Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Entertainment] »Video/PC Games, Models & Toys » Anyone heard of this game?
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Anyone heard of this game?
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Transmute Jun Transmute Jun is a Female
Queen of the Bird Missiles

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2007

spacer
Anyone heard of this game? Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

I haven't seen this before. Looks like fun!

http://www.thelogbook.com/pixel/tatsunoko-fight/

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Transmute Jun on 17-09-2007 at 21:33.
No new posts 17-09-2007 16:57 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
SJ_SwanJun SJ_SwanJun is a Female
Forum Goddess

I am a Red Squadron.

9 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 26-04-2007

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

No ... but I want to play it!

Sighhh

Why do men snore when lying on their backs?
Because their balls fall over their butt holes and they vapour lock.

No new posts 17-09-2007 18:05 SJ_SwanJun is offline Send an Email to SJ_SwanJun Search for Posts by SJ_SwanJun Add SJ_SwanJun to your Buddy List
Springie Springie is a Female
Her Royal Fluffiness...Swan of Swans...

I am a Swan.

6 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 12-06-2006

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

I've heard of it, but never seen screenshots of it before...

Neato...and Jun, Ken and Katse are in it! Too bad it was made for Playstation 1...wish they'd make a new one...

Did you notice that Ken/ Mark has an (almost) clone? LOL...wonder who the other guy is supposed to be...

There is no problem that cannot be solved with time, patience, and a judicious amount of high explosives.

No new posts 17-09-2007 21:01 Springie is offline Send an Email to Springie Homepage of Springie Search for Posts by Springie Add Springie to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Springie MSN Screenname: Springie

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

spacer

I noticed that! I had to do a double take to figure out which one was supposed to be Ken...

No new posts 17-09-2007 21:33 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
tatsunokofan tatsunokofan is a Male
Gatch Guru

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 03-12-2006

spacer

Ahh yes, Tatsunoko Fight. It was indeed a fun game. It was released by Takara in October of 2000. It was essentially a play on the typical Street Fighter 2-guys-beat-each-other-up type of video game. You could pick one of the five Tatsunoko heroes you wished to be, and were then pitted against the 15 characters in the game. Each of the 5 different hero stories had three characters from them in the game; the hero, the villain, and a secondary character (Usually the female lead, though in the case of Tekkaman, they used Andro Umeda). The combat was divided into a best-of-three situation. Once you could beat your opponent twice in the 3 rounds, you moved onto another character.

When you first started the game, you could only play one of the 5 heroes, but after completing a certain number of levels, it became possible to pick some of the additional characters. After playing through the game once, I found that Jun was the best character to use, because her special attack technique (The Tornado Fighter) was the easiest of all of them to use. It was very simple to call on that technique repeatedly and mop up the floor with your opponents!

The way the game was set up, each character had to fight against himself at some point in the game. This was represented by having the same character appear in darker colors. If you were playing a 2-player game, and both of you chose the same character, Player 2 would get the darker character.

Completing different levels of the game also gave you access to different areas in the "Gallery Mode" of the game, which included original artwork, sound effects, music, and dialogue tracks from the game. The voices for the majority of the characters were newly recorded by their original voice actors.

When Playstation 2 came out, a number of Japanese fans of the Tatsunoko heroes kept requesting that the new version of the game be released. Sadly, this never happened, leaving both Tatsunoko Fight and Gatchaman: The Shooting as relics of a bygone video game era. Of course, the same thing has happened with the Playstation 2 Gatchaman Pachislot King game as well, so maybe the series is just cursed when it comes to video games...

James

No new posts 18-09-2007 23:43 tatsunokofan is offline Send an Email to tatsunokofan Search for Posts by tatsunokofan Add tatsunokofan to your Buddy List

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

spacer

Now how did I know that you would have the scoop on this, James? Wink

No new posts 19-09-2007 00:01 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
Springie Springie is a Female
Her Royal Fluffiness...Swan of Swans...

I am a Swan.

6 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 12-06-2006

spacer

It sounds like a fun game...wish I could invent a new Gatch game...

Springie goes into daydream mode... Cloud9

There is no problem that cannot be solved with time, patience, and a judicious amount of high explosives.

No new posts 19-09-2007 00:23 Springie is offline Send an Email to Springie Homepage of Springie Search for Posts by Springie Add Springie to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Springie MSN Screenname: Springie
Madilayn Madilayn is a Female
Mistress of Ebil

I am a Swan.

24 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 01-02-2006

spacer

Wow - definiately sounds like a fun game, James. Now I desperately want to play it!

"When I'm old, I don't want them to say of me, "She's so charming." I want them to say, "Be careful, I think she's armed." -G. Stoddart

No new posts 19-09-2007 00:32 Madilayn is offline Send an Email to Madilayn Homepage of Madilayn Search for Posts by Madilayn Add Madilayn to your Buddy List
Gatch Guru

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Now how did I know that you would have the scoop on this, James?

Because who else do you know would be foolish enough to buy a Japanese Playstation just so he could play it...?

James

No new posts 19-09-2007 02:15 tatsunokofan is offline Send an Email to tatsunokofan Search for Posts by tatsunokofan Add tatsunokofan to your Buddy List

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by tatsunokofan
quote:
Now how did I know that you would have the scoop on this, James?

Because who else do you know would be foolish enough to buy a Japanese Playstation just so he could play it...?

Foolish? No! Brilliant is more like it! Bowdown

(Your wife is a lucky woman!!!!)

No new posts 19-09-2007 03:24 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
Gatch Guru

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:

And here I thought I was the lucky one, being married to her...

James

No new posts 19-09-2007 05:18 tatsunokofan is offline Send an Email to tatsunokofan Search for Posts by tatsunokofan Add tatsunokofan to your Buddy List
Ebonyswanne Ebonyswanne is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Swan.

23 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 25-04-2007

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by tatsunokofan
quote:

And here I thought I was the lucky one, being married to her...

James

Oh thats so sweet!!!

Does she like Gatch too!!!

No new posts 19-09-2007 09:24 Ebonyswanne is offline Send an Email to Ebonyswanne Search for Posts by Ebonyswanne Add Ebonyswanne to your Buddy List
Firebird
Princess Firebird..... Goddess of Swannie Fics

I am a Swan.

63 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 01-07-2002

spacer

James, you are an amazing font of knowledge about all things gatch!

Huggles

No new posts 19-09-2007 12:13 Firebird is offline Send an Email to Firebird Search for Posts by Firebird Add Firebird to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: Taishala YIM Screenname: taishala
Gatch Guru

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Oh thats so sweet!!! Does she like Gatch too!!!

Yes, she does. It's actually because of this mutual interest that we met at the Comic Con in 1997. A group of us were standing by the Urban Vision booth in the dealers room, wearing our GatchaCon T-shirts. Heather happened to walk by and noticed the shirts. She'd been a fan of the show for years, but had never come across other fans. She stopped to ask where we had gotten the shirts, and before you knew it, she was hanging around with us for the rest of the weekend! We didn't start dating until a couple of years later, but who knows, if we hadn't been wearing those shirts, she and I might never have met.

James

No new posts 19-09-2007 19:39 tatsunokofan is offline Send an Email to tatsunokofan Search for Posts by tatsunokofan Add tatsunokofan to your Buddy List

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

spacer

That is so romantic! My DH and I hit it off over something similar with Star Trek.

No new posts 19-09-2007 22:03 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
Firebird
Princess Firebird..... Goddess of Swannie Fics

I am a Swan.

63 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 01-07-2002

spacer

aww That is so romantic.

No new posts 20-09-2007 11:36 Firebird is offline Send an Email to Firebird Search for Posts by Firebird Add Firebird to your Buddy List AIM Screenname: Taishala YIM Screenname: taishala
Members browsing this thread: none
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: