Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Speak Up!] »General Discussion » Bad news
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Bad news
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Kitsu Kitsu is a Female
Exalted Member

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 27-05-2016

spacer
Bad news Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

I haven't really been around for a few days... My oldest cat, kyoki, has been on a slow decline that suddenly began to accelerate. Sadly, today, I had to make the decision to have her put to sleep. It wasn't an easy decision to make, but it was something I had to do to end her suffering.
So let me tell you a bit about kyoki... She came to me as a 6 month old kitten from my husband's niece only a few weeks after I had had to make the decision to have my previous cat, Brandy, put to sleep. From day one, kyoki was full of mischief... She was forever getting into things she shouldn't have, would wake me up at night with her crazy antics. She had a weird lazy eye (I didn't even know a cat could have such a thing). She used to love to stick the tip of her tail in the tub when I was taking a bath as if the thing was a thermometer. When she would see a light being shone on the ceiling, she would look up at it and make a chattering noise that made her sound like a defective typewriter. She was very soft spoken, but that didn't mean she didn't like to make noise. She was my companion, my furry baby, my friend... For 12 years she was with me and my family, making herself a part of our strange little clan.
Her illness had been going on for months and today it had finally beaten her to the point that we knew it was time... I had to say goodbye to my little girl. The vet wrapped her in a blanket and I held her like a baby as my dear friend left this world and my life. It was heartbreaking and precious at the same time. We'll all miss her dearly (even her furry siblings).
And as a tribute, I thought I'd share some pictures of kyoki back when she was in good health.       

No new posts 28-06-2016 03:14 Kitsu is offline Search for Posts by Kitsu Add Kitsu to your Buddy List
ChrisW ChrisW is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 16-01-2012

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

*hugs* It hurts so much to lose a furry bundle of love. Frown Feel free to share lots more memories if it helps!

No new posts 28-06-2016 03:33 ChrisW is offline Send an Email to ChrisW Search for Posts by ChrisW Add ChrisW to your Buddy List
Springie Springie is a Female
Her Royal Fluffiness...Swan of Swans...

I am a Swan.

6 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 12-06-2006

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Awww, sweet kitty... I know it is hard to lose a furry family member! So sorry! *hugs*

There is no problem that cannot be solved with time, patience, and a judicious amount of high explosives.

No new posts 28-06-2016 03:49 Springie is offline Send an Email to Springie Homepage of Springie Search for Posts by Springie Add Springie to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Springie MSN Screenname: Springie
KT1972 KT1972 is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 02-11-2011

spacer

Hug So sorry for your loss, Kitsu,I know she will always have a special place in your heart.

No new posts 28-06-2016 07:16 KT1972 is offline Send an Email to KT1972 Search for Posts by KT1972 Add KT1972 to your Buddy List
ElectricWhite ElectricWhite is a Female
Gatchamaniac

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 29-12-2011

spacer

There's a special place in Heaven for pets, and she's waiting there, waiting to dip her tail in your bath when you join her. Cat

No new posts 28-06-2016 13:24 ElectricWhite is offline Send an Email to ElectricWhite Search for Posts by ElectricWhite Add ElectricWhite to your Buddy List
msannomalley msannomalley is a Female
Forum God

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 05-05-2014

spacer

I'm sorry for your loss. Pets are so much a part of our families. Frown

No new posts 28-06-2016 17:01 msannomalley is offline Send an Email to msannomalley Homepage of msannomalley Search for Posts by msannomalley Add msannomalley to your Buddy List
Becky Rock Becky Rock is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 16-04-2009

spacer

She was beautiful. I'm sorry for you loss, Kitsu.

No new posts 29-06-2016 00:53 Becky Rock is offline Send an Email to Becky Rock Search for Posts by Becky Rock Add Becky Rock to your Buddy List
Redbird Redbird is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-08-2013

spacer

Such a pretty girl, Kitsu. I know how hard it is and am so sorry. Grouphug

No new posts 29-06-2016 11:40 Redbird is offline Search for Posts by Redbird Add Redbird to your Buddy List
Daniella T Daniella T is a Female
GatchaFreak

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 18-09-2011

spacer

Sorry to read this, Kitsu. She was indeed a beauty.
At least you know she's not suffering any more.

Huggles

No new posts 30-06-2016 19:24 Daniella T is offline Send an Email to Daniella T Search for Posts by Daniella T Add Daniella T to your Buddy List
Kitsu Kitsu is a Female
Exalted Member

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 27-05-2016

spacer

Thank you everyone for the beautiful words, it really helped a lot. Smile
I'm still having some difficulty, but I know I made the right choice. She was so ill and I think her body was shutting down the day I took her. It was the most merciful thing I could do.
I know she'll always live on in our hearts and memories. And now more people will remember her. She was definitely a unique little girl.

No new posts 03-07-2016 12:52 Kitsu is offline Search for Posts by Kitsu Add Kitsu to your Buddy List
RIgirl RIgirl is a Female
Babbling Loonie

I am a Red Squadron.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 12-04-2010

spacer

I'm so sorry to hear about your kitty, Kitsu. Even though she is no longer with you, she will always be in your heart.

No new posts 09-07-2016 18:18 RIgirl is offline Send an Email to RIgirl Search for Posts by RIgirl Add RIgirl to your Buddy List
Members browsing this thread: none
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: