Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Speak Up!] »General Discussion » New Star Trek series?
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page New Star Trek series?
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
ElectricWhite ElectricWhite is a Female
Gatchamaniac

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 29-12-2011

spacer
New Star Trek series? Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

At the CBS Upfront presentation at Carnegie Hall in New York on May 18, CBS unveiled the logo for the new STAR TREK television series within the first-ever promotional video.

https://youtu.be/xXpPweAooeE

I'm not forgetting the overall success rate the networks have with rebooting classic series...but I'm still going to keep my fingers crossed.

Your thoughts?

No new posts 20-05-2016 02:48 ElectricWhite is offline Send an Email to ElectricWhite Search for Posts by ElectricWhite Add ElectricWhite to your Buddy List
ChrisW ChrisW is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 16-01-2012

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Not much to go on. I wish they'd stop recycling things though and go with some newer ideas. (Says she who goes a little nuts at any hint that Gatch or BOTP might come back. Smile )

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by ChrisW on 20-05-2016 at 03:33.
No new posts 20-05-2016 03:33 ChrisW is offline Send an Email to ChrisW Search for Posts by ChrisW Add ChrisW to your Buddy List
Becky Rock Becky Rock is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 16-04-2009

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

I had heard about it but hadn't checked any further. But I had read it was only going to be available on the CBS Access, which you have to pay for, but the video said CBS and CBS Access, so we'll see.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Becky Rock on 22-05-2016 at 17:37.
No new posts 20-05-2016 22:35 Becky Rock is offline Send an Email to Becky Rock Search for Posts by Becky Rock Add Becky Rock to your Buddy List
tatsunokofan tatsunokofan is a Male
Gatch Guru

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 03-12-2006

spacer

Hi all!

The series will be making its premiere on the regular, over-the-air CBS network, as a means to give it wider exposure and generate interest in seeing it. After that, the remainder of the episodes of the first season will be released once a week on the CBS All Access subscription service.

So, the claim that it will be on both CBS and CBS All Access is technically correct, but the one-time free showing of the first episode is really only intended as a tease to encourage people to pay to see the rest.

James

No new posts 22-05-2016 03:27 tatsunokofan is offline Send an Email to tatsunokofan Search for Posts by tatsunokofan Add tatsunokofan to your Buddy List
Becky Rock Becky Rock is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 16-04-2009

spacer

I just read that distinction, also. I'll watch the first episode and go from there.

No new posts 22-05-2016 17:38 Becky Rock is offline Send an Email to Becky Rock Search for Posts by Becky Rock Add Becky Rock to your Buddy List
Transmute Jun Transmute Jun is a Female
Queen of the Bird Missiles

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2007

spacer

There's a rumor that Nathan Fillion might be cast as the Captain, which would be awesome!

Just a rumor, though.

No new posts 24-05-2016 12:59 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
Members browsing this thread: none
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: