Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Speak Up!] »General Discussion » Chris update
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (7): « previous  1  [2]  3  4  next »  ... last »  Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Chris update
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
ElectricWhite ElectricWhite is a Female
Gatchamaniac

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 29-12-2011

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you, Chris. Huggles

No new posts 30-03-2015 03:01 ElectricWhite is offline Send an Email to ElectricWhite Search for Posts by ElectricWhite Add ElectricWhite to your Buddy List
Springie Springie is a Female
Her Royal Fluffiness...Swan of Swans...

I am a Swan.

6 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 12-06-2006

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Ugh...so sorry, Chris. It was nice to hear that he was doing better for a while, at least. Hope you are able to have a nice time with your friend tomorrow. Sounds like you need a break...

There is no problem that cannot be solved with time, patience, and a judicious amount of high explosives.

No new posts 30-03-2015 03:04 Springie is offline Send an Email to Springie Homepage of Springie Search for Posts by Springie Add Springie to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Springie MSN Screenname: Springie
KT1972 KT1972 is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 02-11-2011

spacer

yeah, don't cancel your plans, you need the break too, and sitting around just fretting wouldn't be very helpful to anyone, least of all your parents.

thinking of you all, take care won't you. Huggles

No new posts 30-03-2015 06:30 KT1972 is offline Send an Email to KT1972 Search for Posts by KT1972 Add KT1972 to your Buddy List
k2p2 k2p2 is a Female
Babbling Loonie

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 08-12-2011

spacer

Keeping you and your family in my thoughts Chris.

No new posts 30-03-2015 10:46 k2p2 is offline Send an Email to k2p2 Search for Posts by k2p2 Add k2p2 to your Buddy List
ChrisW ChrisW is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 16-01-2012

spacer

Mom got me up early to help with dad. He's not non-responsive, which is good. He's very much not with it, either, but that's always better than non-responsive. As my mom put it, it took 1 1/2 hrs to get him up, into the bathroom, and then back to bed ... lots of time spent just trying to coax him in this or that direction or to sit down or whatever. I'm not a very patient person by nature so I just keep trying to see it from his POV and so far I've managed to keep calm and go with the flow. I suppose it helps that I tend to arrive in the middle of the drama so I'm not worn down yet. *shrug*

Mom's getting a bath so I'm sitting with an ear out for dad. After that I'll shower, and by the time my friend gets here, I'll be ready to go.

No new posts 30-03-2015 12:46 ChrisW is offline Send an Email to ChrisW Search for Posts by ChrisW Add ChrisW to your Buddy List
Transmute Jun Transmute Jun is a Female
Queen of the Bird Missiles

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2007

spacer

I didn't realize your family was so ill, Chis. I hope that your mother's health improves, and that you are able to have some lucid moments with your dad. I'm glad that you can still find things to look forward to in all of this.

No new posts 30-03-2015 16:52 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

I went out with my friend to a comic shop (no BOTP stuff, which I mostly expected, but I did get a Rocket Raccoon toy for the hubby!) for Mexican (I had some lovely Mahi fish tacos), we stopped by a bakery and I got a cannoli (for now) and a cannoli cupcake (for later), and then we came back. My friend went through this with her grandparents, who raised her, so she's good to talk to about this stuff.

***warning, the next part is a little gross but I have phrased it as delicately as possible***

I came back to find that (selfishly) I was away at a very good time. My dad apparently got up and, um, dribbled, um, (you don't want to know) from his office where his hospital bed is set up, through the (carpeted) master bedroom, and into the bathroom. Then he proceeded to stuff a whole roll of toilet paper into the toilet (he has a toilet paper obsession that involves a lot of plungers and the occasional need for drano).

***gross part over***

Now a hospice nurse is here to help him shower and shave and stuff, which is nice. She also helped us get the cap off of his spray deodorant. What hellish brute machine put that thing on??????????

Life still ain't dull!

No new posts 30-03-2015 18:42 ChrisW is offline Send an Email to ChrisW Search for Posts by ChrisW Add ChrisW to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

0 fics uploaded

spacer

I'm glad you were able to get a break. It's also good that you've got a friend who knows what you're going through. (And kudos for the great job of lessening the blow of the not-so-pretty bit!)

No new posts 30-03-2015 18:51 ElectricWhite is offline Send an Email to ElectricWhite Search for Posts by ElectricWhite Add ElectricWhite to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

I do have a southern upbringing, and can manage to be semi-genteel at times, hehe. The look on my mother's face when I got back and asked her how her solo time went was truly priceless.

TJ: Sometimes when people ask me how I am, I smile really big and say, "Well, let me tell you ..."

No new posts 30-03-2015 19:10 ChrisW is offline Send an Email to ChrisW Search for Posts by ChrisW Add ChrisW to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

I have some GOOD NEWS to share. Smile It helps to give a little background ...

So I mentioned hubby has 2 torn tendons (the large ones) in his left shoulder. In BC someone screwed up in a report a while back and said we had a glut of orthopedic surgeons, but it was the opposite, so there are some wait lists at the moment. Nervous, hubby had called the surgeon's office since we hadn't been called for his appointment yet, and he found out that one way to get bumped up is to get an appointment with the surgeon's associate to see if he does need surgery, and how badly.

That appointment was today. He definitely needs surgery. His options were June, or next Tuesday, so he's going for next Tues! Sooner is better than later, if those tendons tear completely he could lose use of his arm.

Obviously I can't be there. I'd gotten the news about his needing surgery around the same time I found out I needed to go to FL, so I'd talked to Rob's mother. She's currently arranging a flight so she can help Rob out, so that's a relief too. Glad he's getting the surgery even if I'm across the continent in another country!

No new posts 31-03-2015 19:54 ChrisW is offline Send an Email to ChrisW Search for Posts by ChrisW Add ChrisW to your Buddy List
KT1972 KT1972 is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 02-11-2011

spacer

well that will be a weight off your mind. Hope it all goes well for him on Tuesday, and gets a speedy recovery too Smile

No new posts 31-03-2015 21:41 KT1972 is offline Send an Email to KT1972 Search for Posts by KT1972 Add KT1972 to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Yeah, what KT said!

No new posts 31-03-2015 22:34 ElectricWhite is offline Send an Email to ElectricWhite Search for Posts by ElectricWhite Add ElectricWhite to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

His mom arrives Monday to take care of her baby. Smile

No new posts 31-03-2015 23:09 ChrisW is offline Send an Email to ChrisW Search for Posts by ChrisW Add ChrisW to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

It was 3am ...

CRASHBOOMBANG

Me, very groggy ...

"Uh oh ... I should probably get up ... could be mice ... could be nothing ... ah, there's mom's voice, she doesn't sound panicked ... but I should probably get up ... but it could be mice ..."

Took a bit but I made myself get up. My dad had managed in his very out of it state to wander into the garage in an attempt to find the bathroom (let's ignore the fact that the garage is farther from where he was than 3, well 2 1/2, different bathrooms). Next half hour involved lots of herding and waiting, then back to bed.

ZZZZZZZZZZZ

No new posts 02-04-2015 15:57 ChrisW is offline Send an Email to ChrisW Search for Posts by ChrisW Add ChrisW to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Thankfully it didn't turn out to be something worse! (For some reason my mind started working on how this could have turned into a warped version of "Where's Waldo?"....sometimes I seriously wonder about myself.)

No new posts 02-04-2015 16:30 ElectricWhite is offline Send an Email to ElectricWhite Search for Posts by ElectricWhite Add ElectricWhite to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Hehe, that is funny. We're trying to figure out how to handle the wandering since he's so stealthy and not with it enough to ring the bell my mom got him to let us know he's getting up and needs help. We might have to put some kind of bell or alarm onto the door of the room he sleeps in. We've tried locking all the doors so he can't get out of the house or into the backyard (fears of finding him in the pool in the morning) ... fortunately the sliding glass doors to the back are annoying to unlock and open even if you're at full mental and physical capacity.

No new posts 02-04-2015 18:05 ChrisW is offline Send an Email to ChrisW Search for Posts by ChrisW Add ChrisW to your Buddy List
Kritter Kritter is a Female
Forum Legend

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 22-05-2014

spacer

You can get pressure alarms that go under the mattress that go off when the person gets out of the bed, that's what we used when granny 's dementia got bad and she started wandering. We also had alarms on the doors that would go off when they were opened.

No new posts 03-04-2015 13:43 Kritter is offline Send an Email to Kritter Search for Posts by Kritter Add Kritter to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Good suggestion. Smile

No new posts 03-04-2015 16:50 ChrisW is offline Send an Email to ChrisW Search for Posts by ChrisW Add ChrisW to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

It continues to be interesting here. Sometimes he's kinda lucid, even mostly making sense, but the word salad effect definitely comes into play. It's especially challenging when it comes to food. He'll say he wants spaghetti with a bunch of vegetables, but it's very hard to get down to specifics (what kind of sauce? which vegetables?) I end up bringing things to show him or asking him lots of yes/no questions (tomato sauce? butter? olive oil?) until I get a nod, and hope that we're in agreement on what the words mean. Other times he might be walking around the house in a heavily delusional haze, refusing to sit or lie down (which is problematic because he's shaky on his feet and we're afraid he'll fall), and sometimes trying to interact with things that aren't there because he's hallucinating.

Somehow for Easter we had him at the table, eating, with pants on even. Smile I was sitting next to him and he hijacked my salad without asking, but I'm getting used to that. Tongue

Oh and Rob's shoulder surgery starts at 11:40am Pacific time or so ...

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by ChrisW on 07-04-2015 at 16:31.
No new posts 07-04-2015 16:30 ChrisW is offline Send an Email to ChrisW Search for Posts by ChrisW Add ChrisW to your Buddy List
mylari mylari is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 03-09-2014

spacer

*hugs* hang in there!

Find me on the web at Mylari's Anime Website

No new posts 07-04-2015 16:53 mylari is offline Send an Email to mylari Homepage of mylari Search for Posts by mylari Add mylari to your Buddy List
« previous  1  [2]  3  4  next »  ... last »  --> Members browsing this thread: none Pages (7): « previous  1  [2]  3  4  next »  ... last » 
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: