Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Entertainment] »Comics & Manga » Otoboke Section Chief
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (3): « previous  1  2  [3]  Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Otoboke Section Chief
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
kimiko kimiko is a Female
Forum God

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 23-09-2007

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Looks like Joe's come out with his own cereal...

CONDOR-O'S...with marshmallow shurikens and bird missiles!

No new posts 03-12-2007 14:23 kimiko is offline Send an Email to kimiko Search for Posts by kimiko Add kimiko to your Buddy List
Transmute Jun Transmute Jun is a Female
Queen of the Bird Missiles

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2007

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by kimiko
Looks like Joe's come out with his own cereal...

CONDOR-O'S...with marshmallow shurikens and bird missiles!

Kimi, you are just full of great ideas!

Now, where can I buy some Condor-Os? Wink

No new posts 03-12-2007 16:32 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
clouddancer clouddancer is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 10-04-2007

spacer

ANd that explains why Ken looks so upset.
He is not happy with the Condor-o's while all he gets is..... what is that?

No new posts 03-12-2007 18:32 clouddancer is offline Send an Email to clouddancer Search for Posts by clouddancer Add clouddancer to your Buddy List
kimiko kimiko is a Female
Forum God

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 23-09-2007

spacer

I'm not sure what Ken's eating...rice and ...kinda looks like kalamari...

Does Ken have a pet rat? Or is his hair being compared to a rat's nest? laugh3

No new posts 04-12-2007 12:26 kimiko is offline Send an Email to kimiko Search for Posts by kimiko Add kimiko to your Buddy List
Ebonyswanne Ebonyswanne is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Swan.

23 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 25-04-2007

spacer

The drawings are good though...mmm

No new posts 04-12-2007 12:55 Ebonyswanne is offline Send an Email to Ebonyswanne Search for Posts by Ebonyswanne Add Ebonyswanne to your Buddy List
Sosai X Sosai X is a Male
Master Boardie

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 09-10-2007

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Springie

quote:
Originally posted by kimiko
I'm not sure what Ken's eating...rice and ...kinda looks like kalamari...

Does Ken have a pet rat? Or is his hair being compared to a rat's nest? laugh3

Ken has a rat on his head because he fell into sewage. Nambu isn't too impressed with Ken because he uses the rude version of 'you' (omae) that is used when berating inferiors to refer to Ken.

The first line at the top says, "sumimasen, Dr Nambu..." which can translate as "excuse me" or even "I'm sorry". If this is the team speaking then it would also be in plural. Edit: Dr Nambu's kanji actually says 'Nambu Doctor'.

The next panel (starting right to left): "Ken!!"
Joe says, "Uoo." Jun says, "Maa." Jinpei says, "Wa." Rytu says "Ee." These are just sounds each team member is making. Japanese is full of onomatopoeia sounds. I'm still trying to figure out what the full sentence to Ryu's left says.

The next panel with Ken and the rat: "Gesui ni ochimashita." (I fell into the sewer) The first kanji to the right represents the word under. The one after it means water. Put them together and you get sewage system. Wink

Final panel with Nambu saying: "Omae ga gesui ni..." which I would translate as "You fell into the sewer..." The characters above Nambu's head (parari), I'm not sure about.

I haven't started translating the third pic yet but I do know that the word bubble to the right (with the red outline) is saying, "Karai zo! Ken!" (Well, it's spicy!! Ken!) The word "zo" is used to emphasis one's opinions (it can be rude and is used with close friends or with those of lower status). Ken responds by saying, "E" (basically he is saying "ahh").

That's as far as I got so far. Wink

Cheers,
Tim

This post has been edited 6 time(s), it was last edited by Sosai X on 04-12-2007 at 21:16.
No new posts 04-12-2007 16:00 Sosai X is offline Send an Email to Sosai X Homepage of Sosai X Search for Posts by Sosai X Add Sosai X to your Buddy List
amyltrer amyltrer is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Egoblosser.

4 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 02-12-2006

spacer

I loved the rat is ken's hair. It matches him well. Thanks for the translations Tim. Now I wonder how ken has fallen into the sewage!

No new posts 04-12-2007 16:14 amyltrer is offline Send an Email to amyltrer Search for Posts by amyltrer Add amyltrer to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: amyltrer MSN Screenname: amyltrer@hotmail.com
Gatchamaniac

I am an Egoblosser.

4 fics uploaded

spacer

Pssst, Tim, what is Red Impulse saying? Is just me or he has a pinafore on?

No new posts 04-12-2007 16:18 amyltrer is offline Send an Email to amyltrer Search for Posts by amyltrer Add amyltrer to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: amyltrer MSN Screenname: amyltrer@hotmail.com

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

spacer

The sewer, huh? I'll bet there's a long story behind that.... Wink

No new posts 04-12-2007 20:56 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by amyltrer
I loved the rat is ken's hair. It matches him well. Thanks for the translations Tim. Now I wonder how ken has fallen into the sewage!

Well Amy feel free to write a fic to go along with the pic.

No new posts 04-12-2007 22:28 clouddancer is offline Send an Email to clouddancer Search for Posts by clouddancer Add clouddancer to your Buddy List
Springie Springie is a Female
Her Royal Fluffiness...Swan of Swans...

I am a Swan.

6 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 12-06-2006

spacer

Oh wow! I wasn't expecting Ken to be a sewer rat... wonder if it has anything to do with the dinosaur episode where he lost his wristband? LOL

There is no problem that cannot be solved with time, patience, and a judicious amount of high explosives.

No new posts 04-12-2007 23:33 Springie is offline Send an Email to Springie Homepage of Springie Search for Posts by Springie Add Springie to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Springie MSN Screenname: Springie
Gatchamaniac

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

I was thinking of the episode. where they found the little boy down in the sewers.
The boy who was not affected by Katse's agressive brain wave manipulation, because he was in the sewers, and then led the team to the palace or presidential home. Can not remember the ep. name or number.

Sorry, that is probably not much help. It has been a while since I have seen it.

No new posts 04-12-2007 23:42 clouddancer is offline Send an Email to clouddancer Search for Posts by clouddancer Add clouddancer to your Buddy List

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

spacer

I think it was the Aurora Operation. That was never made into BOTP. It might also be the one with the peacocks.

No new posts 05-12-2007 01:29 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am a Swan.

23 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by amyltrer
Tim can you translate this for me please?

"But Hakasa you don't understand the design flaw in this Helmet." Ken the Eagle picked up the cup of hot soup to demonstrate what he was trying to get across to the Doctor, it didn't even get near his lips.

"See, hot soup everywhere, it just doesn't cut it, and if you think I'm having problems, well Ryu's are worse!" They both looked over at a hungry Owl who didn't eat at all on the last 3 day mission...

No new posts 05-12-2007 01:37 Ebonyswanne is offline Send an Email to Ebonyswanne Search for Posts by Ebonyswanne Add Ebonyswanne to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Transmute Jun
I think it was the Aurora Operation. That was never made into BOTP. It might also be the one with the peacocks.

It was not the one with the peacocks and it did make it as a BOTP ep. I vividly remember it because I remember Mark pinkie swearing with the little boy before Mark gets out of the sewers again. This is the episode I think of when I think how well Mark relates to children.

I just looked it up: in BOTP it is called the Duplicate King, (It is one that I want to see again when/if I can get the DVD) In Gatchaman it is episode 77 Berg Katse's Success.

No new posts 05-12-2007 02:37 clouddancer is offline Send an Email to clouddancer Search for Posts by clouddancer Add clouddancer to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am a Swan.

23 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Transmute Jun

In BOTP I don't remember an EP that they were turned into animals...So they didn't re make the Aurora EP..

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Ebonyswanne on 05-12-2007 at 03:39.
No new posts 05-12-2007 03:39 Ebonyswanne is offline Send an Email to Ebonyswanne Search for Posts by Ebonyswanne Add Ebonyswanne to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am an Egoblosser.

4 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Springie
Oh wow! I wasn't expecting Ken to be a sewer rat... wonder if it has anything to do with the dinosaur episode where he lost his wristband? LOL

lol, Springie this has me ROTFL!

No new posts 05-12-2007 05:27 amyltrer is offline Send an Email to amyltrer Search for Posts by amyltrer Add amyltrer to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: amyltrer MSN Screenname: amyltrer@hotmail.com
Firebird
Princess Firebird..... Goddess of Swannie Fics

I am a Swan.

63 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 01-07-2002

spacer

I love when these are found and Tim translates them for us lol.

Thank you Tim!

No new posts 24-12-2007 11:48 Firebird is offline Send an Email to Firebird Search for Posts by Firebird Add Firebird to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: Taishala YIM Screenname: taishala
« previous  1  2  [3]  --> Members browsing this thread: none Pages (3): « previous  1  2  [3] 
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: