Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Entertainment] »The Music Box » Cool Japanese Music Vids
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Cool Japanese Music Vids
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Sosai X Sosai X is a Male
Master Boardie

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 09-10-2007

spacer
Cool Japanese Music Vids Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

I thought I would share my various Japanese youtube music links. The music ranges from Jpop to jazz. If you come across a link that youtube has removed, let me know and I will remove it from here.

W - Koi no Fuga (Dance Shot PV)
These two women, known as W, perform an old Peanuts tune. The Peanuts were a twin sister singing act that also played the twin faeries (Shibojin) in the old Godzilla/Mothra films.

Aya Matsuura - Ne~e
Aya Matsuura - The Bigaku
Aya Matsuura Doki Doki Love Mail
Aya Matsuura - Kiseki no Kaori DANCE!

All of Aya's tunes tend to be very catchy and very cute (what the Japanese would call 'kawaii'). You'll be humming these tunes even after you have finished watching them.

animedisco

Here's some music from one of my favourite Japanese bands known as Anzenchitai (Safety Zone). They were huge in Japan during the 80s and still have a considerable following.

wine red no kokore

koi no yokan

suki sa (from the Maison Ikkoku anime)

That's all for now. Wink

Cheers,
Tim

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Sosai X on 14-10-2007 at 14:56.
No new posts 13-10-2007 03:10 Sosai X is offline Send an Email to Sosai X Homepage of Sosai X Search for Posts by Sosai X Add Sosai X to your Buddy List
Master Boardie

0 fics uploaded

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Here are two videos from the very talented Ringo Shiina - she is known for her eclectic musical skills and her stylish videos.

Kabuki City Woman

Tsumiki asubi - chaotic and yet, hypnotic

Edited to add: Love is Blind

Cheers,
Tim

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by Sosai X on 14-10-2007 at 17:10.
No new posts 14-10-2007 15:30 Sosai X is offline Send an Email to Sosai X Homepage of Sosai X Search for Posts by Sosai X Add Sosai X to your Buddy List
Master Boardie

0 fics uploaded

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Here is one of Japan's top singers... Misia...

Misia - Key of Love

Misia - Mekuse no Blues - this is my fav! what a singer!

note: "sugoi" = cool. (as in, that's cool!)

Misia - Believe

Misia - Tokiwo Tomete

Misia - Mama Says

Misia - Unforgettable Days

Cheers,
Tim

No new posts 14-10-2007 23:59 Sosai X is offline Send an Email to Sosai X Homepage of Sosai X Search for Posts by Sosai X Add Sosai X to your Buddy List
Master Boardie

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Introducing the all female Jpop group known as Morning Musume. Their act revolves around singing and dancing to generally upbeat melodies. Currently, Morning Musume is Japan's Best Selling Female Group.

Morning Musume - SEXY BOY

Morning Musume - Shanimuni Paradise

A "sister" all female group to Morning Musume is known as Melon Kinenbi.

Melon Kinenbi - Akai Freesia

This video looks like a video that the Devilstars would have made for some twisted Galactor plot! Devilstar
Melon Kinenbi - Kokuhaku Kinenbi

Cheers,
Tim

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by Sosai X on 15-10-2007 at 16:33.
No new posts 15-10-2007 16:31 Sosai X is offline Send an Email to Sosai X Homepage of Sosai X Search for Posts by Sosai X Add Sosai X to your Buddy List
Master Boardie

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Here is another of my fav Japanese rock bands from the 80s. They are known as The Alfee:

Edit - Sorry, the links are currently inactive

Hoshizora no Distance - man, I love this song. Smile Is that Joe playing guitar. *grin*

Don't Forget the January Rain - the song is great once the announcer shuts up Wink

Midsummer Stranger

Sweat & Tears

Cheers,
Tim

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Sosai X on 17-11-2007 at 17:07.
No new posts 21-10-2007 06:15 Sosai X is offline Send an Email to Sosai X Homepage of Sosai X Search for Posts by Sosai X Add Sosai X to your Buddy List
Master Boardie

0 fics uploaded

spacer

I've just discovered this band - Paris Match. Their official MySpace page can be found here:

Official MySpace Page

I think I'm going to buy one of their CDs for my birthday. I think I'm falling in love with Mari Mizuno's voice. *grin*

And here are some of their videos thanks to youtube...

Summer Breeze (In Amsterdam)

Kiss

Deep Inside

Kissing the Sun - I could be wrong about this title but it is still a great little tune.

Anthology (Chickenbone Edition) - this is basically a medley of various songs.

Since one of my favourite songs isn't on Youtube I've uploaded it to my own server to share it. You should be able to right-click and do a save as/save target as to download the mp3. Here it is...

Eternity (Japanese Version)
Eternity (English Version)

Enjoy! I've checked and these play for me. If they don't load probably, refresh your browser or try downloading again.

Anime Smooch

Cheers,
Tim

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Sosai X on 09-11-2007 at 06:33.
No new posts 09-11-2007 06:33 Sosai X is offline Send an Email to Sosai X Homepage of Sosai X Search for Posts by Sosai X Add Sosai X to your Buddy List
Master Boardie

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Okay, since I haven't posted any new links in a while it's time to start again. (^_^)//

Within the last couple of weeks, I have been spending a lot of time in the Library at the Japan Foundation (here in Toronto). This place is great (books, magazines, dvds, tapes, cds... in both english and Japanese depending on the situation) so I have been checking out the Japanese cds and I came across this 70s/80s singing/dancing duo called Pink Lady. It is light entertainment but catchy none the less.

S O S (original Version)

S O S (2004 Version)

UFO (Original Version)

UFO (2004 Version)

From what I've read/heard - this dance number was a huge hit in Japan originally and was used in summer camps as a form of light exercise. Wink

"Wanted" (Original Version)

"Wanted" (2004 Version)

"Monster"

"Southpaw"

"Pepper Keibu"

Carmen '77

Enjoy. Beware - this stuff is addictive. animedisco

Cheers,
Tim

No new posts 23-01-2008 20:47 Sosai X is offline Send an Email to Sosai X Homepage of Sosai X Search for Posts by Sosai X Add Sosai X to your Buddy List
Hinotori Hinotori is a Female
Babbling Loonie

I am an Eagle.

2 fics uploaded

spacer

Is it just me or does these girls remind you of ABBA? dancing ( <-- Sorry, was trying to go for Dancing Queen there, but I don't think it worked!)

BTW, Tim, I'm sure your "enjoyment" of these clips has nothing to do with the fact that artists are two pretty Asian women....... Lol2

Eagle Condor Swan Swallow Hootie

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Hinotori on 24-01-2008 at 00:26.
No new posts 24-01-2008 00:25 Hinotori is offline Send an Email to Hinotori Search for Posts by Hinotori Add Hinotori to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Hinotori72
Master Boardie

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Hinotori
Is it just me or does these girls remind you of ABBA? dancing ( <-- Sorry, was trying to go for Dancing Queen there, but I don't think it worked!)

BTW, Tim, I'm sure your "enjoyment" of these clips has nothing to do with the fact that artists are two pretty Asian women....... Lol2

LOL! You are the second person to say that to me. *grin* I agree the girls are cute (and the skimpy outfits are a bonus) but in my defense, I discovered their music by borrowing a 'best of' cd from the library and I didn't know what they looked like at first (the cover art on the cd wasn't the best).

My friend from Japan is a fan of their music and she was the one who pointed out their links on youtube to me. Actually she's the one who pointed out a lot of the music that is linked in this thread (not all but 3/4 of it). Wink

Cheers,
Tim

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Sosai X on 24-01-2008 at 00:42.
No new posts 24-01-2008 00:36 Sosai X is offline Send an Email to Sosai X Homepage of Sosai X Search for Posts by Sosai X Add Sosai X to your Buddy List
Members browsing this thread: none
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: