Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Speak Up!] »General Discussion » Crescent Coral Library is Sort of Up and Running
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): « previous  1  [2]  Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Crescent Coral Library is Sort of Up and Running
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
msannomalley msannomalley is a Female
Forum God

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 05-05-2014

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Becky Rock
I started to post Sacrifice, but couldn't figure out how to do chapter 2. I followed your instructions for starting a fic with chapters, Ann, but can't figure out how to do chapter 2 and onward.

You would post the text in the editor like normal. In the book field, start typing "Sacrifice" (without the quote marks). In the chapter field, type the number 2.

I added another field underneath the editor for "Pen Name", and that's a required field. I added it there so if someone posts a story with multiple authors, they can add them this way. You can just start typing your name and it should show up.

No new posts 01-05-2016 23:18 msannomalley is offline Send an Email to msannomalley Homepage of msannomalley Search for Posts by msannomalley Add msannomalley to your Buddy List
Becky Rock Becky Rock is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 16-04-2009

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

So I open what I already started with Sacrifice in edit or start new? Sorry, but I'm really computer challenged.

No new posts 02-05-2016 02:06 Becky Rock is offline Send an Email to Becky Rock Search for Posts by Becky Rock Add Becky Rock to your Buddy List
Forum God

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
So I open what I already started with Sacrifice in edit or start new? Sorry, but I'm really computer challenged.

No, that's okay. There's always a learning curve with new things. Smile

You would go to the editor as if you were posting something new. Under the editor, you just have to type in Sacrifice (since that's the name of your "book" or multi-chapter story). Under chapter, you'd put the number 2. When you post, it will keep them together.

I'm hoping that the plug-in authors will add something to make each "book" (their term for multi-chapter story) have its own index page.

No new posts 02-05-2016 16:02 msannomalley is offline Send an Email to msannomalley Homepage of msannomalley Search for Posts by msannomalley Add msannomalley to your Buddy List
Daniella T Daniella T is a Female
GatchaFreak

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 18-09-2011

spacer

I'm in Greece with only the iPad, but I'll try to upload my multi-chapter stories (plus the multi-chapter one we did with EW, hee hee) when I get back to Brussels. Thanks again for setting this up, MsAnn!

No new posts 02-05-2016 16:54 Daniella T is offline Send an Email to Daniella T Search for Posts by Daniella T Add Daniella T to your Buddy List
GatchaFreak

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by ElectricWhite
quote:
Originally posted by Daniella T
OK, the one-off stories co-authored by EW and DT are up in the Crescent Coral Library!

*Insert evil laugh here. Thanks.*

Thanks for the Easter wishes, EW Smile

No new posts 02-05-2016 16:56 Daniella T is offline Send an Email to Daniella T Search for Posts by Daniella T Add Daniella T to your Buddy List
Forum God

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
I'm in Greece with only the iPad, but I'll try to upload my multi-chapter stories (plus the multi-chapter one we did with EW, hee hee) when I get back to Brussels. Thanks again for setting this up, MsAnn!

You're welcome!

I went into a couple of your stories with Electric White and checked both of your names under "Pen Names". I wasn't able to do it for all of them, but it's something you might want to go back and do.

No new posts 02-05-2016 17:41 msannomalley is offline Send an Email to msannomalley Homepage of msannomalley Search for Posts by msannomalley Add msannomalley to your Buddy List
GatchaFreak

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by msannomalley
quote:

You're welcome!

I went into a couple of your stories with Electric White and checked both of your names under "Pen Names". I wasn't able to do it for all of them, but it's something you might want to go back and do.

Ok, will do when I'm back in Belgium, thanks!

No new posts 02-05-2016 18:03 Daniella T is offline Send an Email to Daniella T Search for Posts by Daniella T Add Daniella T to your Buddy List
Forum God

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
quote:

You would go to the editor as if you were posting something new. Under the editor, you just have to type in Sacrifice (since that's the name of your "book" or multi-chapter story). Under chapter, you'd put the number 2. When you post, it will keep them together.

I'm hoping that the plug-in authors will add something to make each "book" (their term for multi-chapter story) have its own index page.

Becky, there is a video that will help answer your question. The information you need begins around the 1 minute mark in the video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZHn9JqThcXc&feature=youtu.be

No new posts 10-05-2016 16:50 msannomalley is offline Send an Email to msannomalley Homepage of msannomalley Search for Posts by msannomalley Add msannomalley to your Buddy List
jublke
Forum Legend

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 24-10-2009

spacer

I'm having trouble figuring out how to post something using an iPad. Can you post using a mobile device? I think I might have trouble with plug ins.

No new posts 23-05-2016 01:56 jublke is offline Send an Email to jublke Homepage of jublke Search for Posts by jublke Add jublke to your Buddy List
Forum God

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by jublke
I'm having trouble figuring out how to post something using an iPad. Can you post using a mobile device? I think I might have trouble with plug ins.

I'll have to look into it. I have a Samsung galaxy tablet so I don't know if what I find using my tablet would apply to an iPad.

ETA: I updated your roles on the site. That should help. If not, let me know.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by msannomalley on 23-05-2016 at 13:43.
No new posts 23-05-2016 13:34 msannomalley is offline Send an Email to msannomalley Homepage of msannomalley Search for Posts by msannomalley Add msannomalley to your Buddy List
Becky Rock Becky Rock is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 16-04-2009

spacer

quote:
quote:
quote:

Becky, there is a video that will help answer your question. The information you need begins around the 1 minute mark in the video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZHn9JqThcXc&feature=youtu.be

Thanks!

No new posts 23-05-2016 22:35 Becky Rock is offline Send an Email to Becky Rock Search for Posts by Becky Rock Add Becky Rock to your Buddy List
jublke
Forum Legend

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 24-10-2009

spacer

Okay, I got in and I posted something. Thanks!!

But I also managed to generate a very weird error while I was in there:

-10520: Jetpack: [missing_token]

I have no idea what it means. It seems to get confused as to whether I'm logged in or not if I log in from my Wordpress account.

No new posts 24-05-2016 19:03 jublke is offline Send an Email to jublke Homepage of jublke Search for Posts by jublke Add jublke to your Buddy List
Forum God

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by jublke
Okay, I got in and I posted something. Thanks!!

But I also managed to generate a very weird error while I was in there:

-10520: Jetpack: [missing_token]

I have no idea what it means. It seems to get confused as to whether I'm logged in or not if I log in from my Wordpress account.

Try logging in again. Everything seems to be okay from my end.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by msannomalley on 25-05-2016 at 16:29.
No new posts 25-05-2016 16:23 msannomalley is offline Send an Email to msannomalley Homepage of msannomalley Search for Posts by msannomalley Add msannomalley to your Buddy List
RIgirl RIgirl is a Female
Babbling Loonie

I am a Red Squadron.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 12-04-2010

spacer

Hi, Ms. Ann! I have been trying to get onto your web site, but with little success. I seem to be caught in a sort of Catch-22 -- I get the login screen, but when I log in, it tells me that it expired and to get another, so I email, have a new one sent to me, and then that tells me it expired.

What am I doing wrong? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

No new posts 27-05-2016 20:52 RIgirl is offline Send an Email to RIgirl Search for Posts by RIgirl Add RIgirl to your Buddy List
Forum God

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by RIgirl
Hi, Ms. Ann! I have been trying to get onto your web site, but with little success. I seem to be caught in a sort of Catch-22 -- I get the login screen, but when I log in, it tells me that it expired and to get another, so I email, have a new one sent to me, and then that tells me it expired.

What am I doing wrong? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

I'll have a look

No new posts 28-05-2016 23:49 msannomalley is offline Send an Email to msannomalley Homepage of msannomalley Search for Posts by msannomalley Add msannomalley to your Buddy List
« previous  1  [2]  --> Members browsing this thread: none Pages (2): « previous  1  [2] 
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: