2007

spacer

I agree. Ken was way too boy-band. I wasn't thrilled with Ryu, uh I mean Rocky, either. Too California surfer for me.... (no offense TJ!). Nambu - I won't go even go there... And Jun, well, let's just say that OVA Jun would have fit into parts of Ebony's Lightening story very well... Big Grin

I did like OVA Joe and Jinpei though. Well, I liked how OVA Joe was drawn (minus the flatness, as Amy mentioned). I thought the character of Jinpei was more realistic - he acted more like a 10-year-old and I thought the computer hacker was a nice touch, since most 10-year-olds know more about computers these days than most adults!

Of course I only saw the first ep on YouTube, so I could be off base with my thoughts. Maybe someday I'll see the other 2 eps!

Eagle Condor Swan Swallow Hootie

No new posts 28-02-2008 23:46 Hinotori is offline Send an Email to Hinotori Search for Posts by Hinotori Add Hinotori to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Hinotori72

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

spacer

Come visit me, Hino, and you can watch them. Big Grin

No new posts 29-02-2008 00:43 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
Ladygalactor777 Ladygalactor777 is a Female
Boardie

I am a Berg Katse.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 21-08-2008

spacer

Im glad you are more satisfied with my new gallactor Organization in the OVA hahahahah! kneelsuckers

No new posts 25-08-2008 21:06 Ladygalactor777 is offline Send an Email to Ladygalactor777 Search for Posts by Ladygalactor777 Add Ladygalactor777 to your Buddy List
trideegurl2 trideegurl2 is a Female
Honoured Member

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 25-04-2008

spacer

OAVs, wow havent watched those in FOREVER! we were obsessed when they first came out on VHS, it was the only Gatchaman thing we ever could get back in 1996, when we bought them.

I liked Joe, it gave him a sort of edge, and I actually didnt mind his voice either. (of course the only other version I had seen at that point was G-force) what i liked about the OAVs is it allowed each character to have a lil more individualism at least in their outfits and hair styles. I mean, I love the original Gatchaman BEST, but would they REALLY all dress like that, with the numbers on their shirts? prob not....

Now that I watch it, I think I acutally like Katse, (solaris) better than the original. Cooler looking.

Hated how they did Ryu......ugh..... really purple hair? REALLY? i def prefer his crazy unbrushed hair!!! Big Grin

Car

No new posts 26-08-2008 20:43 trideegurl2 is offline Send an Email to trideegurl2 Search for Posts by trideegurl2 Add trideegurl2 to your Buddy List
« previous  1  [2]  --> Members browsing this thread: none Pages (2): « previous  1  [2] 
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: