Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Gatchaman Library] »Gatchaman Merchandise, old & new » It's Ken, the Oompa Loompa Eagle!
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page It's Ken, the Oompa Loompa Eagle!
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
tatsunokofan tatsunokofan is a Male
Gatch Guru

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 03-12-2006

spacer
It's Ken, the Oompa Loompa Eagle! Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Just like the title says!

http://page5.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/e71477407

Okay, it's actually the "Missile Firing Gatchaman," minus all of his accessories, but he sure looks like he'd be right at home with the Oompa Loompas!

James

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by tatsunokofan on 30-06-2007 at 17:06.
No new posts 30-06-2007 17:05 tatsunokofan is offline Send an Email to tatsunokofan Search for Posts by tatsunokofan Add tatsunokofan to your Buddy List
Springie Springie is a Female
Her Royal Fluffiness...Swan of Swans...

I am a Swan.

6 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 12-06-2006

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Bwahahahahahaha...That is hillarious! So, no cape, huh? Guess it would catch fire..and he could be in firebird mode!

pound pound pound pound

There is no problem that cannot be solved with time, patience, and a judicious amount of high explosives.

No new posts 30-06-2007 18:38 Springie is offline Send an Email to Springie Homepage of Springie Search for Posts by Springie Add Springie to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Springie MSN Screenname: Springie
Ebonyswanne Ebonyswanne is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Swan.

23 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 25-04-2007

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

hahahahaha that toy was well loved....poor Ken...So he's started smoking now???

No new posts 30-06-2007 20:52 Ebonyswanne is offline Send an Email to Ebonyswanne Search for Posts by Ebonyswanne Add Ebonyswanne to your Buddy List
meridianday meridianday is a Female
Galaxy Girl

I am a Devilstar.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 27-06-2001

spacer

I'm having very bad nipple thoughts....

Getting away from that, what short hair he has? But he certainly is very broad and stumpy. Ken the miner. Those clippy bits on his arms and legs look amusing. Perhaps that's where the missiles used to be kept when he wasn't wearing them in his bosom.

Devilstar Mallanox : "My mother was Irish and my father was an alien. I was an only child and I dress funny." Devilstar

No new posts 30-06-2007 20:59 meridianday is offline Send an Email to meridianday Homepage of meridianday Search for Posts by meridianday Add meridianday to your Buddy List
Gatch Guru

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Those clippy bits on his arms and legs look amusing. Perhaps that's where the missiles used to be kept when he wasn't wearing them in his bosom.

That's correct! I've got an unopened version of that toy, and that's where the missiles are stored.

James

No new posts 30-06-2007 21:02 tatsunokofan is offline Send an Email to tatsunokofan Search for Posts by tatsunokofan Add tatsunokofan to your Buddy List
Galaxy Girl

I am a Devilstar.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Aye, the world of toys must sometimes be painful.

Does he have his cape and helmet in the un-played-with version? That short hair looks like it would have been helmeted.

Devilstar Mallanox : "My mother was Irish and my father was an alien. I was an only child and I dress funny." Devilstar

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by meridianday on 30-06-2007 at 21:07.
No new posts 30-06-2007 21:07 meridianday is offline Send an Email to meridianday Homepage of meridianday Search for Posts by meridianday Add meridianday to your Buddy List
Gatch Guru

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Does he have his cape and helmet in the un-played-with version? That short hair looks like it would have been helmeted.

He does have a helmet, removable made of soft vinyl, and obviously lost on this one. But alas, no cape. They probably figured it would get in the way of the triggers on his back.

If you want to see a picture of mine, you can find it here:

http://www.gatchamangoods.com/MissfireToy.html

James

No new posts 30-06-2007 21:27 tatsunokofan is offline Send an Email to tatsunokofan Search for Posts by tatsunokofan Add tatsunokofan to your Buddy List
Galaxy Girl

I am a Devilstar.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Oh my! He looks quite alarmed, with his arms up and his missiles all on display.

This must be one of the stranger Gatch toys. Although not as strange as the walking robot Ken. And definitely not as strange as transparent-bone-and-organ-viewing flying Ken with the propeller powered bottom.

I've got a few gatch toys myself, but nothing to rival your collection. Sadly the "flyingken" page on gatchamangoods.com is broken...

No new posts 30-06-2007 21:33 meridianday is offline Send an Email to meridianday Homepage of meridianday Search for Posts by meridianday Add meridianday to your Buddy List
amyltrer amyltrer is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Egoblosser.

4 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 02-12-2006

spacer

OMG, he's soo ugly and doesn't look like Ken at all.
What were those holes in his chest for?

No new posts 30-06-2007 21:37 amyltrer is offline Send an Email to amyltrer Search for Posts by amyltrer Add amyltrer to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: amyltrer MSN Screenname: amyltrer@hotmail.com
Gatch Guru

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
What were those holes in his chest for?

That was where he fires the missiles from.

What do you mean Ken never did that in the show?

James

No new posts 30-06-2007 21:46 tatsunokofan is offline Send an Email to tatsunokofan Search for Posts by tatsunokofan Add tatsunokofan to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am an Egoblosser.

4 fics uploaded

spacer

Nope. Well I haven't seen the first series, and from the Eagle Riders chops he never fired a missile. He had those in his personal arsenal?
Did he had other weapon except that cutting saucer....birdrang?

No new posts 30-06-2007 21:53 amyltrer is offline Send an Email to amyltrer Search for Posts by amyltrer Add amyltrer to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: amyltrer MSN Screenname: amyltrer@hotmail.com
Gatch Guru

0 fics uploaded

spacer

No, Ken never actually fired any missiles from his chest in any of the series. This was just an example of a toy manufacturer creating a gimmick that really makes no sense whatsoever.

Okay, if you want to get technical, the Ninja Team apparently do carry small missiles in the second series. These missiles are fired from their Sonic Guns, not their chests! They are used all of twice, and are not really a regularly-used part of their arsenal. All the Ninja Team also have Feather Shuriken, but you only see Joe and Jun use them. And they also carry a variety of small explosives, tracking devices, and whatever other knick-knack the script called for.

quote:
Did he had other weapon except that cutting saucer....birdrang?

As far as a regularly used weapons goes, in the first series Ken had the Boomerang, in the second he had the Bird Saucer and the Sonic Gun, and in the third series he had the Gatchaman Fencer and the Freeze Gun.

James

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by tatsunokofan on 30-06-2007 at 22:09.
No new posts 30-06-2007 22:09 tatsunokofan is offline Send an Email to tatsunokofan Search for Posts by tatsunokofan Add tatsunokofan to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am an Egoblosser.

4 fics uploaded

spacer

Thanks for explanation Tatusonokofan. I would really have freaked out if Ken used bra explsibles and I'd lost the ep.

Come to think, they could have used the idea for Jun's oversized boobs in the movie.

No new posts 30-06-2007 22:29 amyltrer is offline Send an Email to amyltrer Search for Posts by amyltrer Add amyltrer to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: amyltrer MSN Screenname: amyltrer@hotmail.com
Gatch Guru

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Come to think, they could have used the idea for Jun's oversized boobs in the movie.

Look out! She's packed with C4 and ready to blow!

James

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by tatsunokofan on 30-06-2007 at 22:37.
No new posts 30-06-2007 22:35 tatsunokofan is offline Send an Email to tatsunokofan Search for Posts by tatsunokofan Add tatsunokofan to your Buddy List
Metaliant Metaliant is a Male
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 06-06-2005

spacer

HHhhhmmmmm, I have another challenge for our Swan writers. Imagine, the team and Zoltar and couple of goons going undercover at Willy Wonka's Chocolate Factory.

No new posts 30-06-2007 23:04 Metaliant is offline Send an Email to Metaliant Homepage of Metaliant Search for Posts by Metaliant Add Metaliant to your Buddy List MSN Screenname: The Legend
Transmute Jun Transmute Jun is a Female
Queen of the Bird Missiles

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2007

spacer

Bwaaaaa haaa haaaa!!!!!! ROFL 2

I'm thinking about the Fembots from Austin Powers.... *snicker*

No new posts 04-07-2007 00:57 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
Members browsing this thread: none
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: