Gatchamania.net
Register Memberlist Staff Search FAQ Arcade Calendar Gallery Filebase Forums Home  

Gatchamania.net »[Speak Up!] »General Discussion » Could use a hug
Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Pages (2): [1]  2  next »  Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to the bottom of this page Could use a hug
Author
Post « Previous Thread | Next Thread »
ChrisW ChrisW is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 16-01-2012

spacer
Could use a hug Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Most of you know that my dad is very sick. He's got hepatitis C and stage 4 liver cancer. My mom contacted me the other day to let me know that he'd fallen in the bathroom and couldn't get up. Since he didn't seem injured, she needed to take his blood sugar, since he's also badly diabetic, but it took her an hour to do it since he was so out of it and uncooperative. My mom's not in great physical shape herself so I worry about her trying to pick him up and stuff.

They have an assigned nurse practitioner so my mom called them once she realized his blood sugar was fine. Then it was off to the ER, where they found his blood ammonia levels were off the charts. He's still in the hospital 2 days later. They're trying various things to get his blood ammonia down, and might drain some fluid from his abdomen while he's in there.

Meanwhile, it's just sit and wait and find out what this all might mean. Whee.

So yeah, I could use a hug. Or three.

No new posts 11-07-2014 00:19 ChrisW is offline Send an Email to ChrisW Search for Posts by ChrisW Add ChrisW to your Buddy List
Springie Springie is a Female
Her Royal Fluffiness...Swan of Swans...

I am a Swan.

6 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 12-06-2006

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

Oh dear...you are dealing with so much! Just remember that we are here for you when you need us...

Huggles

There is no problem that cannot be solved with time, patience, and a judicious amount of high explosives.

No new posts 11-07-2014 00:23 Springie is offline Send an Email to Springie Homepage of Springie Search for Posts by Springie Add Springie to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Springie MSN Screenname: Springie
KT1972 KT1972 is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 02-11-2011

spacer
Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Report Post to a Moderator        IP Information Go to the top of this page

You got it, Chris

Hug Hug Hug

No new posts 11-07-2014 00:24 KT1972 is offline Send an Email to KT1972 Search for Posts by KT1972 Add KT1972 to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

I think that's one reason I'm taking the time to post all those images, it's something nice and mindless and I can enjoy them and not think about other stuff.

No new posts 11-07-2014 00:25 ChrisW is offline Send an Email to ChrisW Search for Posts by ChrisW Add ChrisW to your Buddy List

I am a Swan.

6 fics uploaded

spacer

IKWYM...it does take your mind off things...and we all reap the benefits, too! I really enjoy scrolling through your Tumblr page (as you can probably tell- heehee).

Hope things improve for you soon, though!

There is no problem that cannot be solved with time, patience, and a judicious amount of high explosives.

No new posts 11-07-2014 00:30 Springie is offline Send an Email to Springie Homepage of Springie Search for Posts by Springie Add Springie to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Springie MSN Screenname: Springie
Daniella T Daniella T is a Female
GatchaFreak

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 18-09-2011

spacer

Huggles

I hope things get better soon!

No new posts 11-07-2014 00:37 Daniella T is offline Send an Email to Daniella T Search for Posts by Daniella T Add Daniella T to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Yes, I figure it's part selfish fun and part public service. Tongue There's a lot of funny stuff in there too, which is nice.

Hopefully I'll know more tomorrow. Not sure I'll get more info on my dad's health tonight.

No new posts 11-07-2014 00:46 ChrisW is offline Send an Email to ChrisW Search for Posts by ChrisW Add ChrisW to your Buddy List
Reboekah
Master Boardie

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 12-03-2005

spacer

Hugs hugs hugs Huggles Hug Huggles

No new posts 11-07-2014 00:56 Reboekah is offline Send an Email to Reboekah Homepage of Reboekah Search for Posts by Reboekah Add Reboekah to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Thanks ladies. I kept doing my "Bury it and pretend it doesn't exist" and decided that wasn't particularly healthy. A hug-fest is much better! Hug

No new posts 11-07-2014 01:08 ChrisW is offline Send an Email to ChrisW Search for Posts by ChrisW Add ChrisW to your Buddy List
Kritter Kritter is a Female
Forum Legend

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 22-05-2014

spacer

Hug Hug I can empathize with you. I went through something very similar with my grandmother and now I'm going through it with my grandfather.

No new posts 11-07-2014 02:21 Kritter is offline Send an Email to Kritter Search for Posts by Kritter Add Kritter to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

I'm so sorry, Kritter. *hugs* to you too.

No new posts 11-07-2014 03:34 ChrisW is offline Send an Email to ChrisW Search for Posts by ChrisW Add ChrisW to your Buddy List
Kritter Kritter is a Female
Forum Legend

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 22-05-2014

spacer

Its really tough watching the people you love get old and sick knowing there's not a lot you can do to help them. Other than be there for them and tell them how much you love them.

No new posts 11-07-2014 03:45 Kritter is offline Send an Email to Kritter Search for Posts by Kritter Add Kritter to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Alas we're all (or almost all) of an age to have personal experience with it. *sigh*

No new posts 11-07-2014 03:53 ChrisW is offline Send an Email to ChrisW Search for Posts by ChrisW Add ChrisW to your Buddy List

I am a Swan.

6 fics uploaded

spacer

Yes, they spend all of our early years worrying about us and now we worry about them. It's tough sometimes to keep the worrying under control and just enjoy the time we have. Puppydogeyes

Sometimes you just need a good escape/laugh and a hug... Grouphug

No new posts 11-07-2014 05:58 Springie is offline Send an Email to Springie Homepage of Springie Search for Posts by Springie Add Springie to your Buddy List YIM Screenname: Springie MSN Screenname: Springie
littlewolf littlewolf is a Female
Forum God

I am an Owl.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 10-04-2010

spacer

Huggles
hugs, prayers and lots of love being sent your way, your families way and those around you! xox

No new posts 11-07-2014 09:46 littlewolf is offline Send an Email to littlewolf Search for Posts by littlewolf Add littlewolf to your Buddy List
Redbird Redbird is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 04-08-2013

spacer

Sorry to hear about this, CW! Frown

Sending good thoughts and big Grouphug to you..

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Redbird on 11-07-2014 at 11:24.
No new posts 11-07-2014 11:23 Redbird is offline Search for Posts by Redbird Add Redbird to your Buddy List
ElectricWhite ElectricWhite is a Female
Gatchamaniac

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 29-12-2011

spacer

Oh Chris. Therethere We're all pulling for you.

No new posts 11-07-2014 12:45 ElectricWhite is offline Send an Email to ElectricWhite Search for Posts by ElectricWhite Add ElectricWhite to your Buddy List
Becky Rock Becky Rock is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 16-04-2009

spacer

I'm sorry to hear that, Chris. Lots of Huggles

No new posts 11-07-2014 22:05 Becky Rock is offline Send an Email to Becky Rock Search for Posts by Becky Rock Add Becky Rock to your Buddy List
Gatchamaniac

I am an Eagle.

0 fics uploaded

spacer

Today's report is that he's still in the hospital (I called him and he said "I've gotta get out of here!"), suffered an endoscopy and a colonoscopy, got polyps removed from his stomach, has a new growth on his duodenum to replace one he had removed a couple of years ago. Last time it was endoscopic so if they remove it, hopefully they can do it that way again. His ammonia levels are down now, which is good. He sounded coherent.

No new posts 11-07-2014 23:32 ChrisW is offline Send an Email to ChrisW Search for Posts by ChrisW Add ChrisW to your Buddy List
KT1972 KT1972 is a Female
Gatchamaniac

I am a Condor.

0 fics uploaded

Registration Date: 02-11-2011

spacer

sounding positive though Chris, stay hopeful for him. Huggles Huggles Huggles

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by KT1972 on 11-07-2014 at 23:39.
No new posts 11-07-2014 23:38 KT1972 is offline Send an Email to KT1972 Search for Posts by KT1972 Add KT1972 to your Buddy List
[1]  2  next »  --> Members browsing this thread: none Pages (2): [1]  2  next » 
Post New Thread Post Reply
Rate Thread: 

very bad very bad 

very good very good 

Go to: