Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Speak Up!] »General Discussion » Chris update
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (7): [1]  2  3  next »  ... last »  Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Chris update
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
ChrisW ChrisW is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 16-01-2012

spacer
Chris update Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

I've been in FL for about 11 days now. My dad's been wildly up and down, not just day to day, but within each day. He may have a lucid hour here and there and that's about it. Sometimes my mom wakes up my brother or myself to help her with dad if things get intense, and we try to help a lot during the day. Right now, he's completely unresponsive. That means that he's lying there, eyes open, staring, eyes sometimes moving, but no one is home. It also means that he clenches his teeth whenever we try to put anything into his mouth, so we can't give him any fluids or the lactulose that might get his body to expel the extra ammonia that's probably the cause.

We're waiting on a hospice nurse to come and help. It's possible the nurse can get stuff into him and get him to the bathroom. Otherwise, it's off to the hospital where he gets a lactulose enema and IV fluids and whatnot. Fun fun.

In the name of trying to see the humor in things, when you try to so much as put a straw in his mouth, my dad clenches his teeth and makes very unhappy noises, scrunching his mouth up like a little kid.

On the plus side, my mother's breast cancer surgical infection has cleared up and she can finally return to her radiation treatments. She'd only gotten 3 before they saw how red and tender she was and pulled her out.

Just for more fun, I've had my period the whole time I've been down here (plus some before I left home) ... I assume it's body confusion from the depo provera. Fortunately it's lighter than usual or I'd be in trouble. I can tell I ovulated too because I have fibroids on the right and whenever I ovulate on the right it pinches. Tongue

My husband swears things are okay at home, aside from hip pain flare-ups he's been getting that sometimes make it hard to walk (and of course I shouldn't worry). Those are fairly new so that's fun. He's got an appointment on the 31st with an associate of the orthopedic surgeon who will hopefully be fixing the 2 badly torn tendons in his shoulder. Apparently getting that appointment is the key to being bumped up on the list and getting the surgery faster, so this is a good thing.

All I can say is that I'm glad book 9 in a series I read just came out yesterday, and is sitting in the Kindle app on my iPad. If we end up going to the hospital I at least have a new book to lose myself in.

No new posts 28-03-2015 16:12 ChrisW is offline Send an Email to ChrisW Search for Posts by ChrisW Add ChrisW to your Buddy List
KT1972 KT1972 is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 02-11-2011

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Hug Hug Hug Hug Hug

hoping things turn around soon for you all, Chris, and if a hospital visit does become necessary, then I hope you enjoy your new book!

we're always here when you need to rant, don't forget that ok.

No new posts 28-03-2015 16:25 KT1972 is offline Send an Email to KT1972 Search for Posts by KT1972 Add KT1972 to your Buddy List
ElectricWhite ElectricWhite is a Female
Gatchamaniac

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 29-12-2011

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Huggles

There's not much I can add...hang in there, Kiddo.

No new posts 28-03-2015 16:46 ElectricWhite is offline Send an Email to ElectricWhite Search for Posts by ElectricWhite Add ElectricWhite to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

No hospital as yet. The nurse decided to experiment and see if giving him his lactulose via eyedropper would work. It only works if he's got enough consciousness to swallow the stuff and not aspirate it, and fortunately he did swallow it, even if he did a full body shudder each time. *chuckle* (Lactulose is very, very sweet and sticky.) She managed to give him his whole dose that way, by putting it into his cheek so he can't bite the eyedropper. (Sorry if this is TMI ...) He's rocking an adult diaper and now we wait 2 hrs and give him dose #2. If 2 hours after that there's no signs of improvement and the lactulose hasn't done its thing (binding to the ammonia in his body and flushing it out *cough*) then it might be a hospital trip after all.

No new posts 28-03-2015 17:16 ChrisW is offline Send an Email to ChrisW Search for Posts by ChrisW Add ChrisW to your Buddy List
KT1972 KT1972 is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 02-11-2011

spacer

good luck with dose 2 when the time comes.... hopefully your new book can wait until another day Smile

Grouphug

No new posts 28-03-2015 17:30 KT1972 is offline Send an Email to KT1972 Search for Posts by KT1972 Add KT1972 to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Here's a funny. My brother had gone to an event today, and we weren't going to tell him what was up unless dad had to go to the hospital since there was nothing he could do here but fret with us. He asked, though, and we weren't gonna lie either. Once the nurse had come and we did the eye dropper thing and stuff, and I told him, he decided to come home. Except what he texted me was, "If I don't answer, it's because I'm dying."

I wrote back: "Please don't die. Smile"

While I was laughing it finally occurred to me that what he meant to say, and probably got sabotaged by autocorrect on, was that "If I don't answer, it's because I'm DRIVING." Smile

No new posts 28-03-2015 17:51 ChrisW is offline Send an Email to ChrisW Search for Posts by ChrisW Add ChrisW to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Gotta love Autocorrect! (Biggest misnomer EVER! "Autofu**up" would probably be a better name....)

No new posts 28-03-2015 19:01 ElectricWhite is offline Send an Email to ElectricWhite Search for Posts by ElectricWhite Add ElectricWhite to your Buddy List
Reboekah
Master Boardie

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 12-03-2005

spacer

Hugs Chris!

I'm not that far away - so whistle if you need a mental break...

No new posts 28-03-2015 20:30 Reboekah is offline Send an Email to Reboekah Homepage of Reboekah Search for Posts by Reboekah Add Reboekah to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Indeed. Smile

Whee, we've given my dad round #2 of his lactulose. He wasn't any happier about it but he's still not responsive. The nurse will be calling later to see how it's going.

Gah, it's so weird, he's "not responsive" but he does respond to some things.

No new posts 28-03-2015 20:35 ChrisW is offline Send an Email to ChrisW Search for Posts by ChrisW Add ChrisW to your Buddy List
amethyst amethyst is a Female
Wanted: $1000 Reward

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 15-07-2009

spacer

Hugs! At least you have support, and enough to get a few breaks!

No new posts 28-03-2015 22:29 amethyst is offline Send an Email to amethyst Search for Posts by amethyst Add amethyst to your Buddy List
Daniella T Daniella T is a Female
GatchaFreak

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 18-09-2011

spacer

Lots of hugs, CW! Hope things get better soon!

No new posts 28-03-2015 22:42 Daniella T is offline Send an Email to Daniella T Search for Posts by Daniella T Add Daniella T to your Buddy List
Kritter Kritter is a Female
Forum Legend

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 22-05-2014

spacer

So sorry things are getting rougher. Glad you got the meds in him. Wish I could give you a real hug. Huggles

No new posts 28-03-2015 23:04 Kritter is offline Send an Email to Kritter Search for Posts by Kritter Add Kritter to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

In the middle of dinner my dad finally emerged looking for a bathroom. Yay! He's not particularly lucid but using the bathroom is key for him so that's good. Then he actually drank water and ate yogurt. Things are looking up. Smile

No new posts 28-03-2015 23:46 ChrisW is offline Send an Email to ChrisW Search for Posts by ChrisW Add ChrisW to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

0 fics uploaded

spacer

woohoo

No new posts 29-03-2015 00:49 ElectricWhite is offline Send an Email to ElectricWhite Search for Posts by ElectricWhite Add ElectricWhite to your Buddy List
Becky Rock Becky Rock is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 16-04-2009

spacer

Actually, I think he was being responsive in a way since he was clenching his teeth.

Here's an autocorrect laugh for you. We have an employee's whose first name is Genecia. Autocorrect always tries to turn it to genitalia when I'm sending her a note. I have to turn it off every time.

No new posts 29-03-2015 17:35 Becky Rock is offline Send an Email to Becky Rock Search for Posts by Becky Rock Add Becky Rock to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

When I talk to Mylari, autocorrect always tries to change it to malaria.

Well it's officially called non-responsive, to differentiate it from being unconscious. He's more lucid today, thankfully.

No new posts 29-03-2015 18:28 ChrisW is offline Send an Email to ChrisW Search for Posts by ChrisW Add ChrisW to your Buddy List
RIgirl RIgirl is a Female
Babbling Loonie

I am a Red Squadron.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 12-04-2010

spacer

Hang in there, Chris! Hopefully, things will continue to improve for your dad!

Glad to see autocorrect is at least good for a few laughs! Smile

No new posts 29-03-2015 19:30 RIgirl is offline Send an Email to RIgirl Search for Posts by RIgirl Add RIgirl to your Buddy List
mylari mylari is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 03-09-2014

spacer

Hi Chris,

Yipes! I take one day to spend offline at the carshow and things go nuts. Glad he's doing better today though.

Find me on the web at Mylari's Anime Website

No new posts 29-03-2015 20:15 mylari is offline Send an Email to mylari Homepage of mylari Search for Posts by mylari Add mylari to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Mylari, your avatar is perfect for that post, LOL.

Yeah, it's a laugh a minute here ... my dad will continue to deteriorate but we're trying to make it as comfortable and pleasant as possible for him. He's currently kinda confused and nauseous, but refusing to take his nausea meds, and we're not sure why. He seems to avoid them in general. I think it's just one more pill in a big regimen of medications.

Right now he keeps stripping and then complaining he's cold. Never a dull moment. Whenever people want to come by I warn them that chances are good that they'll see my father in his underwear, if not downright nekkid. Smile

No new posts 29-03-2015 23:58 ChrisW is offline Send an Email to ChrisW Search for Posts by ChrisW Add ChrisW to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Well, he seems to be slipping again. I have the feeling that in the morning he's going to be non-responsive, he's very out of it, barely responsive to questions now. I have plans with a friend and my mother told me not to cancel, since I'd just be sitting here counting time and fretting with her and she'll have to call hospice one way or another. Will have to play it by ear. She might change her mind.

No new posts 30-03-2015 02:54 ChrisW is offline Send an Email to ChrisW Search for Posts by ChrisW Add ChrisW to your Buddy List
[1]  2  3  next »  ... last »  --> Members browsing this thread: none Pages (7): [1]  2  3  next »  ... last » 
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: