Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Speak Up!] »General Discussion » problems over at Gatchfanfic
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (4): « previous  1  [2]  3  4  next »  Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page problems over at Gatchfanfic
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
ElectricWhite ElectricWhite is a Female
Gatchamaniac

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 29-12-2011

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by jublke
Well, I got part of Crashed up there before the site went wonky and refused to accept another chapter.

EW, TJ -- Do I just keep trying to post at different times or do I need to retype the material? Any suggestions?

I haven't had it give me problems after part of the fic was up. But, then again, I usually don't post multi-chapter work,...I'd go on and try posting the rest from time to time -- I haven't had the site say that something was posted & then not post it.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by ElectricWhite on 02-01-2015 at 08:47.
No new posts 02-01-2015 08:46 ElectricWhite is offline Send an Email to ElectricWhite Search for Posts by ElectricWhite Add ElectricWhite to your Buddy List
jublke
Forum Legend

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 24-10-2009

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

quote:
Originally posted by Transmute Jun
Yes, I had some issues, but I was eventually able to post there. It was PITA though. Took me hours of trying and retrying. One chapter just didn't want to take and I had to post line by line... turned out it was one word causing the trouble, and I couldn't even figure out why, after all of that.

I tried TJ's brute force method and got it to accept the rest of Crashed, but it was exactly like she describes here - one word seemed to be derailing the entire chapter from posting. The rest of the chapters were fine.

It made me think of Gatchfanfic as a very surly beta reader. No, you can't post until you fix that, and I'm not going to tell you what that is. Bwah-ha-ha-ha!

No new posts 02-01-2015 16:21 jublke is offline Send an Email to jublke Homepage of jublke Search for Posts by jublke Add jublke to your Buddy List
ChrisW ChrisW is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 16-01-2012

spacer

LOLOL jublke, that's a perfect description

No new posts 02-01-2015 20:12 ChrisW is offline Send an Email to ChrisW Search for Posts by ChrisW Add ChrisW to your Buddy List
amethyst amethyst is a Female
Wanted: $1000 Reward

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 15-07-2009

spacer

That sounds like something in the script went buggy and it is wrongly picking up story text as script.

No new posts 03-01-2015 00:21 amethyst is offline Send an Email to amethyst Search for Posts by amethyst Add amethyst to your Buddy List
Becky Rock Becky Rock is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 16-04-2009

spacer

Technology is only good when it works the way we want it to work.

No new posts 03-01-2015 01:34 Becky Rock is offline Send an Email to Becky Rock Search for Posts by Becky Rock Add Becky Rock to your Buddy List
Springie Springie is a Female
Her Royal Fluffiness...Swan of Swans...

I am a Swan.

6 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 12-06-2006

spacer

This is the message I get every time I try to post there...and I am logged in, so I'm sure that's not the problem...

There is no problem that cannot be solved with time, patience, and a judicious amount of high explosives.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Springie on 03-01-2015 at 02:57.
No new posts 03-01-2015 02:56 Springie is offline Send an Email to Springie Homepage of Springie Search for Posts by Springie Add Springie to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Springie MSN Screenname: Springie
jublke
Forum Legend

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

I got the same error, Springie, but only when I tried to post chapter 3. I think Ame's assessment above is likely correct. There's some word or phrase in there that's causing the problem, but you can't find it without posting the story a chunk at a time, hitting preview, and seeing if it takes it. I think I finally changed one word in mine and it went through. No idea why that one word caused it to choke.

No new posts 03-01-2015 03:49 jublke is offline Send an Email to jublke Homepage of jublke Search for Posts by jublke Add jublke to your Buddy List

I am a Swan.

6 fics uploaded

spacer

OK, so I need to find the offending word, huh? I'll try that sometime. Thanks!

There is no problem that cannot be solved with time, patience, and a judicious amount of high explosives.

No new posts 03-01-2015 04:51 Springie is offline Send an Email to Springie Homepage of Springie Search for Posts by Springie Add Springie to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Springie MSN Screenname: Springie
Reboekah
Master Boardie

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 12-03-2005

spacer

Heyla...

Which word was removed? Were there any odd characters embedded?

Seems you may have accidentally invoked a system command, and it hiccuped...

Sometime in my future is a review of the site with Julieann and see what can be tweaked without losing the content.... Sometime after I finish teaching four courses and working a full time job and... Smile Gotta fit in some fanart sometime too...

No new posts 03-01-2015 14:39 Reboekah is offline Send an Email to Reboekah Homepage of Reboekah Search for Posts by Reboekah Add Reboekah to your Buddy List
jublke
Forum Legend

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Reboekah
Heyla...

Which word was removed? Were there any odd characters embedded?

Seems you may have accidentally invoked a system command, and it hiccuped...

Sometime in my future is a review of the site with Julieann and see what can be tweaked without losing the content.... Sometime after I finish teaching four courses and working a full time job and... Smile Gotta fit in some fanart sometime too...

Hi Boeke:

I don't think it should have had any odd characters embedded - I tried moving it from Pages to Notes. The whole section had lots of ellipses, but I don't think that was the problem either. This was the section that caused the error for me:

The vague description brought everything back to Jason: his teammates having the flu, Anderson dispatching Mark and him on this ridiculous excuse for a mission, the firefight with the Spectrans, a spectacular crash, immense pain, a reluctant admission to Mark that he didn't feel so good ...

The word was "having", which I changed to "catching." For reasons unknown to me, that seemed to help.

Thanks for looking into it, Boeke! I know you are busy. But check out the new Gatch fan art challenge that Springie started! I may have to attempt that one - very intimidating with so many great artists here.

No new posts 03-01-2015 16:32 jublke is offline Send an Email to jublke Homepage of jublke Search for Posts by jublke Add jublke to your Buddy List

I am a Swan.

6 fics uploaded

spacer

Poke this is me poking both of you to join! Please don't feel intimidated, Jublke...this challenge is just for us to appreciate every artist and to enjoy their contributions every month! You are both great artists and I hope you'll try to so as many contributions as you are able to! Bounce2

No new posts 03-01-2015 16:47 Springie is offline Send an Email to Springie Homepage of Springie Search for Posts by Springie Add Springie to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Springie MSN Screenname: Springie
msannomalley msannomalley is a Female
Forum God

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 05-05-2014

spacer

FWIW, a few weeks ago, I discovered a typo in one of my pieces on GFF, and I got the same error when I tried to fix it. I'm not sure if this helps anyone, but I just thought I would put it out there.

No new posts 03-01-2015 17:39 msannomalley is offline Send an Email to msannomalley Homepage of msannomalley Search for Posts by msannomalley Add msannomalley to your Buddy List
jublke
Forum Legend

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by msannomalley
FWIW, a few weeks ago, I discovered a typo in one of my pieces on GFF, and I got the same error when I tried to fix it. I'm not sure if this helps anyone, but I just thought I would put it out there.

Further supporting my theory that Gatchfanfic is a heartless, nit-picky beta reader.

Frustated fishhit Frustated

It has to be a Galactor plot ...

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by jublke on 03-01-2015 at 18:19.
Reason: Fixing smilies
No new posts 03-01-2015 18:17 jublke is offline Send an Email to jublke Homepage of jublke Search for Posts by jublke Add jublke to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Springie
This is the message I get every time I try to post there...and I am logged in, so I'm sure that's not the problem...

That's the one keep getting. I've tried posting the last chapter of The Hour Glass, parts of it, one sentence of it. I tried posting it as a new fic. Doesn't seems matter.

I wonder if the list of authors has become corrupted.

Julie - How the heck did you figure out it was the word having?

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Becky Rock on 03-01-2015 at 21:24.
No new posts 03-01-2015 21:22 Becky Rock is offline Send an Email to Becky Rock Search for Posts by Becky Rock Add Becky Rock to your Buddy List
Transmute Jun Transmute Jun is a Female
Queen of the Bird Missiles

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2007

spacer

Julie, I'm glad you were able to post. I think the word that was causing me problems was 'enjoying', IIRC. It was just the one chapter. All of the other chapters were able to post. I copied and pasted the text into the box, rather than uploading the file.

No new posts 04-01-2015 00:59 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
jublke
Forum Legend

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Becky Rock
quote:

That's the one keep getting. I've tried posting the last chapter of The Hour Glass, parts of it, one sentence of it. I tried posting it as a new fic. Doesn't seems matter.

I wonder if the list of authors has become corrupted.

Julie - How the heck did you figure out it was the word having?

Becky - I narrowed it down to one paragraph and then I just tried substituting words. I have no idea where the "real" problem was, but it worked after I made that change.

Shrug

There's times when being OCD - or CDO, as EW pointed out - has its merits!

No new posts 04-01-2015 02:11 jublke is offline Send an Email to jublke Homepage of jublke Search for Posts by jublke Add jublke to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

I don't have that kind of patience.

No new posts 04-01-2015 02:44 Becky Rock is offline Send an Email to Becky Rock Search for Posts by Becky Rock Add Becky Rock to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

I see some of you have been able to post, so I tried again. With 3 different chapters from 3 different stories and Nessie. I still get the Forbidden error. Sniffle

No new posts 07-01-2015 01:17 Becky Rock is offline Send an Email to Becky Rock Search for Posts by Becky Rock Add Becky Rock to your Buddy List
KT1972 KT1972 is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 02-11-2011

spacer

Yeah, I'm having major difficulties posting the Bradbury's jar fic. I'm at a point where it's not even accepting punctuation following a particular word!

No new posts 07-01-2015 08:20 KT1972 is offline Send an Email to KT1972 Search for Posts by KT1972 Add KT1972 to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

quote:

I haven't tried to post at Gatchfanfic in a while, so I tried again and I'm still getting that error.

I got the bright idea to create a new membership as Becky Rock 2, but it gave me that error when I tried that too. I'm still basically locked out, so I'm going to start posting everything over at fanfiction.net.

No new posts 19-04-2015 01:05 Becky Rock is offline Send an Email to Becky Rock Search for Posts by Becky Rock Add Becky Rock to your Buddy List
« previous  1  [2]  3  4  next »  --> Members browsing this thread: none Pages (4): « previous  1  [2]  3  4  next » 
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: