Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Gatchaman Library] »Gatchaman Chat » Jason-centric Episodes of BoTP
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): [1]  2  next »  Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Jason-centric Episodes of BoTP
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
Redbird Redbird is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-08-2013

spacer
Jason-centric Episodes of BoTP Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Ok, so while I grew up watching BoTP I admit to having a better liking of Gatchaman (I know many of you out there are the opposite. LOL). I humbly ask this question because I cannot remember all the names of BoTP episodes and how they aired in relation to Gatch.

Can someone please give me the names a few of the Jason centric episodes of BoTP?

No new posts 16-08-2014 23:35 Redbird is offline Search for Posts by Redbird Add Redbird to your Buddy List
ElectricWhite ElectricWhite is a Female
Gatchamaniac

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 29-12-2011

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

If that's not a question for James....

No new posts 16-08-2014 23:37 ElectricWhite is offline Send an Email to ElectricWhite Search for Posts by ElectricWhite Add ElectricWhite to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Oh wait a minute. I just realized I *think* the BoTP DVD set comes with booklets that might list all the episodes.... Dunce2

No new posts 16-08-2014 23:53 Redbird is offline Search for Posts by Redbird Add Redbird to your Buddy List
ChrisW ChrisW is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 16-01-2012

spacer

If you do a web search, there's a few lists out there that correlate all of the BOTP episode names to Gatch episodes ... I still remember BOTP fondly but I do prefer Gatch, myself. Alas I can't recall any off the top of my head, especially since many of the key Gatch episodes focused on Joe weren't used in BOTP. I guess there's the race one with the cyborg, don't know what they called that in BOTP.

(How's that for the laziest answer ever?!)

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by ChrisW on 17-08-2014 at 00:02.
No new posts 17-08-2014 00:01 ChrisW is offline Send an Email to ChrisW Search for Posts by ChrisW Add ChrisW to your Buddy List
amethyst amethyst is a Female
Wanted: $1000 Reward

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 15-07-2009

spacer

Race Against Disaster
Rage of the Robotoids

Are the two that stand out most two me

The Galacy Girls is about 50/50; he dominates the first half of the episode and then disappears.

There is no relationship to Gatch, or even a set viewing order, although the Gatch order can be used, the BotP production order might make more sense. If you don't like either of those, check the forums at Gatch Fanfic Juliesnn created an alternative viewing order.

No new posts 17-08-2014 00:04 amethyst is offline Send an Email to amethyst Search for Posts by amethyst Add amethyst to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

CW: No worries! LOL. (I probably would have said the same thing to someone!)

Thanks, Ame--I did recall the Galaxy Girls title off the top of my head. Yeah, I know there's no real connection to Gatch in relation to viewing order etc, as BoTP skipped around and left a lot of episodes out. I'll check out Julianne's list and I need to dig out the DVD's....LOL.

*And is the board being wonky here or is it just me???

No new posts 17-08-2014 00:11 Redbird is offline Search for Posts by Redbird Add Redbird to your Buddy List
amethyst amethyst is a Female
Wanted: $1000 Reward

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 15-07-2009

spacer

It's wonky, I had trouble posting.

The production order is good, there's some continuity there. Julieann's is very arc intensive.

No new posts 17-08-2014 00:14 amethyst is offline Send an Email to amethyst Search for Posts by amethyst Add amethyst to your Buddy List
ElectricWhite ElectricWhite is a Female
Gatchamaniac

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 29-12-2011

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Redbird
*And is the board being wonky here or is it just me???

I thought I was having some problems 'cause it's raining just hard enough to mess with WiFi here! Smirk

No new posts 17-08-2014 00:15 ElectricWhite is offline Send an Email to ElectricWhite Search for Posts by ElectricWhite Add ElectricWhite to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Ok, good to know it's *not* just me. I keep getting an error when trying to post...Frown

No new posts 17-08-2014 00:20 Redbird is offline Search for Posts by Redbird Add Redbird to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Well what I meant is that you can map the episode names. I know the official order of viewing is up to who you're talking to (or what book you're reading). But you can look up which episode corresponds to which.

When I think of the Joe-centric ones (BC island, his illness, his death) those aren't really in BOTP. There's some illness stuff in BOTP for Jason ... the G-6 episode where he meets Don's mother?

No new posts 17-08-2014 01:15 ChrisW is offline Send an Email to ChrisW Search for Posts by ChrisW Add ChrisW to your Buddy List
tatsunokofan tatsunokofan is a Male
Gatch Guru

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 03-12-2006

spacer

Hi all!

Okay, here are some episodes that relate to Jason. They're broken down into three categories. The first is those episodes that are true Jason-centric stories; those in which he is the lead character throughout. Next are Partially Jason-centric episodes; those episodes with significant Jason scenes, but he is not the featured character throughout. And last are Episodes With Good Jason Moments; these are stories where Jason is not the "star," but where he has moments where he stands out. These episodes include a notation of which scenes to look for.

Jason-centric

G-Force Defector
Race Against Disaster
Strike At Spectra

Partially Jason-centric

Awesome Ray Force, The
Jason-centric in the beginning, but then he disappears until the end

Conway Tape Tap, The
Jason-centric in the beginning and ending, but not in the middle

Galaxy Girls, The
Jason-centric during the first half, but he disappears in the second half

Rage of the Robotoids
Jason-centric in the first half, but he's sidelined for the second half.

Episodes With Good Jason Moments

Awesome Armadillo, The
Jason tests a new weapon, Jason confront Mark

Big Robot Gold Grab
Jason's solo mission to retrieve the gold, Jason fires the missile

Fastest Gun In the Galaxy
Jason versus Vargo

Fiery Lava Giant
Jason makes an ass of himself with Amelia

Ghost Ship of Planet Myr
Jason fires missile after missile after missile...

Giant From Planet Zyr
Jason and Mark in the cave

Invasion of Space Center Part II
Jason and Keyop's swim

Rockets Out of Control
Jason opens a locked door

Space Safari, The
Jason and Tiny search the jungle and rescue Keyop

Vacation On Venus
Jason saves G-Force from a nasty fall

I hope these will help!

James

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by tatsunokofan on 17-08-2014 at 04:33.
No new posts 17-08-2014 04:32 tatsunokofan is offline Send an Email to tatsunokofan Search for Posts by tatsunokofan Add tatsunokofan to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Go James!!!

No new posts 17-08-2014 05:13 ChrisW is offline Send an Email to ChrisW Search for Posts by ChrisW Add ChrisW to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Thank you James! You didn't need to do that, and I bow to your expertise! That was a big help!

kneelsuckers

Groupwave Groupwave Groupwave

No new posts 17-08-2014 14:24 Redbird is offline Search for Posts by Redbird Add Redbird to your Buddy List
Becky Rock Becky Rock is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 16-04-2009

spacer

I was going to suggest Jason's Battle of the Planets site, but James put it very nicely.

No new posts 17-08-2014 19:12 Becky Rock is offline Send an Email to Becky Rock Search for Posts by Becky Rock Add Becky Rock to your Buddy List
Kritter Kritter is a Female
Forum Legend

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 22-05-2014

spacer

What about The Beast With A Sweet Tooth. Jason does save Tiny.

No new posts 18-08-2014 02:55 Kritter is offline Send an Email to Kritter Search for Posts by Kritter Add Kritter to your Buddy List
Daniella T Daniella T is a Female
GatchaFreak

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 18-09-2011

spacer

Suddenly I ve got this urge to watch them all Wink

No new posts 18-08-2014 13:23 Daniella T is offline Send an Email to Daniella T Search for Posts by Daniella T Add Daniella T to your Buddy List
rachel rachel is a Female
Exalted Member

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 28-03-2014

spacer

I really want to see BOTP comics...
Are there many original episodes?

No new posts 18-08-2014 15:44 rachel is offline Send an Email to rachel Search for Posts by rachel Add rachel to your Buddy List
Transmute Jun Transmute Jun is a Female
Queen of the Bird Missiles

I am a Swan.

40 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-04-2007

spacer

quote:
Originally posted by Becky Rock
I was going to suggest Jason's Battle of the Planets site, but James put it very nicely.

I was going to do that as well. For future reference:

http://www.battleoftheplanets.info

If you go to the listing for the different characters, it gives a description of major events to happen during the series, along with links back to those specific episodes. For example, here is the page for Jason.

http://www.battleoftheplanets.info/jason.html

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Transmute Jun on 18-08-2014 at 15:48.
No new posts 18-08-2014 15:47 Transmute Jun is offline Send an Email to Transmute Jun Homepage of Transmute Jun Search for Posts by Transmute Jun Add Transmute Jun to your Buddy List
Springie Springie is a Female
Her Royal Fluffiness...Swan of Swans...

I am a Swan.

6 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 12-06-2006

spacer

Great list, James!
And yes, Jason's site is a great reference!

There is no problem that cannot be solved with time, patience, and a judicious amount of high explosives.

No new posts 18-08-2014 17:18 Springie is offline Send an Email to Springie Homepage of Springie Search for Posts by Springie Add Springie to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Springie MSN Screenname: Springie
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Rachel, there were 85 episodes of Battle of the Planets.

No new posts 18-08-2014 18:23 ChrisW is offline Send an Email to ChrisW Search for Posts by ChrisW Add ChrisW to your Buddy List
[1]  2  next »  --> Members browsing this thread: none Pages (2): [1]  2  next » 
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: